The Tony Pauline article is here! Come on in! JD not a big dog. Saleh still sux. Hogan the leaker.

Amazing how, season after season, Jets fans will throw their bodies in front of any and all attacks toward Woody Johnson and the upper tiers of the Jets franchise despite all evidence pointing to rampant dysfunction in the operation and leadership of this franchise
This is not about trying to defend him. It's about how people just live for articles like this. It's like they feed off it. News flash. Woody isn't selling the team. It was a phenomenal investment for him. It makes him a sh*tload of money. Doesn't matter how much whining the fans do. So many here are like battered women that cry to their sisters but never leave their wife beating husband.
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:
Amazing how, season after season, Jets fans will throw their bodies in front of any and all attacks toward Woody Johnson and the upper tiers of the Jets franchise despite all evidence pointing to rampant dysfunction in the operation and leadership of this franchise

This is not about trying to defend him. It's about how people just live for articles like this. It's like they feed off it. News flash. Woody isn't selling the team. It was a phenomenal investment for him. It makes him a sh*tload of money. Doesn't matter how much whining the fans do. So many here are like battered women that cry to their sisters but never leave their wife beating husband.

Not much else to care about other than floating out/reading between the lines of what actually goes down at 1JD. Woody has always been running the show. How everything else follows is the most interesting discussion we can have at this point. 

• Upvote 2

They went 7-10 with the worst QB in the league and a rag tag bunch of o lineman. 

These doom and gloom articles are great for fans of  Real Housewives but in the real world don't mean squadoosh. 

The Revenge Tour will be glorious.  Book it.  Lock it up.  It's happening. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Still waiting on Tony Pauline to deliver on his “sources tell me Deebo Samuel will be a Jet come draft night” story.

Not only was Rex Hogan not the leaker, he wasn’t even fired.  It was an “amicable parting of ways” that was requested by Hogan weeks before the news broke that he wouldn’t be returning.

Like, the part about Keith Carter is true but any monkey following Titans and Jets players on social media could have told you that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, people enjoy articles detailing the how and why of their franchise’s struggles. Coverage of those mechanisms is going to be critical and negative. The question is why anyone would want to consume content from the talent-free Eric Allen that elides the fact that the team sucks, has sucked, and is on track to suck. 

5 years later…

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Still waiting on Tony Pauline to deliver on his “sources tell me Deebo Samuel will be a Jet come draft night” story.

Not only was Rex Hogan not the leaker, he wasn’t even fired.  It was an “amicable parting of ways” that was requested by Hogan weeks before the news broke that he wouldn’t be returning.

I remember Pauline "reporting" that Wink Martindale was absolutely going to be hired by Joe Douglas as the head coach once they fired Gase. I don't think they even interview Wink if I remember correctly.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Nice to see we're reached the "every man for himself, leak that it's not my fault, it's those other guys/the Owners fault!" stage of this collapse.

We’re at the intermediate point in the cycle where nobody can take blame and nobody can blame the owner either.  It’s the stage right before we clean house.  My favorite stage. 

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Exactly! His articles always read like a mashup of fan takes from this forum/Twitter.

Agreed, just another parasite trying to be relevant. Might be a little harsh but that is how these guys exist, they feed off negativity and cringe if they ever have to say something remotely positive.

16 minutes ago, Pac said:

They went 7-10 with the worst QB in the league and a rag tag bunch of o lineman. 

These doom and gloom articles are great for fans of  Real Housewives but in the real world don't mean squadoosh. 

The Revenge Tour will be glorious.  Book it.  Lock it up.  It's happening. 

Sounds like what Zach Fans said about Zach, right before they started saying he was the worst QB in the league.......

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

You only need to be right on one qb to change it all.  They just keep picking lemons. 

It’s the only way any of this can be saved. Rodgers was probably miscalculated, but it was at least something. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The value of Pauline is that he goes to the Shrine and Senior Bowls where he rubs elbows with scouts he knows. Scouts, obviously, aren’t necessarily plugged in to all the inner workings of the home office, but they’re information peddlers nonetheless

Right and these scouts are dopes that are used as bait to see who will leak random fake information.

Scout: "I heard we're signing Michael Jordan to play QB." 

Pauline: "Really?!? Oh boy oh boy...glad I showed up today."

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Yup. Can't believe there are some posters here who think he has nothing to do with the Jets' disfunction.

I don’t have the handbook on me, but I’m told the ambassador role leaves you locked in a cage without electricity for four years.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Right and these scouts are dopes that are used as bait to see who will leak random fake information.

Scout: "I heard we're signing Michael Jordan to play QB." 

Pauline: "Really?!? Oh boy oh boy...glad I showed up today."

Right, but you consume this information through that lens. Are these lower-level employees speculating about who Douglas will hire or sign? Probably. But are they lying about Woody sitting in on exit interviews? Probably not, because that’d be a verifiable thing that they’d know about. These scouts just watched Woody threaten their employment with a playoff mandate after openly kneecapping the org with Zach Wilson for the bulk of their employment. They’re gonna express some frustrations lol

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Right, but you consume this information through that lens. Are these lower-level employees speculating about who Douglas will hire or sign? Probably. But are they lying about Woody sitting in on exit interviews? Probably not, because that’d be a verifiable thing that they’d know about. These scouts just watched Woody threaten their employment with a playoff mandate after openly kneecapping the org with Zach Wilson for the bulk of their employment. They’re gonna express some frustrations lol

Woody may have had a role in keeping wilson around last year, but i am not of the opinion he had a hand in drafting him.  If the gm and his friend said take fields, that’s who we’d have.  

• Upvote 1