Saleh not expected to attend scouting combine ***UPDATE- may be attending now****

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think if you gave Saleh truth serum and asked him if he still wants to coach the Jets right now, he’d tell you no. He looks and acts like a guy that’d be super pumped to get introduced as San Fran’s defensive coordinator next week, knowing he’s got $30(?) mil in the bank plus whatever he can get for his partially renovated Jersey mansion

I think he's mentally beat down, for sure. Probably at his lowest of his coaching career tbh. 

I think he just wants to go one season without having to answer a million questions about the QB position and the offense being totally inept. That's why I believe they'll vastly overpay for a back up QB like Brissett. 

• Upvote 1

i do not know the answer to this but do hc's typically attend the senior bowl? I could certainly see why they would but am just not sure what is proticol.

Not going to the scouting combine really does not bother me but if hc's typically do go to the senior bowl and he did not, then I would think JD  has to answer for that. Maybe there was a legit reason but Saleh reports to JD so it is on him.

I do still think alot of this means nothing in the scheme of things but hey it is still Feb so the sky has to start falling soon

16 hours ago, Larz said:

This man is real, exists and isn’t paid just for the heck of it 

JON CARR is in his sixth season as the director, college scouting with the New York Jets, working with General Manager Joe Douglas and Assistant General Manager Rex Hogan through the entire draft process including draft meetings, the scouting combine, pro days and all-star games as well as scouting staff evaluations.

Carr also works with Director, Scouting Operations Dan Zbojovsky on the organization and assignment of national and area scouts with their school visit responsibilities. He is responsible for evaluating players in assigned areas and draft board prospects from across the country. Carr was a part of a scouting staff who drafted both the Offensive and Defensive Rookies of the Year in 2022, marking just the third time in NFL history a team has had both in the same year.

Prior to joining the Jets, Carr spent 11 seasons with the Texans, the last three as their director of college scouting. He previously served as a national and college scout with Houston.

Before that, Carr worked as the wide receivers coach at the University of Toledo (2005-06), part of a staff that helped the school to the 2005 GMAC Bowl win. He was the offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at Eastern Illinois (2003-04) after he began his college coaching career at Tennessee State, first as an assistant coach (1997-99) and later as the offensive coordinator (2000-02). During his time, the school won back-to-back Ohio Valley Conference Championships (1998 & 1999).

During the summer of 2002, Carr was a member of the Oakland Raiders staff as part of the NFL Bill Walsh Diversity Coaching Fellowship and has participated in the 2006 NCAA Expert Coach's Academy in Miami, the NFL Stanford Program for Managers at the Stanford Graduate School of Business in 2012 and the 2018 NFL Career Development Symposium. He has also worked with the National Football League Properties as the program coordinator for Chicago and Detroit summer youth inner-city football camps.

Carr played quarterback at Southeast Missouri State from 1987-89 before transferring to Purdue, where he earned a degree in law and society in 1991. Carr has one son, Corbyn, and two daughters, Kennedy and Kayla.

ed1c9b33-6cc6-4da2-8408-2244909a1ef0_text.gif.cf04482ec63e0d4dabe67389dbfd1619.gif

55 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why is it silly? He literally skipped the Senior Bowl. The time commitment for the NfL is not associate at a white shoe law firm level. No ones expecting 80 hours a week. Doing the offseason stuff, like showing up to the Senior Bowl to 1. Support your assistant coach and 2. Do your job. Wtf else is he doing?  I’m sorry this is just laziness.

my question to you is how do you know that instead of being at these events he's not doing something else equally important?  Youre just assuming he was being lazy and not going because "ehhhh f it, this dont matter to me", or inferring that because he said he likes to play golf, that is what he does all the time instead of working on anything team related in the offseason..... if anything is lazy, its that take on the situation.  

Again, agree to disagree on the matter.  Have a good one bud. 

