Jets add Zack Kuntz to Roster With Ruckert out; Brown to IR

JetNation

Kuntz.jpg

With second-year tight end Jeremy Ruckert currently in concussion protocol, the Jets have added rookie tight end Zack Kuntz to their roster ahead of Thursday night’s meeting against the Cleveland Browns.

We've placed T Duane Brown on IR and signed TE Zack Kuntz to the active roster.

Additionally, we've signed K Austin Seibert to the practice squad.

— New York Jets (@nyjets) December 27, 2023

Kuntz may see some action in an essentially meaningless game but don’t expect too much as Trevor Siemien should expect to be under heavy duress from the outset.

The Jets also place veteran offensive tackle Duane Brown on injured reserve which will end his season and two-year stint in Green and White.

Kicker Austin Seibert was also added to the roster with Greg Zuerlein listed as questionable on the injury report.

The post Jets add Zack Kuntz to Roster With Ruckert out; Brown to IR appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

Kuntz is the literal definition of workout warrior let's see if he can actually play 

Never really heard "workout warrior" applied to a seventh round pick.  

That's what the seventh round is for.  Dudes with high upside and/or freakish ability who haven't had the chance to show what they can do against elite talent because they went somewhere like Old Dominion.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Never really heard "workout warrior" applied to a seventh round pick.  

That's what the seventh round is for.  Dudes with high upside and/or freakish ability who haven't had the chance to show what they can do against elite talent because they went somewhere like Old Dominion.

I did not mean it as an insult 

There's this guy on reddit who counts how many social media posts a prospect shows themselves working out vs other posts about money or girls or whatever

it's called the treadwell Diggs hypothesis 

Kuntz scored the highest out of all last years tight ends he's an absolute gym rat 

https://www.reddit.com/r/DynastyFF/s/fYE199QJaE

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

There's this guy on reddit who counts how many social media posts a prospect shows themselves working out vs other posts about money or girls or whatever

Kuntz scored the highest out of all last years tight ends he's an absolute gym rat 

So it's bascially like the Vantasner Danger Meridian?

The Vantasner Danger Meridian - Vantasner Danger Meridian - Posters and Art  Prints | TeePublic

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

I actually liked what they did with Ruckart during the Washington game using him in the fullback role and letting him catch out of the backfield with Yebowa.  Let's see if Kuntz can be effective in a similar fashion.

This is not the way you want to use Kuntz IMO. Ruck is a very effective blocker, which is why this made sense. Kuntz, not so much. I would love to move Kuntz around, put him in the slot or even as a split end receiver. Throw him a screen. Use him in the red zone on a corner route (if we can get there). Thats how I want to see him used. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He has good numbers, but he kinda runs like Young Frankenstein.

• Haha 1