My guess at the Chance the Jets re-sign each of our current 17 Unrestricted Free Agents

55 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Me too. I wonder if part of it depends on how much they like the UDFA out of LSU they signed last year (Bernard-Converse)

Bernard-Converse was a 6th round pick for the Jets. Would have been a 3rd or 4th rounder if not for some injury concerns

• Upvote 1

With the emergence of Irv Charles as special teamer last year and the Jets signing Oliver (I can only assume for specials), and Hardee being kind of pricey for a guy who plays exclusively specials, I personally would not say - 85%  (He and Davis HAVE to be the Jets top 2 internal UFA targets) . IMO its closer to 15%. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, PepPep said:

With the emergence of Irv Charles as special teamer last year and the Jets signing Oliver (I can only assume for specials), and Hardee being kind of pricey for a guy who plays exclusively specials

That's a very good point

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

With the emergence of Irv Charles as special teamer last year and the Jets signing Oliver (I can only assume for specials), and Hardee being kind of pricey for a guy who plays exclusively specials, I personally would not say - 85%  (He and Davis HAVE to be the Jets top 2 internal UFA targets) . IMO its closer to 15%. 

Yup. I mentioned this in another thread. Irv Charles is likely our primary gunner going forward. Hardee likely wont be back. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

The Jets have 17 Unrestricted Free Agents.  What are the odds that the Jets will re-sign each of them?  I don't know. Here's a guess:

1. 14 Trevor Siemian QB 6-3 220 .........10% (If/when Wilson is traded, we will need a #3 QB)
  2. 15 Brett Rypien QB 6-2 202 Boise St..........0% (Signed with the Bears)
  3. 18 Randall Cobb WR 5-10 192 Kentucky.........5%  (Would be 0% if he wasn't AR's buddy)
  4. 77 Mekhi Becton OT 6-7 350 Louisville.........7%  (Seems likely he will sign somewhere else, but it's possible he comes back I guess)
  5. 54 Billy Turner OT 6-5 313 North Dakota St..........15%  (Depends on the draft, he might be an option later if he doesn't sign elsewhere)
  6. 60 Connor McGovern C 6-4 306 Missouri.........10%   (Will probably sign elsewhere, but I'd take him back on a reduced salary)
  7. 76 Duane Brown OT 6-4 329 Virginia Tech.........1%   (Not happening)
  8. 94 Solomon Thomas DL 6-4 256 Stanford......... 65%   (Didn't play bad last year and is a good locker room guy)
  9. 58 Carl Lawson DE 6-2 265 Auburn.........0%    (Not happening)
  10. 96 Al Woods DT 6-4 309 LSU.........5%    (Probably going to retire)
  11. 97 Jalyn Holmes DL 6-5 283 Ohio State.........75%    (I like Holmes a lot as a back up and don't see him getting big money elsewhere)
  12. 70 Quinton Jefferson DL 6-4 291 Maryland.........0% (Just signed with the Browns)
  13. 92 Ifeadi Odenigbo DE 6-3 258 Northwestern.........25%  (Another guy who could provide cheap depth if he's healthy and doesn't sign elsewhere)
  14. 52 Sam Eguavoen LB 6-0 236 Texas Tech .........55%  (Good special teamer and backup LB, hope we can get him back)
  15. 34 Justin Hardee CB 6-1 200 Illinois.........85%  (He and Davis HAVE to be the Jets top 2 internal UFA targets)
  16. 37 Bryce Hall CB 6-1 202 Virginia.........1% (Can't see him being offered any real money here - maybe elsewhere)
  17. 21 Ashtyn Davis S 6-1 202 California.........35%  (Seems to be drawing interest from other teams)

Billy Turner was a turnstile.  And you are giving him a 1 out of 6 or 7 chance of resigning him?  Do you want the Jets to continue to suck on the O line?

I hope Ashtyn Davis has a better than 35% chance of being back with the team.  He has finally developed into a fairly decent safety, and hits like a brick wall.  

we need to keep Davis. he is really good on ST and started to look good when he played Saftey. he always seems to get a TO. 

i would be surprised if JD let him go, especially since not only did he draft him but is the last man standing from his 2020 draft. best player from that draft too.

• Upvote 2

In what would be a sign of a big roster turnover, I think the only one of these guys to get brought back is Ashtyn.  

We have already acquired replacements for most of the listed, and we still have a bunch of draft picks.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Connor McGovern is like pocket lint. You keep cleaning  it out but it keeps coming back...

McGovern is a veteran center who can play at a competent level and only cost us $1.9 million last year, that is an incredible value and we should all pray that he wants to continue to live in NJ and will come back at that cost in 2024 to provide insurance behind Tippman.

• Upvote 2