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

my question to you is how do you know that instead of being at these events he's not doing something else equally important?  Youre just assuming he was being lazy and not going because "ehhhh f it, this dont matter to me", or inferring that because he said he likes to play golf, that is what he does all the time instead of working on anything team related in the offseason..... if anything is lazy, its that take on the situation.  

He doesn’t know. Frankly the Jets have lost a number of lower level positional coaches that have to be replaced. I’m sure he is working on that. Most here have no idea what they are posting, they just love to complain. It’s almost like therapy for them. 😆 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

What is more important than seeing the premier players in the country face to face who are eligible for the draft for a whole week? Especially when your colleague is coaching them? 

Wild the excuses we make for a lousy team. It’s pure laziness. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

He doesn’t know. Frankly the Jets have lost a number of lower level positional coaches that have to be replaced. I’m sure he is working on that. Most here have no idea what they are posting, they just love to complain. It’s almost like therapy for them. 😆 

you know where position coaches are? They are at the Senior Bowl lol

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think if you gave Saleh truth serum and asked him if he still wants to coach the Jets right now, he’d tell you no. He looks and acts like a guy that’d be super pumped to get introduced as San Fran’s defensive coordinator next week, knowing he’s got $30(?) mil in the bank plus whatever he can get for his partially renovated Jersey mansion

No way imo. There’s less pressure on him here than there would be in SF. Wilkes just got fired because he had his head up his ass for one half of the Super Bowl. He’s not even showing up for the Senior Bowl. The Jets are a cruise control job.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Saleh setting the example of maximizing his golfing and biceps in the off-season while his underlings continue to work.

he’s  a hard worker find a new slant haven’t you heard of zoom

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine being a head coach who suffered through three years of a mentally weak country club mush at QB whose bitch-assness was written all over his face from the jump and still entrusting the same guy who drafted that mush to go get you more players without your help. 

In other words Waahh!!!  "Poor me!!!"  Excuses!!! Excuses!!! Excuses!!!

Mike Tomlin and Kevin Stefanski attacked problems creatively while Saleh sat there compiling records of other HCs who lost their QB1 to build a case to W0ody why he should be retained. 

Saleh has a completely defeatist mentality and is the true definition of a titty-baby.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Wow.

Almost wrote an article last night asking if Saleh was already checked out and ready to move on but sometimes the "Oh my god this is such clickbait" responses from the kids aren't worth it.

In other words Waahh!!!  "Poor me!!!"  Excuses!!! Excuses!!! Excuses!!!
Mike Tomlin and Kevin Stefanski attacked problems creatively while Saleh sat there compiling records of other HCs who lost their QB1 to build a case to W0ody why he should be retained. 
Saleh has a completely defeatist mentality and is the true definition of a titty-baby.
Look. Stop directing all your hate towards Saleh for your Golden Boy turning out to be a dumpster fire. Some of you guys are more transparent than glass.

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You’d think that a coach entering a do or die year would show some urgency to be involved in as many aspects of the team as he can get to, so skipping the offseason stuff, again, should raise an eyebrow. The Combine is generally stupid, but there’s value in getting face time with those players and other coaches alike. Holing up in New Jersey and passively hoping things turn around for the franchise is perpetual assistant coach behavior. 

Agree 100%.  And keep in mind this is a HUGE networking event for NFL personnel.  Coach Bobby is wasting a great opportunity to not only see the kids at the combine and speak with them face to face, but the networking that takes place later in the evening with other coaches at the JW bar or eating steaks at Prime 47 or even head exploding shrimp at St. Elmos.  Saleh could be using this opportunity to meet with other assistant coaches who may one day become an assistant for you somewhere, talking with people about potential free agents and getting info that he may not otherwise hear, building a stronger network.  And i do not care what other teams do.  When you are as bad as we are, you take every opportunity like this to improve.  Sitting in Florham Park for 3 days watching film instead??  Give me a effin break. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetpain said:

