Hardman sounds off on the Jets

mahomes and kelce love hardman .... 

“It brought me to tears seeing that he was the man that got us this ring,” Kelce said. “Sometimes the media world can be pretty harsh on a guy. … Mecole is one of my favorite teammates ever because he just keeps showing up and he keeps trying to find ways to win. Had a huge play for us early on that kind of sparked us and on top of that, finds a way to win the game for us when everybody counted him out — even the Jets counted him out.

“And man, we were so excited when he got back in the building because he’s the kind of guy who brings everybody together. He’s got that kind of personality.”

13 minutes ago, kmnj said:

mahomes and kelce love hardman .... 

“It brought me to tears seeing that he was the man that got us this ring,” Kelce said. “Sometimes the media world can be pretty harsh on a guy. … Mecole is one of my favorite teammates ever because he just keeps showing up and he keeps trying to find ways to win. Had a huge play for us early on that kind of sparked us and on top of that, finds a way to win the game for us when everybody counted him out — even the Jets counted him out.

“And man, we were so excited when he got back in the building because he’s the kind of guy who brings everybody together. He’s got that kind of personality.”

Mahomes talked up ZW after the Chiefs game, so take what he says about other players in context.

• Upvote 1

This unverifiable "leaked the gameplan" thing is so dumb for the Jets.

Even if true, it doesn't matter, we don't look better in this situation gurning about it.  

Hardman won the Super Bowl.  Hardman is beloved by the future GOAT QB and Kelce. 

He won, the Jets lost, on that deal.  There is no "we sure showed him" to be found here.  Just more bad PR.

SMH

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Even if true, it doesn't matter, we don't look better in this situation gurning about it.  

Hardman won the Super Bowl.  Hardman is beloved by the future GOAT QB and Kelce. 

He won, the Jets lost, on that deal.  There is no "we sure showed him" to be found here.  Just more bad PR.

SMH

The only thing that happened is Rodgers ( a top 3-4 QB) got hurt with insane bad luck. That and Zach Wilson sucks... That's literally it. Everything else is off season media nonsense and jets bashing. 

If Rodgers stayed healthy and the oline stayed healthy the jets would've won the division IMHO. 

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

SMH

yeah Hardman just won another ring and he was a big part of it-he wins this one hands down-   we showed him nothing ...

34 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

The only thing that happened is Rodgers ( a top 3-4 QB) got hurt with insane bad luck. That and Zach Wilson sucks... That's literally it. Everything else is off season media nonsense and jets bashing. 

If Rodgers stayed healthy and the oline stayed healthy the jets would've won the division IMHO. 

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, a Jets Fan's favorite rationalization coping mechanism.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, a Jets Fan's favorite rationalization coping mechanism.

Its not coping lol. It's why I'm excited about this season. There was no reality in the universe that exists where the jets wouldn't be a disaster if Rodgers went down. The fact that they won 7 games including against buffalo and phili speaks to their incredible talent on defense.

If they have a solid fa and draft they are going to be extremely tough for buffalo and the conference 

Hardman has always been a clown and got lucky being a gadget player on the modern version of the 80s 49ers

I will say it tells me Douglas needs to do a better job on identifying the DNA in a person not just let any loser in your building 

Love seeing the actual players on this team go out of their way to reinforce what I said last night.

Mecole Hardman is a lazy and entitled JAG who didn’t deserve the people here defending his honor last night doing so.

Egg all over your faces, the lot of you.  Some of the takes from yesterday have aged like fine milk. 🥛 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GangGreened said:

He doesn’t qualify for either 

He was top 3 as recently as 2021. Can he regain that form? I’m highly skeptical, but I think he can still be above average. 

historically, I have him just outside my top 5, but let’s see how he finishes his career 

16 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:
Who was better?  Gipson the punt returner?  Brownlee?  Randall Cobb?  Allen Lazard?

Amyone that exceeded his catch total of 1.

Was Aaron Rodgers our worst QB last season?  After all, he completed 0 passes.

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And, sadly, we're probably 1 year away from that happening.

11 hours ago, oatmeal said:

This

And that’s why the goofys around here who keep downplaying all these reports need to really GTFO

Like how much of a jet a** licker can you be to not see the house is on fire?

Plus what would it say about our organization if it ends up coming true that Garrett Wilson (one of the highest character guys you could ever ask for!) demands to be traded?

To quote another user, that would be "Defcon 1".

• Haha 1

At least two Jets players publicly supported the org. Morstead commented on sour grapes after getting beat out by a rookie UFA. And Sauce tweeted and later rescinded a tweet alleging that Hardman gave the Eagles some of the Jets game plan for their game. That's a pretty tough comment not sure how true since he deleted it but if factual should be investigated. Plus Hardman traded after that Philly game. On Hardman's side Chiefs players have regularly said good things about him and Kelcey said he's one of his favorite teammates. 

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Don't you realize that Hardman checked out the second Boy Blunder became the starting QB?

That was the rumor I heard as well (from Francesa).  That doesn't mean he wasn't the 2nd most talented WR we had last year though.

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

yeah Hardman just won another ring and he was a big part of it-he wins this one hands down-   we showed him nothing ...

Actually not true. Hardman was nothing during the regular season and fumbled vs buffalo almost costing them the game. 

Matt verderame who writes for sports illustrated and is a KC guy has continually said he's an auxiliary weapon at best and a clown 

50 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Hardman was a fumbling machine in KC on returns. Ask any KC fan. This guy is a selfish idiot who showed his True colors when Rodgers got hurt. 

Douglas needs to have a better eye for character 

4 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Hardman was a fumbling machine in KC on returns. Ask any KC fan. This guy is a selfish idiot who showed his True colors when Rodgers got hurt. 

Douglas needs to have a better eye for character 

My point is NOT that Mecole Hardman is a good WR, just that he was the 2nd best WR we had on the roster last year. 

43 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That was the rumor I heard as well (from Francesa).  That doesn't mean he wasn't the 2nd most talented WR we had last year though.

Zach Wilson was a major problem. Hardman also sucks and Douglas as usual didn’t do his homework on the player. 

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:
My point is NOT that Mecole Hardman is a good WR, just that he was the 2nd best WR we had on the roster last year. 

Absolutely ludicrous statement and made just to try to explain why Wilson was so bad.

You're right.  Our WRs behind GW were tremendous last year.  We don't need an upgrade at all!  Bring them all back.  Gipson, Lazard, Brownlee and Cobb!!!   We're all set!  It's "ludicrous" to criticize that group!

6 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I don't know what prompted him to say that lol. But yes, interesting. He saying Hardman leaked it? I don't fn know. 

What?!?!?  This team is all sorts of F'd up (and I don't mean Sauce Gardner).