“Zach Wilson will not be released and will be back with the Jets if not traded”- Woody Johnson

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I can’t honestly figure how anyone could come to this conclusion.  You think a players family could talk an owner into keeping a terrible player just because it fits your narrative?  The one that you’ve turned every thread into.   

You know why you’ve never seen anything like this before?  Because it would never happen.   

Open your eyes....this conspiracy goes deep.

1000_F_591431097_2LQnQeK72fb9qiFUoxL0AyOaUEbP1Ei4.jpg

59 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

A pretty desperate - and transparent - attempt to rebuild whatever little trade value Zach Wilson ever had.

He will not be on the roster when the season starts - I'd personally bet all of you guys' mortgages on that.

Uhhh....I will take that bet....half hoping you are right, half hoping you are dead wrong and I dont have to make that payment 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

A pretty desperate - and transparent - attempt to rebuild whatever little trade value Zach Wilson ever had.

He will not be on the roster when the season starts - I'd personally bet all of you guys' mortgages on that.

Agreed.  Zach isn't going to be back on the Jets next year.  I think that much is abundantly clear.  This is just Woody pretending he might keep him in an attempt to try to get a better offer (assuming there were any to begin with).

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I cannot believe anyone didn’t see this coming.

I did.  I completely did.  I completely predicted that Woody would not “write off his investment” and hold onto Zach rather than eat his salary.  This was completely predictable. 

The best part about 2024 as a Jets fan has been that those of us who suspected that Woody was a meddling imbecile were vindicated.  This team is going no where with Woody pulling the strings.  It is hopeless, and he is involved in EVERYTHING the Jets do.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

I’d love to buy a house or a car from some of you guys 😂😂😂

Exactly.  It's so transparent that Zach will not be back on the Jets next year.  This is Woody being coached to say they might bring him back.   When he actually spoke the truth, he said we didn't have a backup QB on the roster last year.

33 minutes ago, extmenace said:

In theory, they could stash him on the practice squad, right? And if a team try’s to claim him, they’d have to pick up his contract? I think this has more to do with the money owed than the compensation….

You have to cut a player before you can re-sign him to the practice squad, you can't just move him onto the PS.

If the Jets were to cut Zach, he would just sign for another team at the minimum and the Jets would be on the hook for the remaining guaranteed money he is due this season.

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

I did.  I completely did.  I completely predicted that Woody would not “write off his investment” and hold onto Zach rather than eat his salary.  This was completely predictable. 

The best part about 2024 as a Jets fan has been that those of us who suspected that Woody was a meddling imbecile were vindicated.  This team is going no where with Woody pulling the strings.  It is hopeless, and he is involved in EVERYTHING the Jets do.  

Woody plays dumb but he just might have been the architect of this grand plan. @Matt39 Who are the players in this?

1000_F_565846927_3nzq51d8SnTFlUkIH3ViD8p7IA5yMYkC.jpg

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

lmfao

I think you’re looking at this wrong.    This is woody aka Les Nessman of Wkrp in Cincinnati.   Telling you the Jets won’t be drafting a Qb in the draft this year.    His Gm - A Rodgers doesn’t want them to, and if you have Zach Wilson as third Qb . Your Qb room is full. 

16 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

I think you’re looking at this wrong.    This is woody aka Les Nessman of Wkrp in Cincinnati.   Telling you the Jets won’t be drafting a Qb in the draft this year.    His Gm - A Rodgers doesn’t want them to, and if you have Zach Wilson as third Qb . Your Qb room is full. 

You root for an interesting franchise to be insulting the looks of other NFL owners.

• Haha 4

I honestly don’t think how anyone could walk away from these latest comments and not believe Zach’s family has influence here. I have never seen anything like this. 

