Jets announce uniform change for 2024 season

44 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yankee road unis look clean 🔥

Classic look without any piping around the letters and sleeves

Which is what I HOPE we do with out black ones --- green numbers, letters, and stripes without the white piping

On 3/28/2024 at 11:41 AM, Adoni Beast said:

For the alternate uniforms I'd hope they'd also have an alternate logo of an NY or something just to mix it up.

What do we think about the possibility of a Namath-era throwback as an additional alternate uniform?  How likely is that?  The uniform teaser video features the Namath-era set heavily.  A team like the Chargers had four uniforms variants unveiled in 2020.  Can a team have more than two helmets?  I know they're going to have a black alternate, but does that preclude a Namath-era set?

52 minutes ago, teptep said:

What do we think about the possibility of a Namath-era throwback as an additional alternate uniform?  How likely is that?  The uniform teaser video features the Namath-era set heavily.  A team like the Chargers had four uniforms variants unveiled in 2020.  Can a team have more than two helmets?  I know they're going to have a black alternate, but does that preclude a Namath-era set?

Yes, there's only two helmets allowed per season, and, as you said, the black alternate was already announced.  I think it's safe to say that the Namath-era uniform will not be used this season (I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but not with a green helmet variant like 1993/1994). But, it's clearly a popular idea amongst fans, and Woody is prone to making decisions based on fan feedback, so maybe in the next few years?

1 hour ago, teptep said:

You pose an interesting question, I too thought that the Namath uniforms were featured heavily in that video too.

Woody has already said we’ll be doing green and black versions of the legacy white unis, however that doesn’t mean we have to wear a black helmet with the black uniform.

Nfl teams are only allowed 2 helmets. The alternate helmet must be paired with the alternate uniform, no mixing and matching.  So we couldn’t wear black helmet with green unis.  However if the Namath style was designated alternates….we could conceivably wear white, green, black uniform sets all with the normal green helmet….I don’t think there’s any rule against that.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

You pose an interesting question, I too thought that the Namath uniforms were featured heavily in that video too.

Woody has already said we’ll be doing green and black versions of the legacy white unis, however that doesn’t mean we have to wear a black helmet with the black uniform.

Nfl teams are only allowed 2 helmets. The alternate helmet must be paired with the alternate uniform, no mixing and matching.  So we couldn’t wear black helmet with green unis.  However if the Namath style was designated alternates….we could conceivably wear white, green, black uniform sets all with the normal green helmet….I don’t think there’s any rule against that.

If teams are allowed only two helmets, I think the chances for the Namath-era throwback are slim.  The prior Jets "stealth" black uniform has a black helmet, so I think they'd keep it with the upcoming black set.

I just can't wrap my head around why they insist on shoehorning in a black alternate when the Namath-era throwback is the perfect alternate and would allow the team to feature the two uniforms that resonate with fans the most.  The black uniform, like with other NY teams previously (Mets, Knicks),  is just such a tired gimmick.   

It would be great if they wore the green helmet with the black uniforms, if only so they could get the Namath-era as alternates.  Sack Exchange/80s wordmark as primary and Namath-era as alternate is an obvious win-win.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, teptep said:

If teams are allowed only two helmets, I think the chances for the Namath-era throwback are slim.  The prior Jets "stealth" black uniform has a black helmet, so I think they'd keep it with the upcoming black set.

I just can't wrap my head around why they insist on shoehorning in a black alternate when the Namath-era throwback is the perfect alternate and would allow the team to feature the two uniforms that resonate with fans the most.  The black uniform, like with other NY teams previously (Mets, Knicks),  is just such a tired gimmick.   

It would be great if they wore the green helmet with the black uniforms, if only so they could get the Namath-era as alternates.  Sack Exchange/80s wordmark as primary and Namath-era as alternate is an obvious win-win.

I think you’re right in that it will be an all black alternate for this year at least.  Lots of teams seem to be in on the all black and even the ice white looks.

In a perfect world I agree with you that we’d roll the 80s and the Namaths as alternate throwback….however before doing that Nike needs to fix the green/go with our current green and they need to figure out how to execute the shoulder stripes.  I’m not a Nike hater, but how they executed our traditional uniforms was awful.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

I think you’re right in that it will be an all black alternate for this year at least.  Lots of teams seem to be in on the all black and even the ice white looks.

In a perfect world I agree with you that we’d roll the 80s and the Namaths as alternate throwback….however before doing that Nike needs to fix the green/go with our current green and they need to figure out how to execute the shoulder stripes.  I’m not a Nike hater, but how they executed our traditional uniforms was awful.

Is the main home/away going to be the 80s set? Any idea?

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Is the main home/away going to be the 80s set? Any idea?

I would assume so since that’s what the announcements have been geared towards.  And they already said there are green and black versions of the 80s set coming….which I’m fine with.  
I did find it odd how prominent the Namaths were in the video though….maybe a future throwback option?

