You’re the GM - Cut 2 Players

4 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

The CBA only allows a team to designate two players for a post June 1 cut. This usually offers the biggest savings.

Cimini speculated high profile names being cut for cap flexibility.

With that who are you cutting and why? Replacements, go!

image001.png.e03822b0b54086fa8ae4d628566117c2.png

Numbers from overthecap.

I want to say top two mosley and tomlinson, but then i see CJ sitting there, damn we need to cut him yesterday, 

How about we cut all 4 or ask them to all restructure. 

Mosley has always more than he was worth but its actually not that bad of a deal reletive to our overall roster construction and his current level of play and his role on the team. You can overpay alot of places and this is one where you probably shouldnt but I can live with it. Not sure I can live wiht Tomlinson or CJ again.

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

tomlinson & uzomah for me. I'm not the biggest Mosely fan but at least he's useful and a respected leader. I'm taking at least one G/C in the draft. Uzomah doesn't need to be replaced he should have been demoted before the injury but our CS is clueless with offensive personnel decisions.

they say the best ability is availability but it can't be your only ability - looking at you tomlinson.

Agree,,,both ahve to go

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

To each their own.  Tomlinson would start for more teams than just the Jets.  Maybe not a lot, but he’s a fringe starter.  Most teams have a performer like Tomlinson on their OL.

You can be a good offensive line with Tomlinson, but he’s gotta be your 5th best.

I won't go nuts if they cut him, but if they do that leaves 3 empty spots on the starting OL depth chart to fill this off-season.  That’s presuming they are penciling in Tippmann, which I think they will.

Adding 3 starting caliber players in one offseason is a lot easier said than done.

While you make some good points, my comeback to you is that you would be saving $13M next year by releasing Tomlinson.  

My question to you:  Do you think the Jets can get a better replacement for Tomlinson by paying another player $13M per year?

If you can't, then you keep Tomlinson.  My guess is that you can find a better guard than Tomlinson for that money.  And Tomlinson will be turning 32 years old before the season, FYI.  Not old, but not young either.

The guy I'd most like to cut overall is Lazard.  

Actually in one day, in the middle of the pat macafee show they should cut lazard, cobb, turner, cut boyle again even though we already cut him, cut cook even though we already cut him and fire Hackett.

23 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

The CBA only allows a team to designate two players for a post June 1 cut. This usually offers the biggest savings.

Numbers from overthecap.

My guess is the Jets will do 2024 with all but 1 of those players.

Uzomah

21 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

To each their own.  Tomlinson would start for more teams than just the Jets.  Maybe not a lot, but he’s a fringe starter.  Most teams have a performer like Tomlinson on their OL.

You can be a good offensive line with Tomlinson, but he’s gotta be your 5th best.

I won't go nuts if they cut him, but if they do that leaves 3 empty spots on the starting OL depth chart to fill this off-season.  That’s presuming they are penciling in Tippmann, which I think they will.

Adding 3 starting caliber players in one offseason is a lot easier said than done.

Issue with Tomlinson is not only performance, which was poor, but cost.  Finding a replacement for Tomlinson's level of play at half the cost is very doable.  

• Upvote 3

1-cut cj if it means you can extend quincy, sign huff and you have mcd4 (and jfm)

2- cut laken you can find fresh OL cannon fodder in day 3

3- keep jfm for trade value as pointed out in prev posts

4-keep ozumah more useless than Laken but less costly since we are limited to two. in real world hes gone asap

On 1/12/2024 at 11:29 AM, NYJCAP2 said:

Numbers from overthecap.

The first cut is a no-brainer.  I would cut money if there was no savings.  He and Becton were the most effect offense killer in the game.  Then I would offer Moseley and JFM pay cuts.   My second cut would be the one who says no.

I would cut Uzomah before 6/1.