Let's talk Playoffs

Ron Rico

11 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm just waiting for Lamar Jackson to have his 100 yard game in the playoffs ...you know its coming 

<Lamar finishes second in the MVP voting.>

Announcer: Lamar could be the MVP every year with what he brings to the table. 

<Ravens go down 10 with 11:45 left in the fourth quarter against Houston in the Wild Card Round>

Announcer: Well, I guess that’s ballgame. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

<Lamar finishes second in the MVP voting.>

Announcer: Lamar could be the MVP every year with what he brings to the table. 

<Ravens go down 10 with 11:45 left in the fourth quarter against Houston in the Wild Card Round>

Announcer: Well, I guess that’s ballgame. 

I’d still take that instead of whatever the F this is T0m. It’s ok if I call you T0m right? 

18 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Fins have had the easiest SOS through 14 weeks and have the most difficult SOS for the remainder of the season. They've been getting smashed by all good teams they face so far.

good.  Hate the fish....    mostly their fans.  Tua is a good guy so it's hard to hate him, unlike a smug arrogant cheating prick like T0m Brady.  and I'm envious of their creative HC, that everyone there loves since he started.   

• Haha 1

I guess I should take the bet, a Fins fan down here is sure they will be in the Super Bowl. Some people down here feel it’s a lock and ready to put up several hundred. Three different bet’s ranging from $100 -$500. The two teams I would never put money on is the Jets and Dolphins. I think I should accept the $200 bet (wont  do 500), before this stretch of the Cowboys, Ravens and Bills. Hard Knocks has Fins fans in a we are the best team in the league fury, it’s quite disturbing. 

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Hot take -- Dolphins are more likely to lose the next three games (Cowboys, Ravens, Bills) and choke away the AFC East than they are to win the AFC.

They are the NFL’s darling right now, looks like all early playoff games. It’s pretty pathetic in South Fl, people in my office who never expressed any interest in the Dolphins now all have Dolphins gear and jumping on the SB bandwagon. 

Just now, FTL Jet Fan said:

They are the NFL’s darling right now, looks like all early playoff games. It’s pretty pathetic in South Fl, people in my office who never expressed any interest in the Dolphins now all have Dolphins gear and jumping on the SB bandwagon. 

They're 10-1 against teams that are .500 or worse. They're 0-3 against teams with winning records.

I maintain that they are a soft team and total frauds and that there is virtually zero chance they advance through the AFC. Even if they beat the Cowboys this week they will get plowed by the Ravens and Bills and will be a Wild Card team. Then they'll lose in the playoffs, likely in the first round.

• Upvote 1

I only root for the Jets, but there are franchises that historically I’ve labeled the Axis of Incompetence. Those franchises historically have included the Lions, Chargers, Browns, Bengals and the Jets. These teams tend not to win and in the years they are good tend to screw something up or find a crazy way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. So I do have a bit a soft spot for those teams and their fans.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

They're 10-1 against teams that are .500 or worse. They're 0-3 against teams with winning records.

I maintain that they are a soft team and total frauds and that there is virtually zero chance they advance through the AFC. Even if they beat the Cowboys this week they will get plowed by the Ravens and Bills and will be a Wild Card team. Then they'll lose in the playoffs, likely in the first round.

I couldn’t agree anymore, there a few Jets and Bills fans in my office who try to explain that to these fans but to them  we are just bitter because we are out. It’s like blind faith with Dolphins fans, it really is pathetic, they are calling TUA the next Marino, it’s laughable . I only know a handful of Dolphins fans who see the reality of what their team actually is. Wouldn’t surprise me if they get some help from the NFL.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Remember 20 years ago the jets made the playoffs a couple times and how much fun it was to have people over  to eat pizza and watch them lose to the raiders?  That’s like literally my most positive memory ever as a jets fan

That playoff loss in Oakland in 2002 popped the Super Bowl bubble because up until that point it looked like we had a Hall of Fame quarterback and a team ready to win it all.

