Talk of Bowers at 10 Picking up Steam; Looking at Day 3 QB’s

On 4/13/2024 at 8:36 AM, Augustiniak said:

And yet every year we have among the most toxic of locker rooms.  Go figure. 

Based on what? 
Team was ravaged by injuries, got screwed backwards at QB and never quit.  
Nothing about that locker says toxic or especially one of the most toxic.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Imagine this: there are several great players in this draft and I don’t know who will be on the board at 10.

Shockingly controversial, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

would think a generational hall of fame talent is not someone you would pass up.  

obviously we don't know who will be on the board.  that goes without saying when discussing who the jets may target at 10.  who are the great players you would advocate taking over bowers?

2 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Kincaids pacing from week 7 and on was around 85-90 for 850-900 yards over a 17 game span... He also almost had 4 100 yards games and took over diggs spot as the number one target. 

His double teams were a massive reason Shakir had the same production as diggs despite half the targets of diggs( in the second half of the Year)... In fact the emergence of Kincaid in essence exposed diggs to some extent and Davis. It's why the bills cleared out their wr room except for Shakir and a upside wr in Shorter. 

The bills wrs in diggs and Davis were 64th and 67th in separation rate, near the bottom in yac and were number one in drop % since week 11. 

I guarantee you buffalo is not only trading up for a wr, but also drafting another wr and probably signing/ trading for another 

I’m with you. If Kincaid was my #1 target and he was getting 49 yards a game and not scoring, I would absolutely prioritize getting two new receivers to push him down the pecking order. 

Josh Allen throwing to Aiyuk is a terrrifying prospect and probably gives the Bills a top five offense in football next year. And when you mix in all the Dalton Kincaid double teams, it’s probably a top five offense in football next year. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Josh Allen throwing to Aiyuk is a terrrifying prospect and probably gives the Bills a top five offense in football next year. And when you mix in all the Dalton Kincaid double teams, it’s probably a top five offense in football next year. 

How dare you 

• Haha 2

Brock Bowere newest knock is how 1/2 his catches were behind the LOS or close to it.

Which if anything just shows how he should be used if you ask me. Furthermore…. I know both these guys are FAs after this year. But with 2 big bodied WRs in MW and Lazard. A guy that catches the ball and is a threat in space. Is perfect for us.

Yes speed is great and all. But there’s multiple ways to win. Bowers is a mismatch for most. CBS and Ss too small. Most LBs aren’t quick enough. A guy like Gipson isn’t a mismatch for a secondary.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Brock Bowere newest knock is how 1/2 his catches were behind the LOS or close to it.

Which if anything just shows how he should be used if you ask me. Furthermore…. I know both these guys are FAs after this year. But with 2 big bodied WRs in MW and Lazard. A guy that catches the ball and is a threat in space. Is perfect for us.

Yes speed is great and all. But there’s multiple ways to win. Bowers is a mismatch for most. CBS and Ss too small. Most LBs aren’t quick enough. A guy like Gipson isn’t a mismatch for a secondary.

Counterpoint: every LB in this draft class is 6’0, 225 lbs. That’s who Bowers and the Georgia OL were running all these TE screens against. If he tries that foolywang in practice against Quincy Williams, they’ll be picking pieces of Bowers out of the Florham Park turf like he was a Gilgo Beach prostitute.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

So like, I don't know much about these analytics - what does projected AV per game* mean?

But like, I do know something about a player I don't want to draft being on a list with other trash players and this is glorious.

I believe it’s a reference to fantasy points

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Counterpoint: every LB in this draft class is 6’0, 225 lbs. That’s who Bowers and the Georgia OL were running all these TE screens against. If he tries that foolywang in practice against Quincy Williams, they’ll be picking pieces of Bowers out of the Florham Park turf like he was a Gilgo Beach prostitute.

Meh Destiny 2 GIF by DestinyTheGame

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean some of his best games were against what is pretty much the Texans starting LB crew. Which is none as a top unit. And a unit with speed.

He literally was playing against NFL caliber slabs most weeks in college for 3 whole years and no one could stop him.Once again a lot of these points on him that people make against him are weak. As if he came from a smaller school that didn’t play anyone like BYU 😜

Bowers dominated the best of the best in college football from the second he stepped on the field as a freshman.

If he’s so easy to stop why does no one with nfl talent stop him? Bama, Ohio State, TCU, Ole Miss, Michigan, Auburn, etc.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean some of his best games were against what is pretty much the Texans starting LB crew. Which is none as a top unit. And a unit with speed.

He literally was playing against NFL caliber slabs most weeks in college for 3 whole years and no one could stop him.Once again a lot of these points on him that people make against him are weak. As if he came from a smaller school that didn’t play anyone like BYU 😜

Bowers dominated the best of the best in college football from the second he stepped on the field as a freshman.

