Jets announce uniform change for 2024 season

3 hours ago, Tezza said:

There will be zero change to the white legacy uniform, if there was all the current stock on Fanatics would be on sale. 

The only new unveil is 

1. Rebrand going back to the throwback logo full time
  2. New home green jersey
  3. Alt black jersey

I honestly think they will look like this with the only differences being the home jersey wont have the jets on the back and the black jersey will use white name and numbers, with the white jets wordmark on the helmet.

Here are the new Jets uniforms for the 2024-25 season : r/nyjets

Are the three points above officially confirmed?

The jersey could use the team branding, and I think, an "NY" patch.

Shame about the black uniform, as Namath-Era throwback would be much better. Still hoping we get a Namath-era throwback, which would necessitate the black jersey being used with the green helmet.  

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

IMG_5888.thumb.jpeg.616c3fba9094b3495945d1cc29fed78f.jpeg

IMG_5890.thumb.jpeg.58dd035a3d67a038c7c9207bdd997b2a.jpeg

IMG_5889.thumb.jpeg.dd8ddf7c19a0697cf115d67595fcd6f6.jpeg

These are, more or less, what I am expecting.

You're probable spot on.  I'd prefer green numbers on the black jersey though.  Maybe with a white outline around them like the old Hawaii.  Something like this, but with the green from your image.  

image.jpeg.7450a1e999a6612470614949631a9ab2.jpeg

On 3/29/2024 at 6:18 PM, teptep said:

I just can't wrap my head around why they insist on shoehorning in a black alternate when the Namath-era throwback is the perfect alternate and would allow the team to feature the two uniforms that resonate with fans the most.  The black uniform, like with other NY teams previously (Mets, Knicks),  is just such a tired gimmick.   

Jersey alternates are about selling more jerseys. Black jerseys sell.

The big problem with the Namath-era throwback is that the distinguishing part of the jersey is the sleeves. They don't look all that different from Jets jerseys over the past twenty years minus the most recent awful ones. Not a lot of demand to go out and buy a second jersey that looks like the normal ones. Also, I believe the sleeves are a little longer on the Namath-era, so they would have to give up part of the iconic part of the uniform to fit current jersey shape. If the team came up with a new jersey that doesn't look like the 1960s or 1980s designs and stuck with it, we might see those come back as throwbacks. 

18 hours ago, Mogglez said:

IMG_5888.thumb.jpeg.616c3fba9094b3495945d1cc29fed78f.jpeg

IMG_5890.thumb.jpeg.58dd035a3d67a038c7c9207bdd997b2a.jpeg

IMG_5889.thumb.jpeg.dd8ddf7c19a0697cf115d67595fcd6f6.jpeg

These are, more or less, what I am expecting.

These are the images I was trying to find, I think the black uniform with white numbers and green trim looks so clean! 

18 hours ago, ECURB said:

GW and others are 50% on JETS shop

The #17 jersey is for the white legacy though all others are still full price, the old style of uniforms from last season are on sale as we are replacing those. 

1 hour ago, Tezza said:

These are the images I was trying to find, I think the black uniform with white numbers and green trim looks so clean! 

The #17 jersey is for the white legacy though all others are still full price, the old style of uniforms from last season are on sale as we are replacing those. 

God I hate the black monstosity. Arent those pics of the color rush uniforms? I liked those

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

The big problem with the Namath-era throwback is that the distinguishing part of the jersey is the sleeves. They don't look all that different from Jets jerseys over the past twenty years minus the most recent awful ones. Not a lot of demand to go out and buy a second jersey that looks like the normal ones. Also, I believe the sleeves are a little longer on the Namath-era, so they would have to give up part of the iconic part of the uniform to fit current jersey shape. If the team came up with a new jersey that doesn't look like the 1960s or 1980s designs and stuck with it, we might see those come back as throwbacks. 

All options are on the table for alternates/throwbacks if they would just use a green helmet with the black jerseys. This would enable them to use the White helmet for the Namath-Era throwbacks.  In that world, the 80's kit would be primary, with black alternate and Namath Throwbacks.  They could then sell all of this merchandise as active gear.

At the 2019 uniform reveal, they originally paired the black jerseys with green helmets, so this is possible, but, perhaps not what they will do.

Also, what's up with the organization not broadcasting the uniform release date?  Denver/Detroit/Houston already have. It's strange. They rushed to tell us minutes after the Superbowl concluded that new uniforms were coming. We're a week into April. The draft is on the 25th. They publicized  the draft release party at Metlife. You would think that they'd want to cash in and sell lots of updated brand gear for the draft release party.  Why haven't they communicated the release date?