3 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

One thing that gives me hope that they might use the Namath-era as alternates (in addition to the video that featured the 1998-2018 set prominently)  is that, if they don't, there is no surprise as to what they will introduce.  They already announced their intention to go back to the Sack Exchange uniforms and said they would be adding green and black jerseys.  So, if that is truly all there is, they're holding back no information of consequence about the uniform release. That seems anticlimactic.

I totally agree that if they bring back the Namath-era set as an alternate/throwback, the shoulder stripes should be fixed. What's more, the green should be Kelly green, the face-masks should be grey and the logo needs to be the oblong football shape and not an oval.  The 1998-2018 set was inferior to the Namath-era set in every way, from the shade of green, to the oval logo, to the color of the facemask, to the shoulder stripes in later years.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, teptep said:

One thing that gives me hope that they might use the Namath-era as alternates (in addition to the video that featured the 1998-2018 set prominently)  is that, if they don't, there is no surprise as to what they will introduce.  They already announced their intention to go back to the Sack Exchange uniforms and said they would be adding green and black jerseys.  So, if that is truly all there is, they're holding back no information of consequence about the uniform release. That seems anticlimactic.

I totally agree that if they bring back the Namath-era set as an alternate/throwback, the shoulder stripes should be fixed. What's more, the green should be Kelly green, the face-masks should be grey and the logo needs to be the oblong football shape and not an oval.  The 1998-2018 set was inferior to the Namath-era set in every way, from the shade of green, to the oval logo, to the color of the facemask, to the shoulder stripes in later years.

It all depends on the helmet 

You only get one alternate as far as I know.

So if they go with a black helmet with the black version of the new unis, then we aren’t getting the Namath/Parcells era alternates.

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

I believe that this means he likes them lol

The last time my flicks came out so tuff I suffered a dull ache that kept me from sleeping on my back.

• Haha 2

On 3/28/2024 at 2:01 PM, Tezza said:

PAST THURSDAY APRIL UNI UNVEIL:

• Jets - 4/4/19 (1st Thursday)
  • Cardinals - 4/20/23 (3rd Thursday)
  • Jaguars - 4/19/18 (3rd Thursday)
  • Falcons - 4/9/2020 (2nd ThursdaY)

2024 THURSDAY SLOTS:

4/4 - Broncos  (recently shared unis coming soon on 3/25)

4/11- Jets / Texans dual release date?

4/18 - Detroit Lions  Unveiling at STH event

1 hour ago, Larz said:

I believe that this means he likes them lol

Okay so since Sauce mentioned "weeks" I am going with a 4/18 release date. I think 4/25 is too much of a rush since when we unveil it will also be a rebrand of the retro logo. I anticipate Woody would want the limelight on that and for it to not be skipped over on draft day,

1 hour ago, Larz said:

I reckon we have to be the week of 4/18 since we will be doing a rebrand of the logo, need to let that make the rounds and possibly some interviews of older players talking about what it means to them to see the retro logo and unis are back. If we have it too close to the draft the limelight from all of that will be gone and overlooked. 

3 minutes ago, Tezza said:

I reckon we have to be the week of 4/18 since we will be doing a rebrand of the logo, need to let that make the rounds and possibly some interviews of older players talking about what it means to them to see the retro logo and unis are back. If we have it too close to the draft the limelight from all of that will be gone and overlooked. 

Yeah I think if it’s about attention you want to go first or last and last is way too close to the draft. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Remember when everyone was fake mad bc Woody made the new uniform announcement the morning after Super Bowl?  He cared more about uniforms and us buying them than winning….at least that’s what I read around these parts…

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Remember when everyone was fake mad bc Woody made the new uniform announcement the morning after Super Bowl?  He cared more about uniforms and us buying them than winning….at least that’s what I read around these parts…

JB Smoove was double booked and they’re now scrambling is what I’ve been told

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Is there any reason to think that they will be different than the Monday night game? Tweaks ?

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think the whites will be the same the greens may be different 

There will be zero change to the white legacy uniform, if there was all the current stock on Fanatics would be on sale. 

The only new unveil is 

1. Rebrand going back to the throwback logo full time
  2. New home green jersey
  3. Alt black jersey

I honestly think they will look like this with the only differences being the home jersey wont have the jets on the back and the black jersey will use white name and numbers, with the white jets wordmark on the helmet.

Here are the new Jets uniforms for the 2024-25 season : r/nyjets

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tezza said:

There will be zero change to the white legacy uniform, if there was all the current stock on Fanatics would be on sale. 

The only new unveil is 

1. Rebrand going back to the throwback logo full time
  2. New home green jersey
  3. Alt black jersey

I honestly think they will look like this with the only differences being the home jersey wont have the jets on the back and the black jersey will use white name and numbers, with the white jets wordmark on the helmet.

Here are the new Jets uniforms for the 2024-25 season : r/nyjets

IMG_5888.thumb.jpeg.616c3fba9094b3495945d1cc29fed78f.jpeg

IMG_5890.thumb.jpeg.58dd035a3d67a038c7c9207bdd997b2a.jpeg

IMG_5889.thumb.jpeg.dd8ddf7c19a0697cf115d67595fcd6f6.jpeg

These are, more or less, what I am expecting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tezza said:

GW and others are 50% on JETS shop