Off-season Rumors + News aka Jets time to shine

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Don;t look at Lance Zuerliens mock draft, has the jets taking jc latham and passing on Fashanu who falls to Cincy at 18

Fashanu just checked in with the smallest hands I’ve ever seen measured at the Combine lol. 8 1/2”? 

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Don;t look at Lance Zuerliens mock draft, has the jets taking jc latham and passing on Fashanu who falls to Cincy at 18

I’m definitely already bracing myself for Douglas to pass on him for a RT, even though Fashanu could play tackle. This way there’s a spot for Bakhtiari to play at LT through mid August before he’s out for the year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, derp said:

I’m definitely already bracing myself for Douglas to pass on him for a RT, even though Fashanu could play tackle. This way there’s a spot for Bakhtiari to play at LT through mid August before he’s out for the year.

Bakhtiari and Aaron Jones feels incredibly inevitable.

Mike Evans would be a nice signing as long as the money and contract are done before we have to re sign G Wilson, Gardner, Hall and JJ.  Boyd is another option.  

Sign the tackle guard from the Patriots who is only 25 not Tyron Smith.  I heard a stat that Tyron Smith has not played a full season since 2016.  We don't need that.

Penn State OL Foshanu or trade down from 10 and acquire more picks.

On 3/2/2024 at 2:17 PM, CanadaSteve said:

Then, we can trade down and recoup a 2nd for this year (and potentially 2024 picks as well), and pick up solid prospects at both positions who could potentially start.  

If only being a Jets fan was that easy.

This draft is supposed to be deep in WR and OL talent.
Why would we spend so much on Mike Evans?  There will be options in F/A who can be solid #3 receivers and great depth.  Then, we can trade down and recoup a 2nd for this year (and potentially 2024 picks as well), and pick up solid prospects at both positions who could potentially start.  
Two words - "potential" and "certainty"

Evans would be a certainty to start and to produce, big time, in 2024. A 2nd round draft pick has the potential to start in 2024.

That is where the FA premium comes in. You know what you're getting. A draft pick could turn out as good as Puka Nacua ... or as bad as Denzel Mins.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Fashanu just checked in with the smallest hands I’ve ever seen measured at the Combine lol. 8 1/2”? 

I noticed that too, but I don't know how that should influence his evaluation. Physically, he is a good looking athlete. Relatively lean for an OL with a barrel chest. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jamesr said:

Two words - "potential" and "certainty"

Evans would be a certainty to start and to produce, big time, in 2024. A 2nd round draft pick has the potential to start in 2024.

That is where the FA premium comes in. You know what you're getting. A draft pick could turn out as good as Puka Nacua ... or as bad as Denzel Mins.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Not that it matters anymore, but sometimes the difference between 'potential' and 'certainty' is something called 'salary cap.'

20 minutes ago, varjet said:

Something tells me that you would want your OT to have large hands, even if he is not really supposed to use them (unless he plays for the NEP).  

JC Latham is a JD pick. 

Yes, because we like the holding calls to be blatant. 😛 

55 minutes ago, varjet said:

Something tells me that you would want your OT to have large hands, even if he is not really supposed to use them (unless he plays for the NEP).  

JC Latham is a JD pick. 

If we trade down a couple of spots I’d be happy with that. He can play LT even though he was at RT mainly at Bama and if we sign a hold the fort guy during free agency we can have a guy like Latham learn a bit before rushing him out there on Day 1.

At this point it seems more likely than not that mccarthy is going top 9.  So if you put 4 qbs and assume at least 2 wrs if not 3, that’s 6-7 players in the top 9 before any OL.  Seems like worst case the jets get fuaga, but if even 1 defender goes top 10 then the jets should get fashanu. 

On 3/2/2024 at 11:55 AM, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Why not? ALL IN. 

Because we have too many needs and not enough money to fill them all with top tier players. Mike Evans is a #1 receiver. We  need a #2. I would prefer to see us spend for the best guard and tackle we can afford.