***The OFFICIAL Jets v Texans Battle of the 2nd Overall Pick QBs Thread****

T0mShane

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

My sources tell me Saleh gave the game ball to DeMeco Ryans as a reward for staying in Cover Two the whole second half

Cover 2 is how the NFL is dealing with explosive offenses like the chiefs, first demonstrated by Bowles in the superbowl.  That’s quite the compliment for Zach. 

Just now, Larz said:

Cover 2 is how the NFL is dealing with explosive offenses like the chiefs, first demonstrated by Bowles in the superbowl.  That’s quite the compliment for Zach. 

Eh eh eh! Two high shells, pal. Not cover two. My high school team ran cover two because we were from the suburbs.

15 hours ago, Hex said:

Craziest part about this? Jets scored all of this in a single half.

Nah, craziest thing is it was the offense that scored it all! (including ST for FGs as "offense" of course ;-) )

Usually we score that much there's at least one defensive score in there.

Imo, the most under-the-radar moment of the day yesterday happened on the sideline when Quinnen went over to Zach and gave him a pat of encouragement.  (I think this was after he fumbled the ball when we were up 14-0.)

Maybe I'm wrong about this but it feels to me like he's starting to win over the team.  When he was benched for Boyle/Siemian and things got worse, I think the team realized that "it's not just Zach.  The OL is terrible and we have only 1 WR". 

Yesterday, they saw the skill and potential that Zach still has and I think the leader of our excellent defense was genuinely encouraged by it.  Zach not only "gives us our best chance to win" but he actually has plenty of skill too. 

And my guess is that his teammates appreciate how much he's been knocked down (benched multiple times,  replaced by AR8, criticized in the media) but still keeps fighting and was able to put up that performance yesterday.  I'm sure all of these guys have gone through their own issues and they appreciate how tough it is and how he's responding.

• Upvote 3