Jets announce uniform change for 2024 season

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

These look awesome. 

The Jets are officially going to display the new uniforms in April. I assume the white and green jerseys will look similar to the renderings attached. The black alternate may be different.

23 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Yeah ... That makes sense me ... Thanks for your service btw ... Like I said .. it's not THAT big a deal to ... Honestly your perspective is immensely helpful.

I think theres a way to do stuff tastefully ya know? Like the outline of a fighter jet around the logo? Accents and such. Utilize a wing on the shoulder pad. 

Certainly wouldn't want them to turn any ranking like chevrons into logos and whatnot. That would be weird. 

I'm sure some people would view it as propaganda and such, but wouldnt really be any different than the Patriots representing Boston militias. Hell they actually have minutemen at the games firing weapons lol. 

We would basically be doing what they do, just a different era of the military. 

6 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

The Jets are officially going to display the new uniforms in April. I assume the white and green jerseys will look similar to the renderings attached. The black alternate may be different.

as long as the black ones are not a regular, why not.  i dont like the black ones at all, but some do.  i love the legacy whites they plan to bring in as the regulars. something for everyone i guess

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree with this person.  Bring these uni's/helmets back (though remove the logo from the belts) and leave them this way.  

It’s just another person with another opinion who thinks his opinion makes him the expert in fashion and anyone who wants something different has no eye for fashion.  And of course whatever they want is the worst take in the NFL, the ugliest look in the league

On 2/19/2024 at 7:40 PM, THE BARON said:

as long as the black ones are not a regular, why not.  i dont like the black ones at all, but some do.  i love the legacy whites they plan to bring in as the regulars. something for everyone i guess

Reading this out of context 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s just another person with another opinion who thinks his opinion makes him the expert in fashion and anyone who wants something different has no eye for fashion.  And of course whatever they want is the worst take in the NFL, the ugliest look in the league

Fashion is all subjective but the fact that Woody signed off on those hideous stripes that go from shoulder to chest gives plenty of credence to that person's argument, imo.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fashion is all subjective but the fact that Woody signed off on those hideous stripes that go from shoulder to chest gives plenty of credence to that person's argument, imo.  

Woody wasn’t here for the uniform launch.  Given we have no idea what he had to do with it there is no credence to the argument.  
The fact that most people are all in on our next uniform being the legacy uni I’m not getting the argument for another uniform.  Legacy or original, can’t lose.  That he came back from the UK and as soon as legally possible he’s changing the unpopular stripes to the extremely popular legacy uniforms and still some need to complain about his changing the uniform.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Woody wasn’t here for the uniform launch.  Given we have no idea what he had to do with it there is no credence to the argument.  
The fact that most people are all in on our next uniform being the legacy uni I’m not getting the argument for another uniform.  Legacy or original, can’t lose.  That he came back from the UK and as soon as legally possible he’s changing the unpopular stripes to the extremely popular legacy uniforms and still some need to complain about his changing the uniform.  

If Woody had nothing to do with the Jets while he was in the UK  (which I don't believe but I'll play along) then whoever it was making the decision royally F'd up. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Woody had nothing to do with the Jets while he was in the UK  (which I don't believe but I'll play along) then whoever it was making the decision royally F'd up. 

The only thing we do know is he’s involved now and as soon as humanly possible by the league he’s changing from a uni that today is mostly disliked to one that’s most fans #1 choice

Not getting the moaning and groaning by a couple of you.  

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My assumption has always been these uni's were Christopher Johnson influenced & approved............looking back at those monstrosities, which truly are embarrassing, and the delusion that Adam Gase is coaching where football is going....................really makes you wonder how much baby powder he ate as a child.  The incompetence level of the organization under his "leadership" is truly astounding.............especially for a franchise whose identity is incompetance.

• Upvote 3

I like both the Super Bowl Namath era & the sack exchange era uniforms because we had really good winning teams then.

I realize we will still suck next year . . . but when I’m watching us lose next year I will be looking at us wearing the old uniforms and with the right amount of beer I will feel a little better about it. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

New uniforms will not fix this franchise! Only a new owner who loves football, wants to win SB's, only searches for the best GM, Coaches and executives to run a winning franchise can fix this mess!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, teptep said:

IMHO - The ideal solution is the 80's uniform in Green and white (no black alternate) as primary and use the Namath era (not 1998-2018) uniforms as the alternates.  It's the best of both worlds.  

My ideal as well.  The best of the both parts of our history.  No need for anything new, most new styles suck tbh.  Our current "new" certainly does.

13 hours ago, teptep said:

IMHO - The ideal solution is the 80's uniform in Green and white (no black alternate) as primary and use the Namath era (not 1998-2018) uniforms as the alternates.  It's the best of both worlds.  

I prefer the 98-18 uniforms but now that they don't need to have one helmet this is an acceptable solution.

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Green and Black look ugly together. Just my opinion. Green and white or green and dark gray look awesome.

Ditch the black motif, go with a dark gray.

michael fassbender perfection GIF

In one of the tweets, Woody included three circles and one was dark grey so maybe we are getting green white and grey

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@Gastineau Lives

@Adoni Beast

Speaking of The Godfather, I was wondering if you guys knew of the "oranges = death" thing.  

Oh yeah and David Chase stole that in the final episode of the Sopranos and had Tony eating some oranges at one point in the finale.

Now whenever someones offers me an orange I usually stab em in the ribs and say no thank you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Oh yeah and David Chase stole that in the final episode of the Sopranos and had Tony eating some oranges at one point in the finale.

Now whenever someones offers me an orange I usually stab em in the ribs and say no thank you.

Tony also got shot at when holding a glass container of OJ as well.  Though the shot hit the container and he turned the tables on the shooters.

@Gastineau Lives  I'm referring to Tony Soprano, not Tony Danza, btw.  :)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it’s indicative of anything final, but the Jets were one of the teams hosting a girls flag football tournament over in the UK and this is the logo that was used for the uniforms they wore.  Seems like we’re going back to the 70s/80s logo.

IMG_6131.thumb.jpeg.cbc57b4575f975fbecc924128c029324.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not sure if it’s indicative of anything final, but the Jets were one of the teams hosting a girls flag football tournament over in the UK and this is the logo that was used for the uniforms they wore.  Seems like we’re going back to the 70s/80s logo.

IMG_6131.thumb.jpeg.cbc57b4575f975fbecc924128c029324.jpeg

That would be wonderful