Agree 100%.  And keep in mind this is a HUGE networking event for NFL personnel.  Coach Bobby is wasting a great opportunity to not only see the kids at the combine and speak with them face to face, but the networking that takes place later in the evening with other coaches at the JW bar or eating steaks at Prime 47 or even head exploding shrimp at St. Elmos.  Saleh could be using this opportunity to meet with other assistant coaches who may one day become an assistant for you somewhere, talking with people about potential free agents and getting info that he may not otherwise hear, building a stronger network.  And i do not care what other teams do.  When you are as bad as we are, you take every opportunity like this to improve.  Sitting in Florham Park for 3 days watching film instead??  Give me a effin break. 

He might meet his next employer.

4 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

what is your opinion on all of the other coaches situations and them missing the combine as well?  Just curious if the bias is just solely directed at this team or at all of the coaches doing the same thing.  

In my opinion, which if you don't agree with is fine, you have your own prerogative and narrative you want to keep, is that the combine does not mean much in terms of coaches being there. You can make a case for face to face interviews but all of those are recorded so that the coach can see them and in most cases they will bring guys in for private workouts which will have more meaning.  

I think the issue for many is they believe that while Saleh (or any of the coaches on that list i guess unless we just assume he is the only one that will delinquent in doing work) is in florham park he'll be sitting there staring at the wall.  

While in some world is it completely possible he will be doing nothing? sure.  But is it also fair to make the assumption that perhaps the work that gets done by these coaches during that time is more beneficial than sitting watching guys run 40s?  

Just perspective my guy... have a good day

I don’t think that Saleh is sitting around Florham Park staring at the walls, but it’d be good for him to get out in front of the org and be its leader, at least performatively, as opposed to hanging out in Jersey watching a bunch of assistants packing up their desks for better opportunities. The theme behind the two behind-the-scenes immolations (from Russini and Pauline) is that there is a massive leadership void that’s being exploited by Woody Johnson, and literally no one associated with the franchise even attempted to rebut those claims (except for whoever @Mogglez seems to chat with). Hell, Woody himself put on a show at NFL Honors that all but confirmed that reporting. The other theme in those reports was that both Douglas and Saleh are of the belief that handing over control of the franchise to the whims of Aaron Rodgers is going to fix all of their problems, which (imo) is only partially correct. If I have a bias, it’s that Saleh has looked like a weak fish and an emasculated assistant coach since about six weeks into his first training camp, and I was hopeful that he’d look to push back against that perception this offseason, but—though it’s obviously early—his plan looks to be to hide out until June and hope that Rodgers takes the reins from him so he can go back to hanging out in the DB room working on new variations of Cover Three. 

• Upvote 1

Every year I get told that the combine doesn’t matter one iota by the same people now telling me that Robert Saleh skipping the combine means that the 2024 for season is done for.

Amazing how well a conspiracy theory fueled agenda can move the goalposts.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think that Saleh is sitting around Florham Park staring at the walls, but it’d be good for him to get out in front of the org and be its leader, at least performatively, as opposed to hanging out in Jersey watching a bunch of assistants packing up their desks for better opportunities. The theme behind the two behind-the-scenes immolations (from Russini and Pauline) is that there is a massive leadership void that’s being exploited by Woody Johnson, and literally no one associated with the franchise even attempted to rebut those claims (except for whoever @Mogglez seems to chat with). Hell, Woody himself put on a show at NFL Honors that all but confirmed that reporting. The other theme in those reports was that both Douglas and Saleh are of the belief that handing over control of the franchise to the whims of Aaron Rodgers is going to fix all of their problems, which (imo) is only partially correct. If I have a bias, it’s that Saleh has looked like a weak fish and an emasculated assistant coach since about six weeks into his first training camp, and I was hopeful that he’d look to push back against that perception this offseason, but—though it’s obviously early—his plan looks to be to hide out until June and hope that Rodgers takes the reins from him so he can go back to hanging out in the DB room working on new variations of Cover Three. 

