Who are you rooting for Jets or Pats?

doitny

Jets vs Pats  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Jets vs Pats

• rooting for a Jet win
    • rooting for a Jet loss

after seeing this board blow up yesterday over a win i am curious what your rooting for in this game.

do you want to beat Bill that POS and end the losing streak. to make him lose his last game in NE.

or

is draft position too important that you want to lose and watch Bill get the last laugh on us.

it will be our last chance to beat him as a Pat and maybe ever.

this is a hard question for sure but i vote to beat him and end the streak. 

this is my first poll i hope i did this right ;lol

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, doitny said:

after seeing this board blow up yesterday over a win i am curious what your rooting for in this game.

do you want to beat Bill that POS and end the losing streak. to make him lose his last game in NE.

or

is draft position too important that you want to lose and watch Bill get the last laugh on us.

Change the title: Who are you rooting for Jets or Pats? 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I think the tank crowd are a bunch of spineless losers but this game separates the crowd. Anyone rooting for the patriots is just a fair weather poser. 

Any real Jet fan rooting for the patriots to beat the Jets can hand in their fan card. 

First off, nobody that is a true fan loves the tank.... Smart ones however understand the value of a certain draft position once the season is completely done in for. It allows for a trade down if necessary to gain more picks, or in this case the LT that will actually help us improve the OL. That is all it is, nothing more nothing less. Believe me when I say it pains most of us to sometimes have to do that, because I love rooting for our team.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Brady kicked our ass for twenty years. A win against BB doesn't change that. That ship has sailed.

Them not getting a top QB will hurt a heck of a lot more.

true.

as it is now Chicago has the 1st pick. they could very well pick a QB. Arizona at 2 will definetly pick one and Wash just benched Howell 2 weeks in a row. it very well possible NE will pick the 4th best QB in the draft. im not too worried about that.

but things could change next week.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I think the tank crowd are a bunch of spineless losers but this game separates the crowd. Anyone rooting for the patriots is just a fair weather poser. 

Any real Jet fan rooting for the patriots to beat the Jets can hand in their fan card. 

You know what really bothers me?  It's all those "fair weather" Jet fans.

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The tank crowd are among the biggest diehards  in the fanbase

• Post of the Week 2

19 minutes ago, doitny said:

true.

as it is now Chicago has the 1st pick. they could very well pick a QB. Arizona at 2 will definetly pick one and Wash just benched Howell 2 weeks in a row. it very well possible NE will pick the 4th best QB in the draft. im not too worried about that.

but things could change next week.

There's probably a good chance that one of the 1st 3 picks isn't a QB, which would leave Jayden Daniels (or maybe Drake Maye) available to be drafted by the Pats.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Hypothetical:

Let's say we had the magical power to see into the future for this one event.  If the Pats lose to us, they end up with another Tom Brady (who torments us for the next 20 years).  If they beat us, they end up with a solid player but someone who doesn't move the needle very much.

In such a case, would you still root for the Jets to beat the Pats?

• More Ugh 1

23 minutes ago, fullblast said:

The tank crowd are among the biggest diehards  in the fanbase

No they are the morons spilling beer on me during week 4 and talking about tanking because they don’t like the jets not being 4-0….they leave at halftime of games and sell their tickets to anyone who will buy em in October. They are the worst 

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Hypothetical:

Let's say we had the magical power to see into the future for this one event.  If the Pats lose to us, they end up with another Tom Brady (who torments us for the next 20 years).  If they beat us, they end up with a solid player but someone who doesn't move the needle very much.

In such a case, would you still root for the Jets to beat the Pats?

I don’t know do unicorns exist? Again get out of fantasy world and hypotheticals made by content creators on you tube hungry for clicks and join the real world. We have no idea if picks will be good. We do know winning matters in this league. So to answer your unicorn magic land question that is not based in reality….no I would never, ever root for the Jets to lose to the Pats. Ever. 

Just now, kevinc855 said:

I don’t know do unicorns exist? Again get out of fantasy world and hypotheticals made my content creators on you tube and join the real world. We have no idea if picks will be good. We do know winning matters in this league. So to answer your unicorn magic land question that is not based in reality….no I would never, ever root for the Jets to lose to the Pats. Ever. 

You're certainly right that my question is not based in reality but your response is what "separates the crowd".  You'd knowingly give the Pats another 20 years of TB12-like play just to win a meaningless week 18 game against them.

I get the tank thing. Believe me i do…….

But this is the patriots we are talking about. They need to be beaten finally and nothing else matters. Rooting for belli to beat your jets is like stealing money from your own elderly mom in a nursing home. Its just wrong. It doesnt matter how badly you need the dough or how honorable the purchase would be it is just super wrong. Shame on you!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jets1958 said:

Are you serious? No Jets fan ever roots for the patsies, ever.

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

No self respecting Jets fan can root for the Patriots.

Sure we could.  In 2002 did you root for the Pats to win the final week of the season, in order to help the Jets make the playoffs?

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

or

I want the Jets to win.
Frankly, I have no respect at all for those on this board complaining about a win
I played in an A league fast pitch softball league in my early 20s where we went 0-27 one year. There is no way you can motivate players asking them to lose and have any credibility when you decide it’s important to win
Two years after going 0-27 we won the league.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I get the tank thing. Believe me i do…….

But this is the patriots we are talking about. They need to be beaten finally and nothing else matters. Rooting for belli to beat your jets is like stealing money from your own elderly mom in a nursing home. It’s just wrong. It doesnt matter how badly you need the dough or how honorable the purchase would be it is just super wrong. Shame on you!

Yep I’m unfollowing any content creator or person on twitter who advocates for this. It’s mutiny. It’s treason. 

It’s unforgivable 

1 minute ago, GKnight83 said:

I want the Jets to win.
Frankly, I have no respect at all for those on this board complaining about a win
I played in an A league fast pitch softball league in my early 20s where we went 0-27 one year. There is no way you can motivate players asking them to lose and have any credibility when you decide it’s important to win

Tell us more!!!  Tell us more!!!

/s

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

No they are the morons spilling beer on me during week 4 and talking about tanking because they don’t like the jets not being 4-0….they leave at halftime of games and sell their tickets to anyone who will buy em in October. They are the worst 

One could argue that financially supporting Woody (who makes a fortune despite losing) is part of what is holding this team back.  

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

One could argue that financially supporting Woody (who makes a fortune despite losing) is part of what is holding this team back.  

Woody makes his money from tv rights. Tickets are a drop in the bucket. Cmon now guys. You are better than this and know this already. Stop reaching. 

6 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I want the Jets to win.

No.  Player.  Tries.  To.  Lose.

Why does it keep needing explanation to more than tanks are always front office driven?  Like wtf is going on here.  

• Upvote 1