And yes I a lot of pizza topped with tears that day.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I couldn’t agree anymore, there a few Jets and Bills fans in my office who try to explain that to these fans but to them  we are just bitter because we are out. It’s like blind faith with Dolphins fans, it really is pathetic, they are calling TUA the next Marino, it’s laughable . I only know a handful of Dolphins fans who see the reality of what their team actually is. Wouldn’t surprise me if they get some help from the NFL.

What’s the problem, other than you feeling left out and a little jealous of them?Imagine how nice it would be to have a season like they are, and actually feel that way about your team?

Hell, we had more than our share of blithering idiots around here this past summer predicting multiple Super Bowls with Aaron Rodgers. Unfortunately as is often the case, the preseason was the high point of our season.

45 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

We can revisit this next year and in the future when Lamar Botches another playoff run. All I have to say is the Ravens better not fall behind :)

How many playoff runs has our savior Aaron Rodgers botched in his career?

I laugh when you guys go into your Lamar and Josh “can’t win in the playoffs” spiels. Lamar is a one man offense… without him, the Ravens O would look like the Jets. Allen is the shoulders the Bills ride on. There’s nothing else about that team that’s impressive.

18 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

As of today — feels like the 9ers to lose. They’ve blown the Cowboys and Eagles off the field, will likely be the 1 seed and while the AFC is deep the top contenders feel underwhelming. They’re the team to beat and barring injury I think they pull it off.

Dolphins are frauds, and I don’t believe in Jags. AFC will be Ravens, Chiefs, or Bills.

Ravens and 49ers are the most complete teams for sure in the league and we'll get to see them matchup on Christmas.

I feel like that is the most likely Super Bowl matchup, but with Mahomes I feel like the Chiefs can squeak their way through any game potentially and could be the only team in the AFC that can beat Baltimore.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

What’s the problem, other than you feeling left out and a little jealous of them?Imagine how nice it would be to have a season like they are, and actually feel that way about your team?

Hell, we had more than our share of blithering idiots around here this past summer predicting multiple Super Bowls with Aaron Rodgers. Unfortunately as is often the case, the preseason was the high point of our season.

It’s not that, I have been down here for 30 years have family and close friends that are Dolphins fans who have suffered as much as we have. It’s the bandwagon fans and the I hate everything about NY Dolphins fans. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Ravens and 49ers are the most complete teams for sure in the league and we'll get to see them matchup on Christmas.

I feel like that is the most likely Super Bowl matchup, but with Mahomes I feel like the Chiefs can squeak their way through any game potentially and could be the only team in the AFC that can beat Baltimore.

I think Bills are getting their acts together at the right time. "At their best" (a huge caveat) I think they're as good as just about anyone.

But the Chiefs will be a tough out of course. What seed they land is key, two home playoff games and easy first round opponent is big for them if they can get the 2 seed.

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

How many playoff runs has our savior Aaron Rodgers botched in his career?

I laugh when you guys go into your Lamar and Josh “can’t win in the playoffs” spiels.

Winning early in your career totally changes the narrative. Rodgers won a Super Bowl in his third year as a starter so nobody ever questioned him -- but if he loses the 2010 NFC Title game against the Bears his legacy is "the guy who always lost in the conference title game."

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I think Bills are getting their acts together at the right time. "At their best" (a huge caveat) I think they're as good as just about anyone.

But the Chiefs will be a tough out of course. What seed they land is key, two home playoff games and easy first round opponent is big for them if they can get the 2 seed.

Yeah the Bill shouldn't be slept on but they really should have lost that KC game and got lucky. I think Baltimore will have their way with Buffalo if they meet in the playoffs.

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Yeah the Bill shouldn't be slept on but they really should have lost that KC game and got lucky. I think Baltimore will have their way with Buffalo if they meet in the playoffs.

I mean, the Bills have had more than their share of "bad luck" both this year and in the past. I don't think having a fluky busted play called back indicates you weren't the better team. 

• Upvote 2