“Zach Wilson will not be released and will be back with the Jets if not traded”- Woody Johnson

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Any chance it was Saleh's reluctance to go to the combine in an absolute must-win year?

I get not lovin the combine. First, only the top players are invited, and the scouting staff already has a bazillion hours of tape on all these cats. All the stats that come out, like 40 times, are published. Do you really need to watch a defensive tackle run 5.1 40?

Combine is more about socializing with other HCs, GMs, etc. Lots of evening parties goes on.

37 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Never believed he had a concussion...not for one second. He didnt want to play for the Jets anymore, his pride was hurt after the multiple benchings and the line was a shambles so he was thinking about his own future. 

Get rid of the kid and I dont care how. 

Does this work?

zach galifianakis circus GIF by BasketsFX

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

If it’s not Zach, it should be someone else then, but we can’t go into the season with two ‘almost retired’ QBs where our starter is coming off an achilles injury for a team with playoffs on the line.

Zach as a 3rd QB is likely our best bet at winning .500 if we are down to 3rd string QB for a few games. 

You put your 3rd QB on the practice squad unless it’s a draft pick.  

And no, Zach f**king Wilson isn’t our “best bet” at anything.  Enough with this.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I want to add here.  This remark by Woody demonstrates how his incompetence underpins all he organizations demonstrable disfunction.  From the office down to the results on the field.  

And this is only one single sample in what I am sure is a perpetual chain of inept exploits.

Who here is blind to the point of not understanding what the problem was, is and will be ???

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

I want to add here.  This remark by Woody demonstrates how his incompetence underpins all he organizations demonstrable disfunction.  From the office down to the results on the field.  

And this is only one single sample in what I am sure is a perpetual chain of inept exploits.

Who here is blind to the point of not understanding what the problem was, is and will be ???

I blame Hess for dying.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Never believed he had a concussion...not for one second. He didnt want to play for the Jets anymore, his pride was hurt after the multiple benchings and the line was a shambles so he was thinking about his own future. 

Get rid of the kid and I dont care how. 

I guess the concussion is a meter for debate.  Only Zach and the team doctors know for sure.  But at the same time is it so unusual for a player to not want to get beat up on nearly every play?  Self preservation is pretty rational.  No telling what his relationship was with the oline but they sure played a whole lot of matador pass protection.  I think it was better than many think because the pass protection didn’t improve much with Boyle or siemien.  And then it seems that saleh leveled the blame all on him ( or at least that’s how he interpreted it).  IMO saleh made the situation worse by benching him knowing full well the rest of the offense wasn’t pulling their weight.  And even looking at some of those games after the break, Lazard and uzomah turned in some pretty bad games.  Just where were the receivers belong gWilson?

im not against moving him off the team.  It’s plenty clear saleh doesn’t want him and it would be pretty hard to function as qb in that situation.  But let’s be clear here.  The bad offense was a team problem.

I had to rewrite this headline for this story

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_new_york_jets_talked_teams_out_of_trading_for_zach_wilson/s1_17068_40164434#:~:text=A New York Jets insider,a trade partner for Wilson.

"Report: New York Jets Talked Teams Out Of Trading For Zach Wilson"

My revision:

"Report: Trust Fund Dilettante Talked Teams Out Of Trading For Zach Wilson"

39 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

When Parcells was effectively Team President / Head of Football Operations, I think it was fine.

Current Team President Hymie Elhai is a what, a friend of the Johnson family, and a lawyer?

Woody comes off like a dork, but I doubt he meddles in everyday decisions.

Some stupid remark to the media doesn’t really matter.

To give you an example of what that actually looks like, David Tepper in CAR is that guy.

It’s not as if Woody Johnson gave JD an ultimatum to draft Zach Wilson.

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So, it is Patrick, Josh and then Zach?

I agree with the sentiment.  He has talent.  He has value.  The Jets need to move on like the 49ers, Patriots and Bears did.  

Each team did not haggle or did not haggle too much on trade compensation for a QB that was not going to be a part of their future.  

Move on.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

If Mr. Hess got a load of Woody before he passed away, I'm sure he'd prefer not to sell the team to our trust fund dolt

Who doesn't miss Leon Hess. Truly a great owner.

Mr.six.jpg

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Who doesn't miss Leon Hess. Truly a great owner.

