** Washington vs. Michigan - Official NCAA National Championship Thread **

1 minute ago, RobR said:

He has six years of tape. JN is famous for posters overreacting to a few quarters of play against the best defense in CFB. 

Penix was getting some top ten buzz before tonight, particularly if he could finish the job against Michigan. The six years of tape, old injury prone tag will follow him all draft season plus the stench of this lousy performance. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don't think Odunze has done himself any favors... yes, the refs have been letting the DBs play, but he's not won enough... He's been R. Kelly'ing for his life out there.

Dude he has been getting open all night long.  He screwed up on the one long play when he put his hand up but he has been very good.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

Dude he has been getting open all night long.  He screwed up on the one long play when he put his hand up but he has been very good.

open? he's had a DB in his backpocket the whole time. 

I feel like i'm talking the Jameson Williams crowd all over again this year with him... Yes, he's very good at running a 9 on the outside all day, but he needs to be more than that to warrant a top 10 pick. I'm sure of this. Like completely. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Penix was getting some top ten buzz before tonight, particularly if he could finish the job against Michigan. The six years of tape, old injury prone tag will follow him all draft season plus the stench of this lousy performance. 

So after one game he goes from top 10 buzz to 3rd rounder.

The only thing that will hold him back in the draft process will be his injury history and his age. He has unique traits that can't be taught, even though he had a bad game.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RobR said:

I want Odunze at 10. Fix the Oline in free agency and use every other draft pick on the Oline.

I agree and I think JD might be thinking something similar based on his playmakers comments today.  You can piece together a solid OL via FA and mid round picks. 

You can’t load up with legit outside weapons that way.

Just now, Paradis said:

I feel like i'm talking the Jameson Williams crowd all over again this year with him... Yes, he's very good at running a 9 on the outside all day, but he needs to be more than that to warrant a top 10 pick. I'm sure of this. Like completely. 

No, just no.  He has been open a lot, the ball is not getting there.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

So after one game he goes from top 10 buzz to 3rd rounder.

The only thing that will hold him back in the draft process will be his injury history and his age. He has unique traits that can't be taught, even though he had a bad game.

Not necessarily third rounder, I still think he’ll go round one. But there’s no denying his stock took a decent hit with this performance. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Wonder what you think about Bowers at 10

• More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think the Jets ultimately land Davante Adams, Bakhtiari, and use #10 (if they still have it) on another T.

In related news, Davante seems to enjoy the fact 17 just became available:

IMG_5424.thumb.png.102e3468660f53c702a84615cce9fab0.png

Forget the fact Bakhtiari can’t stay healthy for 5 minutes….How are we going to afford both of them cap wise? Not to mention the draft capital it would cost to get DeVante?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You lost me at Odunze at 10. He;s not dynamic enough. 

You'll eat these words. He's a natural with size and speed and will destroy the combine with the production to back it up.

He was born to be a WR. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

How are we going to afford both of them cap wise? Not to mention the draft capital it would cost to get DeVante?

We are not getting Adams, it will be talked about all off season but there is no reason at all for the raiders to give him to us on the cheap.

They have played great under Antonio pierce. 

I have not heard one legit story as to why Adams would want out.

Just now, RobR said:

You'll eat these words. He's a natural with size and speed and will destroy the combine with the production to back it up.

He was born to be a WR. 

i'm so here for it. I'm exhausted of being right with these WRs. Jameson for days they said 2 years ago. JSN to the moon they said

He's a round 2 talent. 

• Upvote 1