Off-season Rumors + News aka Jets time to shine

4 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Starting this so we can throw free agency rumors in and keep separate from combine stuff. 

Mike Evans to Chiefs seems inevitable at this point, no?

could be that he trying to tell TB that they better keep Baker and not try to draft some rookie QB. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Starting this so we can throw free agency rumors in and keep separate from combine stuff. 

Mike Evans to Chiefs seems inevitable at this point, no?

The Jets better be "All In" of trying to get Evens here - high probability he doesnt want to come here but they ought to make the highest offer.

If that falls through - trade up get MHJ or Nabers.

OL is a real need but if you only have 1 WR that can get separation then what good is it.

• Upvote 1

I mean I love Evans, but hes probably got one more great season. It makes sense for the Jets given where we are, but he shouldnt command Tyreek/Justin Jefferson money. He is perfect to help clean up the offensive side of the ball and teach the young kids how to win. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Wit said:

I mean I love Evans, but hes probably got one more great season. It makes sense for the Jets given where we are, but he shouldnt command Tyreek/Justin Jefferson money. He is perfect to help clean up the offensive side of the ball and teach the young kids how to win. 

I think if it’s for 2 years, he should. He's still producing at an elite level. It’s actually insane looking at his stats. 

It’s going to be interesting to see how free agency pans out.  It can go any number of ways.  The jets may not have ten pick over the next couple of seasons so they need to make it count.  I wouldn’t rule out any skill position except for rb.  I even think a qb could be in play or lb.

10 minutes ago, derp said:

I think Fashanu at 10 is the best at least semi realistic case.

It just seems he has been lost in the shuffle of Alt clearly being the #1 OT and the post-senior bowl rush of Fuaga being the next Sewell…which he is not near Sewell’s level at all.

I actually think there is 50/50 shot Fashanu is there at 10.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

It just seems he has been lost in the shuffle of Alt clearly being the #1 OT and the post-senior bowl rush of Fuaga being the next Sewell…which he is not near Sewell’s level at all.

Yes and it will help if rome and mccarthy do well today.  

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

From your lips to God's ears, but since this is what I want to happen, I don't expect it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

high probability he doesnt want to come here

It feels like the only players who choose the Jets have no other options 

Aaron rodgers is included in this statement 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I'm not sure I understand the significance of this Tweet.  Is the idea that the Jets potentially will only have to trade up 1-2 spots to get Alt?  If so, I would still think that would be expensive.  

Or maybe the idea is that a lot of QBs will be taken higher than maybe some expect, which means more players will fall to us in a year where we're not drafting a QB.  But aren't the main 2 guys we're coveting (Alt/Fashanu) going to be gone by then anyway?  If Fuaga is the guy who falls to us, weren't we kind of already expecting him to be there?

Disclaimer: I know it's still very early in the process and a lot will change between now and draft day.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

We’ve got a fun run in free agency ahead of us. Jets about to spend big…. Finally

I thought we didn't have that much money to spend.  I know the cap went up.  And I know we cut Laken, which saved us some money.  But aren't there a lot of teams with cap space?  I think I read the Pats have over $100M.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I thought we didn't have that much money to spend.  I know the cap went up.  And I know we cut Laken, which saved us some money.  But aren't there a lot of teams with cap space?  I think I read the Pats have over $100M.

Jets can make enough room to buy several high end free agents if they wanted to. Obviously other teams do have money. The Jets will be a desired destination as long as Rodgers is here with a top defense - no matter what anybody wants to throw out there on the contrary

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GangGreened said:

Yeah making Mike Evans one of the highest paid WRs in the league shouldn’t be on the Jets radar

This draft is supposed to be deep in WR and OL talent.

Why would we spend so much on Mike Evans?  There will be options in F/A who can be solid #3 receivers and great depth.  Then, we can trade down and recoup a 2nd for this year (and potentially 2024 picks as well), and pick up solid prospects at both positions who could potentially start.  

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

My concern is that Brock Bowers slips out of the top ten and two players (probably JJ McCarthy and a defensive player - Dallas Turner?) need to go in the top nine for one of the five OT/WR prospects to fall to ten. So think of those five Fashanu is the most likely. Long ways to go still though.

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Could easily make tons of room in cap space. Have no fear we will get there

Then you have to spend money replacing those expensive positions 

I count 16 starters including nickel/slot. 

who are you cutting? Mosley? Who else. ? Jets top 51 is trash. 

IMG_8441.jpeg

IMG_8442.jpeg

IMG_8443.jpeg

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Larz said:

Then you have to spend money replacing those expensive positions 

I count 16 starters including nickel/slot. 

who are you cutting? Mosley? Who else. ? Jets top 51 is trash. 

IMG_8441.jpeg

IMG_8442.jpeg

IMG_8443.jpeg

Something around 100+mil in space next year not counting the cap expanding. Nobody actually needs to be cut. Can be a lot of restructures and backloaded contracts. There’s nobody the Jets can’t afford this off-season

42 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Something around 100+mil in space next year not counting the cap expanding. Nobody actually needs to be cut. Can be a lot of restructures and backloaded contracts. There’s nobody the Jets can’t afford this off-season

The jets have 16 starters, 20 million in cap space and no kicker or punter and 4 draft picks before the 6th round. 6th had 7th round picks are practice squad players. 

If the jets hit on every reasonably high draft pick they still can’t field 24 starters and 2 kickers. 

This is probably the worst roster situation they have been in as long as I can remember, maybe 20 years. 

JD could certainly take the position to restructure a lot of guys thinking he may not be here to suffer the consequences but will woody want to cut those checks to save him ?

The jets tax is higher than it’s ever been. 

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Wit said:

Hasn’t shown any signs of slowing down. So not sure where that comes from. He just had yet another great year with average QB play. 

Hasn’t shown any signs of slowing down. So not sure where that comes from. He just had yet another great year with average QB play. 

He’s 30; these guys slow down at 32 ish.

23 hours ago, derp said:

I think Fashanu at 10 is the best at least semi realistic case.

Don;t look at Lance Zuerliens mock draft, has the jets taking jc latham and passing on Fashanu who falls to Cincy at 18