Aaron Rodgers leaving Jets to be VP of United States?

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And you know what they’ll tell Woody on the way out?

”Our HoF QB retired to go play election, you gave us an unofficial playoff mandate, refused to let us make a big trade, refused to allow us to draft a young franchise QB, all because you’re going to fire us for not making the playoffs, and want a situation where replacements can come in and be successful right away.  The entire league is going to hear how this went down.”

Tell me who you think is going to take this job and replace them?

There will be plenty of people willing to take a job paying millions of dolllars a year in a business with such a small window to get those top jobs. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jetkwondo said:

Didn't say I'd vote for him just that people tend to go off talking points rather then facts.

I took the time to listen to him which surprised me.

I Found out :

Kennedy first made a name for himself by litigating big business polluters for a small, centuries old, fishing community to clean up the Hudson river. He won and cleaned up the Hudson for the average Joe, so to speak.

After that success he was approached by mother's of sick children to take on a giant growing industry that harmed their children, which he first declined, but then reading their horror stories was moved to go on to win countless compensation judgments for the victims. 

He said he makes sure that everything he states is backed by peer reviewed studies which is why nobody has been able to sue him, nor do they want to debate him.

So based on that  I happen to respect him, that's all

Per his old colleagues Lieutenant General Mike Flynn used to be a good and reasonable man as well. Giuliani was once a hero of mine. A strange perversion of character occurs in these men sometimes, maybe age, maybe an desperate ego around their fading influence.  It’s odd and disheartening.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

There will be plenty of people willing to take a job paying millions of dolllars a year in a business with such a small window to get those top jobs. 

We’ve seen time and time again with this team that quality candidates will tell teams with bad situations to, basically, “**** off.”

In this hypothetical, I would love to see the “shocked pikachu” faces of all of the people here rooting for this to happen when every top GM and HC candidate withdraws their name from consideration for the job.  That would be my zen moment.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna be so bleak. If Rodgers bails, they’re gonna have to trade up to 8 and take McCarthy just to make things appear less tragic

And then the next GM is going to want his own QB.

• Upvote 1

Rodgers legit tripping as we type today lol

McAfee, whose ESPN show Rodgers has become quite a notorious guest on, said Rodgers was in Costa Rica on yet another ayahuasca retreat when the news broke.

"The world found out when that man was in Costa Rica," McAfee said on his show Wednesday afternoon.

Jordan Poyer posted a photo of himself and Rodgers at Playa Esterillos Este in Costa Rica. Both players have openly discussed their use of the drug, with the quarterback crediting his use of it to his MVPs in 2020 and 2021.

"They are ready to sit with the medicine," McAfee said.

"They said you don’t necessarily have to go attic and basement if you prepare for this entire thing. To be honest, thank you to Jordan Poyer for documenting this. That was a much nicer setup than whenever I heard these stories of the ayahuasca usage down in Costa Rica.

8 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Per his old colleagues Lieutenant General Mike Flynn used to be a good and reasonable man as well. Giuliani was once a hero of mine. A strange perversion of character occurs in these men sometimes, maybe age, maybe a desperate ego around their fading influence.  It’s odd and disheartening.

The key is not looking at everything through the lens of politics. 

7 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Rodgers also believes in Robert Saleh. 

I don't get how anyone can be surprised when these stories come out about him.

So do a lot of the players. Did you see the interview with Sauce? Just an ignorant comment.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

We’ve seen time and time again with this team that quality candidates will tell teams with bad situations to, basically, “**** off.”

In this hypothetical, I would love to see the “shocked pikachu” faces of all of the people here rooting for this to happen when every top GM and HC candidate withdraws their name from consideration for the job.  That would be my zen moment.

Yes.  But I'll ask the simple question.  Jets being turned down by the top candidates is going to happen anyway.   In this hypothetical situation - If AR quits to campaign - Woody Johnson will play a much bigger role in the decision making of the franchise.  It's just the reality of the situation.

And if JD and RS quit - Woody will find both a GM and HC to take their place - both those GM and HC's will be not better or worse than what they're going to be getting after this year anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  But I'll ask the simple question.  Jets being turned down by the top candidates is going to happen anyway.   In this hypothetical situation - If AR quits to campaign - Woody Johnson will play a much bigger role in the decision making of the franchise.  It's just the reality of the situation.

