Caleb Williams backup just tossed TD #6 tonight

Jet_Engine1

7 minutes ago, PepPep said:

So you're the guy who passes on Mahomes and Kelce because you want to draft a QB from school 'X' and a TE from school 'Y'? Just saying. 

there's actually a thread in the draft forum where I'm asking for Mahomes 2 days before they draft Jamal Adams

to clarify I'm not going to discount a player who comes from a school that hasn't had anyone good. I'm not removing Josh Allen because he has Wyoming pedigree 

but yes to a certain extent there are some prospects that are suspect and USC QB is in that category. Lincoln Riley QB's is a category too.  

let's be real we all do this to some extent, Marvin Harrison JR and Joe alt get pushed up because of their fathers 

I probably should have said a notre Dame TE rather than Miami, that comp is a little dated 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Discuss amongst yourselves. 

Caleb is fools gold.  He is on my "do-not-draft until" third round list.  

I CANT WAIT to see which team/GM/HC is fool enough to blow a top five draft pick for him.

Also... I don't believe in any of the top QB prospects for the 2024 draft.  I think the prospect that will have the most productive career may be J.J. McCarthy so long as he goes to a team with good coaching.

And while I'm at it...

Most talented/skilled player in the draft.  M. Harrison Jr.

Most valuable player in the draft.  Joe Alt

Best over all value outside the top five on most big boards:  Brock Bowers.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Eddie Murphy Steve Martin Movie GIFs | Tenor

He's definitely from the Get Off My Ego QB school.  Don't like his vibe at all.  I Like Nix, Daniels, Penix, Maye. I think all will be very good QB's in the NFL.  I'll throw Hartman in there as a dark horse. He's got swagger and skills to go along with it.  Would love to see the Jets grab him in round 4/5.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Most valuable player in the draft.  Joe Alt

Alt is a safe prospect, he's low risk but that doesn't make him the most valuable 

He's like a rich man's Mike McGlinchey you don't write home about how amazing he is but he starts every week and does his job more or less and that's valuable. Olu too is like this a poor man's brick - both of these guys should be easy 10 year starters 

but im not sure either is really "Great" like Pro Bowl or All Pro 

a player like Fuaga or Latham might be more impactful in the running game but there's also more of a chance of injuries because of how they stack up physically. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

a player like Fuaga or Latham might be more impactful in the running game but there's also more of a chance of injuries because of how they stack up physically. 

Could be, yes.  From where JD is sitting, he needs to go with the safer picks considering how he whiffs when he reaches for what he describes as "freaks".  That would include Becton. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

there's actually a thread in the draft forum where I'm asking for Mahomes 2 days before they draft Jamal Adams

to clarify I'm not going to discount a player who comes from a school that hasn't had anyone good. I'm not removing Josh Allen because he has Wyoming pedigree 

but yes to a certain extent there are some prospects that are suspect and USC QB is in that category. Lincoln Riley QB's is a category too.  

let's be real we all do this to some extent, Marvin Harrison JR and Joe alt get pushed up because of their fathers 

I probably should have said a notre Dame TE rather than Miami, that comp is a little dated 

I dunno man Harrison is a legit freak. If anything it seems like his dad works against him because sans character (as obv I have no idea about that and who knows with guys from Columbus) he checks out for top 3 from every single angle I can imagine.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Could be, yes.  From where JD is sitting, he needs to go with the safer picks considering how he whiffs when he reaches for what he describes as "freaks".  That would include Becton. 

i mean don't get your hopes up the Jets pick 9th Alt and Olu are basically top 5 picks at this point 

Caleb, Drake, MHJ, Alt, Olu are the blue chips before workouts. Alt isn't gonna drop to 9 

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I think the fact that he sticks to skill positions in the first is playing it safe (crazy to think that it's been forever since the Jets have had a GM that just did that), he's just awfully mediocre at scouting them. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

I dunno man Harrison is a legit freak. If anything it seems like his dad works against him because sans character (as obv I have no idea about that and who knows with guys from Columbus) he checks out for top 3 from every single angle I can imagine.

