Off-season Rumors + News aka Jets time to shine

34 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i have no issue with that. this does not take into account future injuries. Becton is still all of the above, but he couldn't stay in shape and he was robbed of development for 2 years. Becton was a freak that needed to develop, last year he still needed to develop (due to lack of playing games) and he was no longer a freak because of injuries.

It didnt help that they went to 49ers zone blocking with a guy his size

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i have no issue with that. this does not take into account future injuries. Becton is still all of the above, but he couldn't stay in shape and he was robbed of development for 2 years. Becton was a freak that needed to develop, last year he still needed to develop (due to lack of playing games) and he was no longer a freak because of injuries.

Well, I think it shows that DJ values the wrong things when evaluating tackles. He focuses too much on "nastiness" and splash plays like pancakes and throwing people. 

IMO, I'd rather listen to guys like Brandon Thorn (who almost exclusively covers OL for the draft) and guys that have played the position like Goeff Schwartz. 

https://trenchwarfare.substack.com/

Brandon is not that high on Fuaga

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10095704-taliese-fuaga-nfl-draft-2024-scouting-report-for-oregon-state-iol

Schwartz likes Fuaga as a run blocker but isn't sure he can stay at tackle in the pros because of pass protection issues

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

Well, I think it shows that DJ values the wrong things when evaluating tackles. He focuses too much on "nastiness" and splash plays like pancakes and throwing people. 

IMO, I'd rather listen to guys like Brandon Thorn (who almost exclusively covers OL for the draft) and guys that have played the position like Goeff Schwartz. 

https://trenchwarfare.substack.com/

Brandon is not that high on Fuaga

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10095704-taliese-fuaga-nfl-draft-2024-scouting-report-for-oregon-state-iol

Schwartz likes Fuaga as a run blocker but isn't sure he can stay at tackle in the pros because of pass protection issues

Yep

I won’t be pissed if we take Fuaga, but I’ll definitely feel a bit let down if Fashanu is still on the board.

This is nitpick season.

I don’t really see all-pro potential with any of these OT’s besides Alt, but I could absolutely see Fashanu developing into a Brick-esque presence at LT. Maybe a bit subpar in the running game but is able to mirror and largely shutdown those twitchy edgerushers like Brick did to guys like Freeney 15 years ago.

The Jets better not just feel good about Fuaga’s ability to be an above average, plug and play RT from Day 1…but they better feel good about him as a potential LT as well if Fashanu is still for the taking.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I won’t be pissed if we take Fuaga, but I’ll definitely feel a bit let down if Fashanu is still on the board.

This right here…if it’s Fashanu and Fuaga and we take Fuaga I’ll be pissed…but otherwise fine with Fuaga if Alt + Fashanu are gone.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Told you @Paradis.

This fat f*ck is never going to change.  Dipsh*t won’t budge from his set price.  Get ready for MVS.  I’m calling it now.

Aren’t compensatory picks tradable now? Couldn’t they have packaged some of the picks they were just awarded?

47 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Our fat ******* GM doesn’t do sh*t. I think Jeudy is average but he probably would’ve excelled with Rodgers. What do I know tho. Just sit there and do nothing Joe. 

Jeudy is trash. 

Please save your bitching for players who matter. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

The last time I remember seeing Jerry Jeudy, he was going at it with Steve Smith on the sideline about some off the field garbage on a podcast. That may be the absolute last thing this team needs right now

12 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

LOL

I too see us signing depth role players to starter-level contracts. Sigh.

Right?  Surely Joe Douglas would never do that!

image.png.ee4938dd8f440dfb0f12f926b5ba5605.png

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

You all complaining about Jeudy. lol. 
what the actual Fuçk is going on. 

we are the whiniest fans on earth. 

juedy is a maybe he’s ok guy at some point WR and we are in a place of need a legit can play and perform guy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I liked him coming out, but Jeudy has kinda sucked so far and has a bit of an attitude problem. 

its pretty telling that Denver couldn’t get more than a 5 and 6 for him 

I’m hopeful our WR2 next year is a better player than Jeudy 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

We’re back baby! Off-season fully here with Jets always being involved but not getting things done. 

Don't love Jeudy, but would've taken him at that price. Payton wouldn't have traded him to the Jets for that though. Let's be real. 

• Upvote 3

Chris Jones got paid.   A REAL dominant game changing DT.

Chris Jones is staying in Kansas City. On Saturday night, less than 48 hours before teams could begin negotiating with impending free agents, Jones and the Chiefs agreed to a five-year contract that includes $95 million guaranteed, a person familiar with the situation told USA TODAY Sports