A Message from our Leader

slimjasi

2 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Bottom line is, other than a few, we wanted him here. We got him for less draft capital than we originally thought, he restructured his contract for 2 more years, so that we can get additional talent, and he gives us a chance to break this playoff drought. 

At this point, if he wasn’t here and we had Carr or Garoppolo or Minshew, you all know we wouldn’t be in the playoffs. Be honest. They are not game changers. 

We are back in 2024, with hopefully an all world tackle in the draft in Alt or Fashanu and possibly Davante Adams and of course Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall. And hopefully most of our defense. We have hope. 

Be grateful for Aaron. 

i didnt want him here, but im rooting for him and want to see him play 2 years or more.

but im not sure Carr or Minshew wasnt the better option. you forget the #1 pick we swapped that was that LT. and OL has been a big problem this year. we dont need great QB play, just decent and Carr or Minshew would have got that for us.

plus neither of those 2 QBs would have stopped us from drafting a QB if the season went as bad as it did here. 

again Rodgers is the better QB but still might not have been better for us.

4 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Bottom line is, other than a few, we wanted him here. We got him for less draft capital than we originally thought, he restructured his contract for 2 more years, so that we can get additional talent, and he gives us a chance to break this playoff drought. 

At this point, if he wasn’t here and we had Carr or Garoppolo or Minshew, you all know we wouldn’t be in the playoffs. Be honest. They are not game changers. 

We are back in 2024, with hopefully an all world tackle in the draft in Alt or Fashanu and possibly Davante Adams and of course Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall. And hopefully most of our defense. We have hope. 

Be grateful for Aaron. 

Thanks JD.

I mean jdeet.

2 hours ago, doitny said:

i didnt want him here, but im rooting for him and want to see him play 2 years or more.

but im not sure Carr or Minshew wasnt the better option. you forget the #1 pick we swapped that was that LT. and OL has been a big problem this year. we dont need great QB play, just decent and Carr or Minshew would have got that for us.

plus neither of those 2 QBs would have stopped us from drafting a QB if the season went as bad as it did here. 

again Rodgers is the better QB but still might not have been better for us.

Carr and Minshew play with a far superior offensive line. And figuring we are the Jets, they would have been injured and back where we started. Maybe putting both together would have given us a good combo to get us to .500 but neither was making the playoffs with this train wreck. Most like to believe it was all Zach Wilson. But in the end, the offensive line has been terrible for 3 years, with all of the Mike White truthers blaming the line for his injury issues too. We are on our 4th and possibly a 5th QB. That’s due to Zach, injuries and the offensive line. Not just Zach. 

Derek Carr plays in the worst division in football. Their TE/p/t QB plays better than him and is good, only because their line blocks. While we face the Dolphins, Bills and the team we can’t beat, twice every season. Between those 3 teams, we have still yet to block a defensive lineman this year.

Carr is 7-10 or 8-9 at best. Minshew likely worse. No playoffs. Be real.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Be grateful for Aaron. 

I did not want him. I thought the move was idiotic and had solid reasons for it. I hate it even more now.

4 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Carr and Minshew play with a far superior offensive line. And figuring we are the Jets, they would have been injured and back where we started. Maybe putting both together would have given us a good combo to get us to .500 but neither was making the playoffs with this train wreck. Most like to believe it was all Zach Wilson. But in the end, the offensive line has been terrible for 3 years, with all of the Mike White truthers blaming the line for his injury issues too. We are on our 4th and possibly a 5th QB. That’s due to Zach, injuries and the offensive line. Not just Zach. 

Derek Carr plays in the worst division in football. Their TE/p/t QB plays better than him and is good, only because their line blocks. While we face the Dolphins, Bills and the team we can’t beat, twice every season. Between those 3 teams, we have still yet to block a defensive lineman this year.

our OL would be better because we would have that Tackle we were supposed to get if we didnt have to swap with GB. the OL is much better with him on it.

my argument wasnt Rodgers vs Carr/Minshew. of course Rodgers is better. its everything else that went with it.

you missed the point of my whole post.

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

When exactly did Sabo heel turn from quality analyst to embarrassing 1JD shill mouthpiece for the franchise?

I used to enjoy his takes.

This is pure sycophantism.

A significant portion of Jets Twitter decided to make “Aaron Rodgers is a Jet” their entire personality last March, with predictable results

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, oatmeal said:

I’m laying my 2024 season prediction now:

This will go down as one of the most expensive and failed seasons in nfl history. 

Woody don’t want to clean house because of the $$$ invested into rodgers for only 4 snaps….

Well watch when what happens when you’re desperate lame duck GM / HC combo get their hands on that offseason checkbook and next season goes to waste 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Archive this post 

You're depressing bruh

11 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Be grateful for Aaron. 

lol, “game changers”

The goal posts keep moving. 

6 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Speculative assumptions always make the best arguments. I guess we’re to assume that if we’d  simply signed Minshew that all other off-season decisions and exchanges of collateral would have been the same, so there’s no possibility that other issues would have actually been better with the different approach at QB.