harrison is the best player in the draft (by far) and should go number 1 except for the value of the QB position 

he's gonna run a legit 4.3, he's 6'4" - put 20 pounds on him he's Calvin Johnson 

For the record Drake is my QB1 and Caleb is giving off serious bust vibes but both could go higher than MHJ just because of politics and teams making dumb decisions (can't discount that) 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

harrison is the best player in the draft (by far) and should go number 1 except for the value of the QB position 

he's gonna run a legit 4.3, he's 6'4" - put 20 pounds on him he's Calvin Johnson 

For the record Drake is my QB1 and Caleb is giving off serious bust vibes but both could go higher than MHJ just because of politics and teams making dumb decisions (can't discount that) 

Both QBs are fine. Games started and comp % both check out. I'm sure if the Jets trade up for either it will turn out horribly.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Claymation said:

Huh, he didn’t play last night, Moss did.

Huh, he didn’t play last night, Moss did.

Does this forum actually watch the games before commenting?

Did you read the post, dumbass? LOL. JFC

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i mean don't get your hopes up the Jets pick 9th Alt and Olu are basically top 5 picks at this point 

Caleb, Drake, MHJ, Alt, Olu are the blue chips before workouts. Alt isn't gonna drop to 9 

I agree.  Jets may very well miss out on Alt, Fashanu and Brock Bowers too. 

Fukn' Jets lose when you want them to win and only win when you need a loss. 

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

best case would be for all the teams ahead of us to be stupid and take position value over the player. MHJ might be the only jets-proof player in the draft. 

23 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Harrison is gone by pick 5. He's a generational freak WR with the impact of a Calvin Johnson.

5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I agree.  Jets may very well miss out on Alt, Fashanu and Brock Bowers too. 

Fukn' Jets lose when you want them to win and only win when you need a loss. 

I used to root for draft position but if you look around the league these playoff teams don't need to pick top 5 to make good picks 

example the Jets pick 2 overall they take Zach - they could have picked 10th and taken Micah Parsons

or when a good team makes a mistake high like SFO and trey lance they recognise it and move on

they just need to make better decisions - it doesn't matter what slot you draft in, it matters that you take good players 

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Caleb Williams is overrated.

There will be at least 1 very good QB to emerge from this draft, but I doubt it’s him.

Drake Maye as a Justin Herbert type. 

caleb is a Kyler type and that has mixed success

im probably too hard on Caleb but after watching Zach play hero ball for 3 years i just want a QB to execute basic plays and play in the system

this "off schedule-off platform" is nice but if that's your plan A there's a problem 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I used to root for draft position but if you look around the league these playoff teams don't need to pick top 5 to make good picks 

example the Jets pick 2 overall they take Zach - they could have picked 10th and taken Micah Parsons

or when a good team makes a mistake high like SFO and trey lance they recognise it and move on

they just need to make better decisions - it doesn't matter what slot you draft in, it matters that you take good players 

Sometimes, yes.  But usually, you don't find prospects like Alt, MHJ and Bowers in the later rounds.  And almost all the QB's that work out are first rounders.  

5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Sometimes, yes.  But usually, you don't find prospects like Alt, MHJ and Bowers in the later rounds.  And almost all the QB's that work out are first rounders.  

yes but even that isn't true as much 

look at the MVP race it's Lamar a 1.32, Jalen a mid second (right around the area the Jets took Mims) and Brock Purdy literally Mr irrelevant 

it's not about just getting the best prospects it's about building a program around a system and finding players to fit that system

what is the Jets offensive system anyway? Let aaron call the plays at the line? It's no system at all 

the Jets could have just stuck with Mike White and the MiLF SFO system and probably had a better year than this whole Rodgers/Zach experiment 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's not about just getting the best prospects it's about building a program around a system and finding players to fit that system

Don't agree.  System coaches like Gase dont work out.  Form follows function.  It is about understanding your best players strengths and weaknesses and then designing systems and methods that work best for them.  

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Alt is a safe prospect, he's low risk but that doesn't make him the most valuable 

He's like a rich man's Mike McGlinchey you don't write home about how amazing he is but he starts every week and does his job more or less and that's valuable. Olu too is like this a poor man's brick - both of these guys should be easy 10 year starters 

Any real tall linemen, with questionable motivation, really high arches and a propensity to eat himself onto IR?