~~~ Unofficial Super Bowl Thread KC vs SF ~~~

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

That was a terrible grounding call.  A guy was right here.

I mean, it was intentional grounding. Mahomes was trying to get rid of the ball to avoid a sack, and it didn't make it to the LOS. It's pretty obvious he wasn't aiming for the guy right there.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol what?  He has to get it back to the LOS.  I hate that bullsh*t toss to anywhere to avoid a sack anyways.  F**k pro-QB rules.  

Incorrect, you do NOT have to get it back to the line if a player is right there.  If that was the case then every incomplete screen pass of all time is grounding.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Hex said:

I mean, it was intentional grounding. Mahomes was trying to get rid of the ball to avoid a sack, and it didn't make it to the LOS. It's pretty obvious he wasn't aiming for the guy right there.

los means nothing if a player is in the area.  You do not even have to be outside the tackle box if a player is there

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Greenlaw with too many PED's

These guys need to work out less and stop juicing so much. Every tendon and ligament in their bodies is stressed to the max. The human body can’t keep up with the unnatural regimens. 

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This is hard for folks like us to admit but if people are honest, NFL football is often very boring.  

Depends what you like.

I tend to think the 38 to 41 games are boring.

Defense kicks ass imo.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Incorrect, you do NOT have to get it back to the line if a player is right there.  If that was the case then every incomplete screen pass of all time is grounding.

SF gave us Saleh, how are you pulling for them.  Also they got a comp pick for that snake oil salesman 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bruh.  That wasn’t a screen pass.  It wasn’t a pass at all.  It was a desperation throwaway and the refs correctly diagnosed that.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mike135 said:

Depends what you like.

I tend to think the 38 to 41 games are boring.

Defense kicks ass imo.

Defense is fine. I watch this type of football every Saturday for the past 25 years.

This is riddled with penalties, weak turnovers, bad offense.  Big difference between good defensive football games and what’s happening here so far.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

los means nothing if a player is in the area.  You do not even have to be outside the tackle box if a player is there

So you're a syntax guy when it comes to penalties. Fair.

I'm a semantics guy. The whole reason grounding penalty exists is to punish moves like exactly that. So go by the book exactly if you want but it's a wise call by the refs IMO.

This is coming from someone rooting for the Chiefs

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Amazing that nfl  rules are so convoluted that even hardcore fans can’t agree on them 

Which is why the rule should be simplified.  Award more sacks to the D.  Blow more plays dead if needed.  The D earned it for getting to the QB.  And lord knows there’s enough pro-QB rules on the books these days.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Which is why the rule should be simplified.  Award more sacks to the D.  Blow it dead if needed.  The D earned it for getting to the QB.  And lord knows there’s enough pro-QB rules on the books these days.  

I miss the old "In the grasp" days lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Xtina said:

KC has no idea what to do when they’re not running away with it. They are spoiled 

To be fair, Kyle Shanahan was like 0-30 when trailing in the 4th until a few weeks ago

• Upvote 2