Off-season Rumors + News aka Jets time to shine

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

At this point it seems more likely than not that mccarthy is going top 9.  So if you put 4 qbs and assume at least 2 wrs if not 3, that’s 6-7 players in the top 9 before any OL.  Seems like worst case the jets get fuaga, but if even 1 defender goes top 10 then the jets should get fashanu. 

If the Falcons do sign Kirk Cousins I can definitely see Atlanta going edge rusher in their spot. They need help on defense.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If the Falcons do sign Kirk Cousins I can definitely see Atlanta going edge rusher in their spot. They need help on defense.

I’m not concerned about the jets getting a good tackle at 10.  To me the big question now is, do they trade out?  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I’m not concerned about the jets getting a good tackle at 10.  To me the big question now is, do they trade out?  

I don’t know whether Fashanu is physical enough for JD.  I don’t know if Fuaga is good enough for 10.  

I can see the Giants picking JJ McCarthy.  He has Giant written all over him.  

The Jets need a second round pick.  Someone will want the leftover QB at 10. 

13 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It would absolutely be the most prudent thing to do to try to get back into the 2 nd round. As always, depends on their board. If one of their top 2-3 guys are there, not counting QB’s, who I doubt would  ever been in consideration due to AR., they may stand pat. 

Just now, varjet said:

I don’t know whether Fashanu is physical enough for JD.  I don’t know if Fuaga is good enough for 10.  

I think we’re all splitting hairs on the OL guys.  If this weren’t such a strong qb and wr class the jets wouldn’t have a shot at fashanu at 10 and maybe not even fuaga.  Fuaga to me seems like the classic RT, pretty good feet, good awareness and a mauler.  He’s a guy you want on your team.  Fashanu seems more like brick, who will be great in pass pro and decent as a run blocker.  Either would be fine.  The jets need tackles.  If they traded out they may still get one of these.  

Just now, section314 said:

It would absolutely be the most prudent thing to do to try to get back into the 2 nd round. As always, depends on their board. If one of their top 2-3 guys are there, not counting QB’s, who I doubt would  ever been in consideration due to AR., they may stand pat. 

If a qb is there at 10 the market for that pick should be there.  Also if a guy like rome is there at 10 i can see demand.  My guess is, assuming no real changes in OL perceptions, if fashanu is there at 10 that’s the pick.  Guys who are that natural at pass pro at LT are hard to find.  

If the best tackle available is fuaga, then maybe that’s when they would consider a trade.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think McCarthy is Daniel Jones#2. But not as good.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If a qb is there at 10 the market for that pick should be there.  Also if a guy like rome is there at 10 i can see demand.  My guess is, assuming no real changes in OL perceptions, if fashanu is there at 10 that’s the pick.  Guys who are that natural at pass pro at LT are hard to find.  

If the best tackle available is fuaga, then maybe that’s when they would consider a trade.  

I think if Odunze is there they run to the podium.😎

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

I don’t.  They need OL help more.  

Could be. Just doing some JN mock GMing here. My hunch is they only have Alt as a top 10 worthy OT pick., but three WR’s worthy of it. Figured Alt long gone if WR there, he’s the guy. In my trade down scenario, Alt and the top 3Wr’s are gone. Hope to trade down, get maybe an OT from your top 20-25 guys, and get a 2nd to address WR, which seems to be much deeper crop than OT. Who knows?

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If those are the guys they bring in then we’re not making the playoffs.  

If those are the ONLY guys they bring in, I agree. 

But, what if they sign Tyler Boyd and then draft someone like Malik Washington in the 3rd? And what if they sign Bakhtiari, but also sign Onwenu to play guard and draft another tackle (Fuaga?) at 10? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

If those are the ONLY guys they bring in, I agree. 

But, what if they sign Tyler Boyd and then draft someone like Malik Washington in the 3rd? And what if they sign Bakhtiari, but also sign Onwenu to play guard and draft another tackle (Fuaga?) at 10? 

If Boyd is wr2, that’s an underwhelming wr room.  But I’d rather focus on the OL than wr b/c the whole thing is dependent on rodgers anyway, so if you have a better OL you should have more time, better run stats and those jag wrs can do well.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Take Out The Trash GIF by CBC

Well, that de-escalated quickly.

Our targets have gone from Calvin Ridley and Tyron Smith to Tyler Boyd and David Bakhtiari, and we aren't even near legal tampering yet.

Can't wait to see our big signings actually become DJ Chark and Mekhi Becton.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

No one should be expecting savior FA signings.  

There is no way JD/AR8 is giving up on Lazard.  He was a 2023 FA with multiple options.  He signed a market contract.   The Jets are going to pretend that 2023 did not happen to Lazard and start over.  I give it 50/50.  

The key is getting impact players in rounds 1-3.  At least 2 players.  We should be trading something for that.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Well, that de-escalated quickly.

Our targets have gone from Calvin Ridley and Tyron Smith to Tyler Boyd and David Bakhtiari, and we aren't even near legal tampering yet.

Can't wait to see our big signings actually become DJ Chark and Mekhi Becton.

i  think Dov's hanging out on JN... I love Boyd, but this is only space i've heard his name come up. 

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

If Boyd is wr2, that’s an underwhelming wr room.  But I’d rather focus on the OL than wr b/c the whole thing is dependent on rodgers anyway, so if you have a better OL you should have more time, better run stats and those jag wrs can do well.  

This is one reason that I would love to take a WR at 10, but I just don't see us doing enough on the OL in FA to make that realistic 

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Paging Mr. Corey Davis. Please pick up the red courtesy phone.

• Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This is one reason that I would love to take a WR at 10, but I just don't see us doing enough on the OL in FA to make that realistic 

I’d be surprised if rome or naybers are there anyway.  And truth, they need OL help more than a wr.  I think Douglas loses any chance of staying beyond this season if he takes a wr at 10 and then the OL sucks again, esp. the tackles.  He’s pretty much boxed into taking a tackle and hoping he’s good as a rookie.  Then even if rodgers gets hurt again and they miss playoffs, if douglas stays i think he’ll get another shot at a qb. 

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I’d be surprised if rome or naybers are there anyway.  And truth, they need OL help more than a wr.  I think Douglas loses any chance of staying beyond this season if he takes a wr at 10 and then the OL sucks again, esp. the tackles.  He’s pretty much boxed into taking a tackle and hoping he’s good as a rookie.  Then even if rodgers gets hurt again and they miss playoffs, if douglas stays i think he’ll get another shot at a qb. 

Douglas is gone if they miss the playoffs and I'm a Douglas guy

but yea they are taking OL

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Saquon's dad is hoping for his son to sign with the Jets this off-season. Can't remember where I read that. 

His dad is a huge jets fan - has rooted for the jets both times they played Saquon, lol

Saquon also group up rooting for the green and white 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Saquon's dad is hoping for his son to sign with the Jets this off-season. Can't remember where I read that. 

Too expensive for us, I think.  We tried the expensive backup for Hall last year.  Barkley is a lot better than Cook, but I still can't see the Jets paying the price to get him.

If we go the veteran route, it's more likely someone like Alexander Mattison who could play the #2 role for cheap.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

His dad is a huge jets fan - has rooted for the jets both times they played Saquon, lol

Saquon also group up rooting for the green and white 

We probably not in his price range, but I would love for it to happen. If not I'll take Aaron Jones. lol