That slug jim harbaugh is off to a lousy start.  Pretty early to check out, before his first game. I knew he was overrated 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m still completely done dipping my toes in the waters of posting information after the way my time in that thread ended, but I would like to add that Josina Anderson, who I can’t stand but is very connected, alluded to the same things I was told.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

The dude’s coaching staff is made up entirely of otherwise unemployable dudes he met ten years ago while coaching the Seahawks. Maybe Robert could benefit from bringing in some new coaches with fresh ideas instead of hiring 15 different versions of his personal Jeff Weeks. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Every year I get told that the combine doesn’t matter one iota by the same people now telling me that Robert Saleh skipping the combine means that the 2024 for season is done for.

Amazing how well a conspiracy theory fueled agenda can move the goalposts.

Who’s in charge of the Jets? 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The dude’s coaching staff is made up entirely of otherwise unemployable dudes he met ten years ago while coaching the Seahawks. Maybe Robert could benefit from bringing in some new coaches with fresh ideas instead of hiring 15 different versions of his personal Jeff Weeks. 

100% !!      And yet a 4 billion dollar corporation cant figure this out.     The problem when you hire guys like Saleh is that they cant put together a good staff around them.  Maybe a good assistant here and there, but not a solid staff.   But fear not, Woody must realize this after 25 years right? 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who’s in charge of the Jets? 

Joe Douglas.

Robert Saleh.

This post will serve as an expansion on the information I shared last time, which is that Woody gives his input, is involved/informed in/on moves Douglas, as well as Saleh, have already discussed/planned to make but, up until now, he has not made “demands” for things.  The dude is a communicator of the worst order when it comes to speaking to the public, but he has given autonomy to those in charge.  His “demands” now are simply “fix the damn offensive line and make sure we have a QB that can win if you fail to protect #8.”  I think we can all agree that was probably the plan anyway.

I’m not disagreeing with the notion that the season could go up in flames if the right moves aren’t made by Joe Douglas, but I will pushback on the idea that Robert Saleh not attending the combine, as well as a number of guys who were told that they can look elsewhere for jobs because we are looking for their replacements mean that 2024 is a bust.

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

That slug jim harbaugh is off to a lousy start.  Pretty early to check out, before his first game. I knew he was overrated 

Jim Harbaugh could skip the combine, the draft and half of camp and still be more prepared than Saleh come week 1. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That's not a Jets thing. That's an NFL thing. Literally every new HC brings their buds from their previous stints along with them.

3 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

Jim Harbaugh could skip the combine, the draft and half of camp and still be more prepared than Saleh come week 1. 

Because of his losing record in bowl games and against OSU? 

weird how he didn’t win until the sign stealing. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Joe Douglas.

Robert Saleh.

This post will serve as an expansion on the information I shared last time, which is that Woody gives his input, is involved/informed in/on moves Douglas, as well as Saleh, have already discussed/planned to make but, up until now, he has not made “demands” for things.  The dude is a communicator of the worst order when it comes to speaking to the public, but he has given autonomy to those in charge.  His “demands” now are simply “fix the damn offensive line and make sure we have a QB that can win if you fail to protect #8.”  I think we can all agree that was probably the plan anyway.

I’m not disagreeing with the notion that the season could go up in flames if the right moves aren’t made by Joe Douglas, but I will pushback on the idea that a number of guys who were told that they can look elsewhere for jobs because we are looking for their replacements mean that 2024 is a bust.

I believe you that Woody gives them “autonomy,” per se, but we have ample evidence that Woody is there, he is involved, and he wants to be included in those decisions, which I’m suggesting is problematic when it comes to hiring and managing that personnel. Were I Saleh, I would want to assert more control over my fate, particularly this offseason, instead of simply repeating the deeply unsuccessful things I’d done for the previous three years, because he’s going to be the first dude thrown directly under the bus if/when Rodgers sprains an ankle.

• Upvote 1

Did he attend the past 3 years?