If he’s so easy to stop why does no one with nfl talent stop him? Bama, Ohio State, TCU, Ole Miss, Michigan, Auburn, etc.

This is hyperbole, no? He lit up Florida and Kentucky, but those programs are in deep disarray. Had a nice game against Bama as a freshman, but was clamped up this year. 
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/brock-bowers-1/gamelog/2021/

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Backup Lineman

Number 10 guy or trade back later in first lineman would compete to start, and or will def have a hell of a lot of playing time, and more importantly have big impact on the game protecting Aaron or run blocking. Pretty much def of positional value.

And why drafting a guy who will have zero effect over necessity at the line is foolish 

34 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

Chris Simms is very high on Bowers, feels he definitely lives up to the hype... ranking him compared to the top WR's in the draft he sees him being at #4 or 5 , the same level as Odunze ... 

🤣🤣 Fatcesa agrees.  (Paraphrasing):

”There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind Bowers will be everything you want in a TE, one of the greats at the position…”

What I want to know is will the hamstring be healed by training camp 😂

1 hour ago, jetblue95 said:

would think a generational hall of fame talent is not someone you would pass up.  

obviously we don't know who will be on the board.  that goes without saying when discussing who the jets may target at 10.  who are the great players you would advocate taking over bowers?

I'd take Malik Nabers, Marvin Harrison Jr., and Rome Adunze over Bowers. But there are several other players I really like who can be found in mid/bottom round one and two that I'd love to have in green. My preference is to trade down from 10 to acquire a second round pick, even if Bowers is on the board.

If that offer is on the table, I'd pass on Bowers and would use my top two picks to address WR/OT in rounds one and two. If for some reasons Bowers was still on the board after my trade down, I'd take him + OT in round two. But if Bowers is gone, I'd be happy if my #10 pick turns into a combination of JC Latham/Amarius Mims/Taliese Fuaga + a WR like Brian Thomas Jr, Adonai Mitchell/Troy Franklin/Ladd McKonkey.

I don't think Brock Bowers is worth more than a combination of players above, but I love him as a prospect and won't complain if there are no good trade-down offers and we draft him at 10. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Number 10 guy or trade back later in first lineman would compete to start, and or will def have a hell of a lot of playing time, and more importantly have big impact on the game protecting Aaron or run blocking. Pretty much def of positional value.

And why drafting a guy who will have zero effect over necessity at the line is foolish 

Lineman might compete with Warren as swing tackle.

IMO it’s a false narrative that any rookie we draft would compete with Moses.

Let’s be real. Rodgers doesn’t want a rookie out there Protecting him.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets draft Bowers, the first names of the starting TEs in the AFC East will be: Brock, Durham, Hunter, and Dalton. I try to stay optimistic, but that’s a country in decline, mac. 

Sounds like a PBR lineup

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m with you. If Kincaid was my #1 target and he was getting 49 yards a game and not scoring, I would absolutely prioritize getting two new receivers to push him down the pecking order. 

I don't think it's mutually exclusive... Which makes me want to get bowers more

I actually think Bowers is a little bit better and if that's true, his impact will be better than any wr

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If they get Aiyuk I still see the jets winning the division. 

If they traded for Aiyuk and got Harrison jr or the other top 3 wr prospects, then I would be scared for the NFL... 

I don't know if that's possible but that actually scares the crap out of me 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

If they get Aiyuk I still see the jets winning the division. 

If they traded for Aiyuk and got Harrison jr or the other top 3 wr prospects, then I would be scared for the NFL... 

I don't know if that's possible but that actually scares the crap out of me 

Ain't happening so you can remove your diaper.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Ain't happening so you can remove your diaper.

I'll relax after the draft is over. I still think their GM is going after one of the top 4 wrs minimum. 

Is it really impossible for them to get in the teens and draft Thomas jr after getting Aiyuk? Idk. 

I know this, if Buffalo gets Aiyuk and Thomas jr and we draft a OT who won't start i want Douglas fired

58 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

I'll relax after the draft is over. I still think their GM is going after one of the top 4 wrs minimum. 

Is it really impossible for them to get in the teens and draft Thomas jr after getting Aiyuk? Idk. 

I know this, if Buffalo gets Aiyuk and Thomas jr and we draft a OT who won't start i want Douglas fired

When I was a kid I would like to pretend that I was a dinosaur. You're and adult and like to pretend you're a Jets fan.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Lineman might compete with Warren as swing tackle.

IMO it’s a false narrative that any rookie we draft would compete with Moses.

Let’s be real. Rodgers doesn’t want a rookie out there Protecting him.

Yeah but Moses could hit a wall, or any of the guys could get hurt...and def will at some point doe that first rounder will def play a lot of snaps. Aside from him just swinging in. Again position is worth more than te