If Wilson's family/associates had any influence, they would have found a way to get him out of NY before the end of last season.  No one wants out more than Wilson,  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

If Wilson's family/associates had any influence, they would have found a way to get him out of NY before the end of last season.  No one wants out more than Wilson,  

Wilson would actually have to make another roster based on performance though. If a team trades for him they’re going to make him play in preseason and earn a roster spot, which is already guaranteed on the Jets. It’s become an enemy you know situation. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

omg that's creative & have never seen the reference before. Also we appreciate the explanation that it's that dipshit Woody who resembles Les Nessman. Also to further ensure no confusion, those of us unarmed with an internet connection needed to know he was a character from WKRP. Like:

"It's Feldman.....................from across the hall!"

image.png

Ohhhhh.... that Feldman.

• Haha 2

lmfao

HA...........HA.........HA......

thats too all those who laughed when some of us told you that Woody is involved with the QBs.

its JD fault for drafting Zach.....its JD fault for making Zach Rodgers backup.....its JD fault..........

NO ITS WOODYS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!! he doesnt want to get rid of this kid for sh*t!!!!

and another LMAO to those who didnt think Woody was behind Rodgers, just like he wasnt behind Favre.

the proof is right there. when it comes to QBs Woody is making the decisions.

so no more blaming JD if Zach is still on this team and gets into a game. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Zach has progressed every year and was never given an offensive line worth anything. I don't think he is our future and I do think he will be traded away but I also think we may regret it later on.

I think this is incorrect.  Biblically incorrect. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wilson would actually have to make another roster based on performance though. If a team trades for him they’re going to make him play in preseason and earn a roster spot, which is already guaranteed on the Jets. It’s become an enemy you know situation. 

What now? 

Is there any cap advantage in cutting him pre or post June 1st? 

If not, take your emotions out of this...Taylor is the backup..They'll draft someone. ZW or the drafted QB become QB 3...That is if there aren't QB injuries during training camp/preseason and a team comes calling. 

If ZW finishes out '24 - he leaves via FA and is part of the '25 UFA class and becomes part of the compensatory picks formula.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

You have to cut a player before you can re-sign him to the practice squad, you can't just move him onto the PS.

If the Jets were to cut Zach, he would just sign for another team at the minimum and the Jets would be on the hook for the remaining guaranteed money he is due this season.

Got ya. That’s right. What about emergency qb rule? Probably another way they could hold him without him taking a game day roster spot.

3 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Got ya. That’s right. What about emergency qb rule? Probably another way they could hold him without him taking a game day roster spot.

He wouldn't take a game day roster spot, but he would still take an actual roster spot and the rest of the team would still have to look at him sulking on the end of the bench in uniform. 

• Upvote 4

To look at it another way:

• Zach is like a 5th round pick or later lottery ticket at this point, if someone signs him in FA in 2025.   If Woody is paying his $5.5mm guaranteed salary already, why not roll the dice?
  • What is a draft pick worth?  I would have paid the draft pick for Sam Howell and save money on Tyrod Taylor.  Most disagree.   So is a 5th+ round draft pick worth $1mm.   Presumably, even if someone swapped 7th round picks for Wilson and assumed $1mm of his salary, Woody saves $1mm.  Woody is saying that they would rather spend the $1mm to potentially get what could be a 7th round draft pick.  Like in Purdy territory. 
  • The Wilson slide keeps getting worse.  In 2023 we said the 2nd pick could not be a starter and should not be a back up.  He was not good enough to be a back up.  Is he good enough to be QB3?  We will soon find out.  
  • With Rodgers and Taylor, the Jets need QB3 on the roster.   Rodgers and Taylor, together, will not play 17 games.  Zach will start 4 of them.  He will look good in one, decent in two, and horrible in one.  Hopefully that gets him a contract.  With this roster he will win 2 of those 4 games.  His style actually fits with the other two QBs.  

Can we just be happy that they recognized woodys faux pas and attempted to correct it?

If there is an actual trade offer it’s 99.675% going to be a 2024 conditional pick. That means he’s probably gone before the draft. 

If not then he’s cut 6/3