Mr.six.jpg

LOLZ.  He was never the football guy. That was all taken care of by Werblin.  Not saying Sonny was a football guy.  If there was a job Sonny couldn't do, he'd find the guy who could and he'd glad-hand him and hire him.  Mr. Hess was finance. When Sonny left, Mr. Hess continued his original role, but the Jets lost their architect.  No one at the football controls until Tuna, though Kensil did have a huge hand in putting together some good Jets teams including Sack Exchange Jets. 

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

I guess the concussion is a meter for debate.  Only Zach and the team doctors know for sure.  But at the same time is it so unusual for a player to not want to get beat up on nearly every play?  Self preservation is pretty rational.  No telling what his relationship was with the oline but they sure played a whole lot of matador pass protection.  I think it was better than many think because the pass protection didn’t improve much with Boyle or siemien.  And then it seems that saleh leveled the blame all on him ( or at least that’s how he interpreted it).  IMO saleh made the situation worse by benching him knowing full well the rest of the offense wasn’t pulling their weight.  And even looking at some of those games after the break, Lazard and uzomah turned in some pretty bad games.  Just where were the receivers belong gWilson?

im not against moving him off the team.  It’s plenty clear saleh doesn’t want him and it would be pretty hard to function as qb in that situation.  But let’s be clear here.  The bad offense was a team problem.

I agree for the most part but my views on the points you made- 

1- is it so unusual for a player to not want to get beat up on nearly every play? No its human nature but this is football and that will be pervieved as quitting on your team while the team was down. Not exactly signs of a leader and that will burn you in the lockerroom even if the line was sh*t.

2- No telling what his relationship was with the oline but they sure played a whole lot of matador pass protection.- The line was HORRIBLE but he held on to the ball too long, in too many instances he didnt step up into the pocklet and he was too slow progressing through his reads, he was too slow to diagnose the defense. That meant the line has to hold longer, making them look bad and pissing them off. I wondered a time or too if they let one slip by to teach the brat a lesson.

3-  IMO saleh made the situation worse by benching him- Sorry but Saleh had to bench him. When everyone out there loses faith in the QB and EVERY player on the field believes he is holding them back you cant keep trotting him out there. You have to think about what is best for the whole squad and leaving him in there causes mental fatigue to spread amongst the whole team, they no longer believe you are making decisions in the best interest of the team just to protect one player.  

4-  Lazard and uzomah turned in some pretty bad games- These guys were horrendous individually no question...I think they at some point stopped making plays for him when he took too long to get through his progressions and get the ball to them. When they are running all over the field and get free only for the QB to not be looking their way until they are no longer free will build frustration and the people running routes will not work as hard for you.  

I think the team overall sucked monky bools but the kid did himself no favors and didnt endear his teammates to him despite what you saw in the press conferences. They didnt like Zack enough to play well for/with him in there. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You put your 3rd QB on the practice squad unless it’s a draft pick.  

And no, Zach f**king Wilson isn’t our “best bet” at anything.  Enough with this.  

Go through all of the NFL rosters and tell me which 3rd string QB gives us the best shot at .500 if inserted for 4 games. 

I hate him as much as you but I keep emotions out of the equation. 

• More Ugh 1

Just now, Jet2020 said:

Go through all of the NFL rosters and tell me which 3rd string QB gives us the best shot at .500 if inserted for 4 games. 

Generally speaking, woman don't do well at keeping emotions out of the equation

• More Ugh 1

11 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Case Keenum, C.J. Beathard, Tyler Huntley, Kyle Allen, Trey Lance and Brandon Allen are all better than Zach Wilson dude.  

And before you dispute the list….keep in mind each of those guys have thrown more TDs than INTs in their careers.  Zach can’t say the same.  The bar is subterranean here.  

And that’s before the draft when even more superior QB3s will emerge via demotions.  

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

From the #2 overall pick and “Mormon Mahomes” to the hands-down “best 3rd stringer in the league” 🤣

The bigger issue is nobody wants to pay their emergency QB 5.5M in salary 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

From the #2 overall pick and “Mormon Mahomes” to the hands-down “best 3rd stringer in the league” 🤣

The bigger issue is nobody wants to pay their emergency QB 5.5M in salary 

Which isn't even f**king true, lol.  Not one GM in the NFL would take Zach Wilson over Case Keenum in an instance where their top 2 QBs go down.  Not one.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1