~~~Saturday NFL Playoff Football Games~~~ 01/13

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Equally excited for Cowboys-Packers because it would concretize my Mike McCarthy Sucks takes, and Bills-Steelers, which could be an all-time classic wherein >10 people from The Rust Belt lose body parts as a direct result of the climate change that their ore-mining forebears helped bring about

You would be the person mocking others for questioning the geocentric model, had you lived in those times.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Rooting for Flacco in game 1.

I can't root for the Browns.  Besides, CJ Stroud my be the first QB that I have liked and been right about coming out of college in the last decade.  Would like to see him and the Texans win.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I can't root for the Browns.  Besides, CJ Stroud my be the first QB that I have liked and been right about coming out of college in the last decade.  Would like to see him and the Texans win.

Stroud is really pushing his way up to the upper echelon of QBs.  I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls it out.  Pretty sure Cleveland isn't "all that" anyway.

The Jets gave the blue print on how to beat Stroud, the Browns D is better.  

Stroud actually has terrible numbers vs man on man coverage.

Flacco will be bad but in a mistake fest the Browns take this one, Stroud might get knocked out of the game.

Isn't it funny how many warm places have covered stadiums and the cold weather places are all out doors....well guess not all.  Minny was smart.

Which NFL Teams Have Domed/Indoor Stadiums?

There are 10 stadiums in the NFL that have domes or a roof of some kind. The rest are played outdoors. Of the following 10 stadiums, five have domes that are retractable.

• State Farm Stadium | Arizona Cardinals
    – Retractable
  • Mercedes-Benz Stadium | Atlanta Falcons
    – Retractable
  • AT&T Stadium | Dallas Cowboys
    – Retractable
  • Ford Field | Detroit Lions
  • NRG Stadium | Houston Texans
    – Retractable
  • Lucas Oil Stadium | Indianapolis Colts
    – Retractable
  • Allegiant Stadium | Las Vegas Raiders
  • SoFi Stadium | Los Angeles Chargers, Los Angeles Rams
  • U.S. Bank Stadium | Minnesota Vikings
  • Caesars Superdome | New Orleans Saints

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Wonder if the Chiefs game isn’t far behind. That’s supposed to be superbad out there

Arrowhead could be getting nuked and the nfl wouldn’t move Taylor out of prime time. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, prime21 said:

NFL is getting soft. It’s Buffalo in January! You have to play that game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Travel ban expected.  Has to do with getting to and from the venue. Travel ban = too difficult for tens of thousands to drive to game.  Of course, I expect this forum to turn it into a political issue.  In fact, I see one of the usual suspects already has.  So predictable.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Travel ban expected.  Has to do with getting to and from the venue. Travel ban = too difficult for tens of thousands to drive to game.  Of course, I expect this forum to turn it into a political issue.  In fact, I see one of the usual suspects already has.  So predictable.

I mean I went to college in upstate New York. Snow plowing is what they do well. Classes never cancelled ever. It’s an absurd move. Indefensible. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

Lol, just pictured all those drunken fans digging out the 5 inches of snow on their cars that is predicted to come down from the time they parked to after the game. Come on Kathy, don't spoil the fun.... 

sounds like the nfl wanted the game to be played but Hochul declared the SOE to move it.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean I went to college in upstate New York. Snow plowing is what they do well. Classes never cancelled ever. It’s an absurd move. Indefensible. 

I can vouch for this. I lived in Syracuse and commuted to Cortland (half hour south). Mother****ers never cancelled classes. Snow removal is their #1 industry up that way. Also lived in Rochester, where the lake effect is worse, and they’d shut 90 down every so often, but it didn’t really matter to the locals. That said, there’s zero chance Hochul made this call. This was the league trying to keep Steelers fans from getting themselves killed driving through the Great Lakes region. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Kind of a punk move for a city that acts like they’re the only place that gets a lot of snow in the winter

Yeah... I mean what's a couple of deaths, a few wrecks, I mean, it's all for the American dream of playoff football. :)

I HATE Hochul but this is probably a smart move.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I can vouch for this. I lived in Syracuse and commuted to Cortland (half hour south). Mother****ers never cancelled classes. Snow removal is their #1 industry up that way. Also lived in Rochester, where the lake effect is worse, and they’d shut 95 down every so often, but it didn’t really matter to the locals. That said, there’s zero chance Hochul made this call. This was the league trying to keep Steelers fans from getting themselves killed driving through the Great Lakes region. 

I was a music major at SUNY Fredonia and the 1st thing I noticed is how friggin efficient they were with snow removal. They plowed as it came down.  On LI, those fukkers drank coffee in 7-11 parking lot and shot the shlt until the snow stopped.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I was a music major at SUNY Fredonia and the 1st thing I noticed is how friggin efficient they were with snow removal. They plowed as it came down.  On LI, those fukkers drank coffee in 7-11 parking lot and shot the shlt until the snow stopped.

Two things that you can never really explain to people who’ve never lived up that way: 1. What, exactly, experiencing Lake Effect Snow is like and 2. The ability of the municipalities in those areas to remove two feet of snow inside of an hour versus the ready willingness of municipalities in the tri-state to shut everything down for two days when we get 6” of dry powder. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Friend of mine lives 20 miles east of Rochester.  It's way more common in this decade to get travel bans than it was 50 years ago.  You're behind the times a bit.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

You a Rick Beato guy?

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I can vouch for this. I lived in Syracuse and commuted to Cortland (half hour south). Mother****ers never cancelled classes. Snow removal is their #1 industry up that way. Also lived in Rochester, where the lake effect is worse, and they’d shut 90 down every so often, but it didn’t really matter to the locals. That said, there’s zero chance Hochul made this call. This was the league trying to keep Steelers fans from getting themselves killed driving through the Great Lakes region. 

LOL.  Cancelling college classes is not analogous to an NFL playoff game.   The two are nothing alike.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  Cancelling college classes is not analogous to an NFL playoff game.   The two are nothing alike.  

Obviously, because the far majority of paying customers on college campuses live on college campuses whereas football fans are rarely sober and have to drive to a game where all of those cars end up convening at and tying up every roadway within a three mile radius of the stadium. It sucks to pull it off on a day that’s 70 and sunny. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You a Rick Beato guy?

He's awesome!!!!!  He covers all genres of music. I am a BIG jazz buff and his coverage of Joe Pass Virtuoso, Oscar Peterson, Jaco Pastorius is fantastic.   

Then he jumps to Gordon Lightfoot and the stuff he analyzes, how deeply he does it is just wow.

He went to Ithaca college.

• Upvote 1

Pumped for Chiefs-Dolphins because I want to see the Dolphins get yakked in the cold and respond by doing exceedingly desperate things this offseason to fix that team. It’s be ******* amazing if Stephen Ross loses his sh*t, fires McDaniel, and brings in Jim Harbaugh who then drafts JJ McCarthy in the first round. 

Equally excited for Cowboys-Packers because it would concretize my Mike McCarthy Sucks takes, and Bills-Steelers, which could be an all-time classic wherein >10 people from The Rust Belt lose body parts as a direct result of the climate change that their ore-mining forebears helped bring about. 

That would be latest Christmas gift ever as the Jets quickly move to replace Salad with McDaniel.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 3