And if JD and RS quit - Woody will find both a GM and HC to take their place - both those GM and HC's will be not better or worse than what they're going to be getting after this year anyway.

Saleh and JD are riding out their contracts. Why would they quit?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And you know what they’ll tell Woody on the way out?

”Our HoF QB retired to go play election, you gave us an unofficial playoff mandate, refused to let us make a big trade, refused to allow us to draft a young franchise QB, all because you’re going to fire us for not making the playoffs, and want a situation where replacements can come in and be successful right away.  The entire league is going to hear how this went down.”

Tell me who you think is going to take this job and replace them?

Blocked or not, this guy is going off the rails now.

Are you for real? They do that they wouldn’t even get a job in the league cafeteria.

Jeez dude. You’re just doubling down on bullsh*t now.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Saleh and JD are riding out their contracts. Why would they quit?

Oh I agree.   @Mogglezsaid they would quit if Woody takes a major role in the off-season.

It's my position that if Rodgers leaves (which he won't) then Woody will have no choice but to play a bigger role in the off-season as the rebuild will start now instead of next year. The GM and HC are lame ducks and doesn't want them making major decision.

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna be so bleak. If Rodgers bails, they’re gonna have to trade up to 8 and take McCarthy just to make things appear less tragic

If we only had someone who could find out what’s really going on behind the scenes. You know, someone with guy(s)in the building.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Oh I agree.   @Mogglezsaid they would quit if Woody takes a major role in the off-season.

It's my position that if Rodgers leaves (which he won't) then Woody will have no choice but to play a bigger role in the off-season as the rebuild will start now instead of next year. The GM and HC are lame ducks and doesn't want them making major decision.

Yeah those guys ain’t quitting with guaranteed money coming in. 

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Is he saying that or is he saying that no one would come here if they do or if they were to be fired? The latter I kind of agree with. We’d be looking at high school coaches. 

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Is he saying that or is he saying that no one would come here if they do or if they were to be fired? The latter I kind of agree with. We’d be looking at high school coaches. 

The latter…kinda.  Stripping them of all power so they can play housekeeper for their replacements is effectively firing them so I said that they would probably resign.

We finally agree on something, lololol.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Isn’t Adam Gase a high school coach? 

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

So rodgers leaves to become a running mate.

tyrod changes his mind and doesn’t sign stating you guys are more f’d up than I thought

welcome back Zack. We have your back and have all the confidence in the world in you

@Matt39 is the smartest guy in this board. He has been telling us Zach is going nowhere 

We’re living in a world where Zach Wilson is probably laughing his as* off at the Jets right now. 
Fun times.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

RFKJ must be a Patriots fan. out of the 100 or so more qualified people he could name he names a guy who is still playing football with no political experience.

this guy is a joke.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh were, quite literally, the top of the top when they were hired.

If you’re of the opinion that the Jets might get turned down by some top candidates anyway, so they should cut their nose to spite their face and go nuclear, that is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

tyrod changes his mind and doesn’t sign stating you guys are more f’d up than I thought

welcome back Zack. We have your back and have all the confidence in the world in you

@Matt39 is the smartest guy in this board. He has been telling us Zach is going nowhere 

He’s still on the roster isn’t he

11 minutes ago, Trotter said:

John Candy No GIF by Laff

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh were, quite literally, the top of the top when they were hired.

If you’re of the opinion that the Jets might get turned down by some top candidates so they should cut their nose to spite their face and go nuclear, that is ridiculous.

Both were propped up as next men up. I don’t think they were in league circles considered top candidates. 

25 minutes ago, doitny said:

RFKJ must be a Patriots fan. out of the 100 or so more qualified people he could name he names a guy who is still playing football with no political experience.

this guy is a joke.

😂😂😂😂😂

Imagine the nerve of this guy, thinking about asking “your QB” to be his running mate!

Has he no shame?

• Haha 2

There's something so wrong with our organization. We have our best roster since 2010, but I don't think I've ever hated the vibe of the team this much. I'm just not excited at all, and that bothers me.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1