Off-season Rumors + News aka Jets time to shine

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Interesting at 6. I will say that JJ does fit the boring mold of Giants QBs

It's funny...all the "twitter scouts" or whatever you wanna call them, don't understand what people see in McCarthy. And yet everyone is mocking him top 10.

Any extra QBs in top 10 helps the Jets!

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Interesting at 6. I will say that JJ does fit the boring mold of Giants QBs

Reaching for JJ McCarthy at #6 overall exactly 5 years after reaching for Daniel Jones . . . at #6 overall. 

#GiantsFootball 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Reaching for JJ McCarthy at #6 overall exactly 5 years after reaching for Daniel Jones . . . at #6 overall. 

#GiantsFootball 

it's also a potential great ploy by the giants if they want someone to trade up and get him so a wr falls to them. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

#GiantsFootball 

It's 100% on brand and their type of prospect

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

lol team Cutlets 

One thing I learned really quickly living in a place where people from all over the country move to is that a Jets fan shouldn’t talk trash about other teams. Their fans can shut you up really quick.

For instance all a Giants fan would have to do is say Cutlets was an UDFA rookie who played better than our 3rd year #2 pick… 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

One thing I learned really quickly living in a place where people from all over the country move to is that a Jets fan shouldn’t talk trash about other teams. Their fans can shut you up really quick.

One thing I learned really quickly living in a free country is that I get to make fun of anyone I want whenever I want :) 

I talk trash about every team in the NFL on a regular basis and nobody has "shut me up" yet :)

For instance - the Giants suck d*ck!

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

For instance all a Giants fan would have to do is say Cutlets was an UDFA rookie who played better than our 3rd year #2 pick… 

"our"

• Haha 2

Just now, slimjasi said:

One thing I learned really quickly living in a free country is that I get to make fun of anyone I want whenever I want :) 

I talk trash about every team in the NFL on a regular basis and nobody has "shut me up" yet :)

For instance - the Giants suck d*ck!

Working Out GIF

Wow. I'd be devasted by that quip! Cutlets was stupendous when he went up against the Jets this past season....an unforgettable performance!
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Wow. I'd be devasted by that quip! Cutlets was stupendous when he went up against the Jets this past season....an unforgettable performance!

Yes, It was quite an offensive display by both QBs in a monsoon if I remember correctly?

At least cutlets had the excuse they wouldn’t even let him throw the ball. Our guy just sucked.

Yes, It was quite an offensive display by both QBs in a monsoon if I remember correctly?
At least cutlets had the excuse they wouldn’t even let him throw the ball. Our guy just sucked.
"Our guy?" Come on Cutlets is your guy

Wilson does suck but he managed to move the ball 58 yards is 23 seconds against your team with no timeouts. He stole a near certain victory from you!
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I keep hearing how we win the offseason.  I think, okay, maybe we do.  Then I read this thread and I wonder what the **** you people are talking about.

Doubt we’re winning this one. 

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

The smooth brains are still celebrating a win against the Giants last October. Give them time, they’ll get to the offseason shortly.
How good do you think your Giants are going to be without Barkley who represented 80% of your offense last year? I'll give you a hint:

19 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Yeah, look who was Jeremiah's top OT (and 7th overall prospect in the 2020 draft). DJ can kiss my a$$. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-150-prospects-in-the-2020-nfl-draft-class-0ap3000001110012

Becton.thumb.png.8ce11d2bb7245bdd44a6d62c0779cf54.png

i have no issue with that. this does not take into account future injuries. Becton is still all of the above, but he couldn't stay in shape and he was robbed of development for 2 years. Becton was a freak that needed to develop, last year he still needed to develop (due to lack of playing games) and he was no longer a freak because of injuries.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

It's funny...all the "twitter scouts" or whatever you wanna call them, don't understand what people see in McCarthy. And yet everyone is mocking him top 10.

Any extra QBs in top 10 helps the Jets!

Coaches love his attitude and whatnot, which explains the “rise.” FWIW, all the very smart dudes who were salivating over Anthony Richardson last year are not at all enthusiastic about McCarthy’s film. 

25 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i have no issue with that. this does not take into account future injuries. Becton is still all of the above, but he couldn't stay in shape and he was robbed of development for 2 years. Becton was a freak that needed to develop, last year he still needed to develop (due to lack of playing games) and he was no longer a freak because of injuries.

IIRC, I think @bitonti pointed out at the time that Becton was pigeon-toed, which was an indicator of future bad knees. 

• Upvote 1