Going to keep it light and easy:

- Seared Scallops and Baby Spinach with Spiced Pomegranate Glaze

- Double Smoked Salmon with Horseradish Cream

- Roast Duck with Blackberry-Orange Sauce

- Baked Eggplant Parmesan

- Glazed Carrot with Mint and Maldon

- Truffled Thick-Cut Fries with Parmesan

- Dessert: Mango Mouse Cake

Nah. Just kidding. My family unit is going over to watch the game at a friends house. We made chocolate waffles this morning. The kitchen is closed for the day.

Chocolate waffles are so good.   I always have trouble getting the chocolate chips out of the waffle maker.

2 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

A well done mesquite smoked brisket is where it's at. I spent thirty-five years in Texas so I get that oak is the "right" wood. It's hard to keep the mesquite fire cool enough for brisket but a full water pan and a brisket on the fattier side makes it work. 

I actually prefer mesquite or pecan to oak

Going for the basics this year... Cheeseburger Sliders, Wings in the Air Fryer, Fresh Kielbasa on rolls, Nachos, chips and Onion Dip... pretty standard really.

No drinks, been back in the gym and abstaining from alcohol, but that'll probably end Thursday, an old family friend passed a couple of days ago and his wake is Thursday, funeral on Saturday...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I've never head of shrimp omelllete, how do you make them?  They look good.

In a bowl, mix wheat flour with chickpea flower, add finely chopped parsley, chives, and fresh small shrimp.

Add a glass of cold water and stir with a wisk. Once we have a light dough we let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

We then add a litle bit more of cold water and beat again. 

Add extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan and wait for it to heat up. We then go adding small portions of the dough and wait for it to set in the pan. 

Turn them over until they are brownish in both sides.

• Upvote 2

So the Indian takeout was very good. Saag paneer, veg samosas etc. We got it in Hicksville and if you know LI a lot of good Indian restaurants there a big Indian community. Also Indian supermarkets some big ones if you want to cook Indian. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/10358154/super-bowl-nachos-allegiant-stadium-food-nfl/

CASHING IN CHIPS Super Bowl fans stunned by nachos costing staggering $60 as price of food inside Allegiant Stadium is revealed

image.thumb.png.7f6eda7d07cbf4340bf1cdc58caceda5.png

NFL fans had to pay nearly $60 for a bowl of nachos at Allegiant Stadium during Super Bowl LVIII

The nachos were served with pieces of lobster and fillet mignon

Unreal price for what looks like the top of my kitchen garbage pail after cleaning out the fridge! Probably tastes awesome though LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1