1 hour ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Can confirm - you will be happy. Just saying. 

I’d be buying them day one if I wasn’t cutting weight right now.

These are going to look great.

I’d be buying them day one if I wasn’t cutting weight right now.
These are going to look great.

You know how it goes though. They will sell them immediately but they won’t ship til the summer and if you wait too long, in September after the season starts. That how it was last year with the throwback white ones.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

16 minutes ago, prime21 said:

You know how it goes though. They will sell them immediately but they won’t ship til the summer and if you wait too long, in September after the season starts. That how it was last year with the throwback white ones.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I snagged one of the white ones last off-season through…another place (lol)…and it took 10 days, on the dot.  Better yet, it was stitched, something not available otherwise:

IMG_3825.thumb.jpeg.ce72a674dc1a4bfaed8bdee8db6a3de2.jpeg

IMG_3826.thumb.jpeg.a23965ce79d1f781baa183b3befcf9ae.jpeg

It cost me $23 after shipping so, rest assured, I’ll be going through the same vendor again.  Especially now that they seem to have the new jersey/stitching design available on their “versions”😅.  The only nitpick is that they run a size smaller so I’ll have to go a size up.

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Our boy @SomebodytoAnybody47 had it here first but, remember guys, it’s impossible for us peasants to actually have people in the know.  In fact, winning the lottery is more likely 🤪.

In all seriousness, I can’t wait. We could be a great team or we could suck but, man, we’re gonna look pretty dang good, either way.

Totally agree.  I'm most excited for the return of the 80's wordmark.  I was disappointed when Parcells and co. went away from it in 1998.

The current (2019-2023) logo on the helmet I think may be the worst logo in all of professional sports.  I'm shocked that it was ever approved.  It would be fascinating to understand the thought process (or lack thereof) that went into using this logo - or to have been a fly on the wall in those corporate meetings. I wonder who  is responsible for that abomination.  I've wondered if they had a few proposals for logos or were considering going back to the 80's wordmark in 2019, but just couldn't make a decision, so they went with the blandest thing possible.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I snagged one of the white ones last off-season through…another place (lol)…and it took 10 days, on the dot.  Better yet, it was stitched, something not available otherwise:

It cost me $23 after shipping so, rest assured, I’ll be going through the same vendor again.  Especially now that they seem to have the new jersey/stitching design available on their “versions”😅.  The only nitpick is that they run a size smaller so I’ll have to go a size up.

The XXL was small on you?

23 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

This is the way 

IMG_8722.jpeg

IMG_8723.jpeg

IMG_8724.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 1

I think the white outline around the logo (on the black helmet) still looks like crap even with the upgrade from the 2019 logo to the 80s logo. It looks like a reluctant add-on after determining there wasn't enough contrast to have a green logo on a black helmet, so they threw in this stupid outline. 

If they are adamant about a black helmet, just use a white logo (like they use white numbers) not a clunky, sloppy-looking white outline around a green logo...

image.png

...or how about just don't have a black helmet? Though it's not my favorite, if they're still insistent upon having a black jersey version, the candy apple green helmet went fine with the black jersey. 

image.png

Then if they need to have an alternate color helmet let it be the same 80s logo green-on-white with a green facemask

image.png

or just use the classic logo on white helmet if it doesn't have to be the same design (which plenty of fans would like to see). Even keep the candy apple green like they used to in the color rush version pre-2019 if they don't want to go 100% old-helmet.

image.png

Whatever, go win some games and they can play in fuchsia with purple polka dots faik. OK maybe not that, but still.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

This is the way 

IMG_8722.jpeg

IMG_8723.jpeg

IMG_8724.jpeg

I think they eventually make these the alternates but if they give us everything we want at once they won’t sell as many jerseys.

Just now, derp said:

I think they eventually make these the alternates but if they give us everything we want at once they won’t sell as many jerseys.

Exactly.  Too many of us already have these.

They'll wait for us to burn our stuff in disgust, then bring it all back full circle. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The XXL was small on you?

Nah, an XL was small (I’ve done this is the past so I know they run smaller than the official merch) so I ordered a XXL.  

I’m an XL in everything else.

• Upvote 2

On 4/5/2024 at 5:02 PM, Mogglez said:

That looks worse than wish honestly… better off spending $30 on a Rodgers T shirt with the right proportions 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1