Zach traded to Denver [merged]

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It ruined 3 years of my Jets fandom, that’s for sure.  Least entertaining QB I’ve ever seen here and the dude got 33 starts here to demonstrate it.  His own teammates didn’t defend him, he was that bad and unlikable.  

Not to mention his tenure made this place a toxic waste dump for those 3 years.  

We all know how this is going to go. I don't even have to say anything and the next poster will predict exactly what I and every jets fan is thinking after Sean Payton traded for this bum. 

On 5/11/2024 at 12:58 PM, Warfish said:

You don't draft a 1st round QB to have him sit behind one of the biggest bust QB's in NFL history.

Nix will start.  Wilson will be lucky to make the active roster, or the roster at all.

You and I both know this is not happening. You know Deep down what's going to happen... 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Most embarrassing #2 pick in NFL history other than maybe Ryan Leaf

They let a good man and quality coach in LaFleur take the fall for ZW

Nope. Note even the worst  QB at #2 overall. Leaf as you mention, and then there is also Rick Mirer. Time to move on.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It ruined 3 years of my Jets fandom, that’s for sure.  Least entertaining QB I’ve ever seen here and the dude got 33 starts here to demonstrate it.  His own teammates didn’t defend him, he was that bad and unlikable.  

Not to mention his tenure made this place a toxic waste dump for those 3 years.  

We went through the living hell of the Maccagnan regime(s), Gase comes in and kamikaze cleanses the decks for a proper rebuild, they get the A1 young coach of the hiring cycle along with a hot young OC who’s going to bring the Shanahan system here, and then they poison pill the whole ******* project with a tiny QB they scouted over Skype whom any rational person could see was going to get steamrolled in this market on a team that’s never shown an ability to develop a young QB, much less one from the upscale burbs of Utah. It was like winning World War Three only to turn around and hand the presidency to history’s most emo sixth grader. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We went through the living hell of the Maccagnan regime(s), Gase comes in and kamikaze cleanses the decks for a proper rebuild, they get the A1 young coach of the hiring cycle along with a hot young OC who’s going to bring the Shanahan system here, and then they poison pill the whole ******* project with a tiny QB they scouted over Skype whom any rational person could see was going to get steamrolled in this market on a team that’s never shown an ability to develop a young QB, much less one from the upscale burbs of Utah. It was like winning World War Three only to turn around and hand the presidency to history’s most emo sixth grader. 

If jd remains the gm, and my hunch is that he’s here for the foreseeable future, it will be interesting to see how he handles the qb position in his remaining drafts.  Does he avoid a ZW repeat and only draft qbs like travis and look to bring in savvy vets to handle the offense, while freeing up those premium draft picks to take tackles, wrs and edge rushers?

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If jd remains the gm, and my hunch is that he’s here for the foreseeable future, it will be interesting to see how he handles the qb position in his remaining drafts.  Does he avoid a ZW repeat and only draft qbs like travis and look to bring in savvy vets to handle the offense, while freeing up those premium draft picks to take tackles, wrs and edge rushers?

Gotta guess Douglas’s plan—such as it is—is to mollify Rodgers enough to keep him here for two more years and hope enough things break right that they get a Super Bowl this year or next. After that, the contracts become untenable and everything is a rebuild. Granted, unless you’re the Chiefs, that’s every teams’ plan, but Douglas is in a tougher spot because his foot is on a banana peel with Woody. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gotta guess Douglas’s plan—such as it is—is to mollify Rodgers enough to keep him here for two more years and hope enough things break right that they get a Super Bowl this year or next. After that, the contracts become untenable and everything is a rebuild. Granted, unless you’re the Chiefs, that’s every teams’ plan, but Douglas is in a tougher spot because his foot is on a banana peel with Woody. 

Many of these players are fungible, and if you get the key spots right you can sustain competitiveness.  Ultimately as we know all too well you need to find a decent qb in the draft and if you don’t you’re importing expensive alternatives. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I doubt that JD is leaving any time soon. We have more talent on this team now than we have had in over a decade. Has he been perfect?? No.. But the biggest mistake he made has cast a poor light on his overall performance. If he had a decent qb even with that line we have a winning season. That would change the narrative quite a bit.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

Oops, quoted the wrong post. My bad... Eyes aren't what they use to be.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas is in a tougher spot because his foot is on a banana peel with Woody. 

I don’t believe this. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Nope. Note even the worst  QB at #2 overall. Leaf as you mention, and then there is also Rick Mirer. Time to move on.

What makes you think Mirer is (historically) worse than Wilson?  Mirer produced better and his teams won more.  They're both huge busts, no question, but I'd say Wilson is the worse of the two.  It's certainly close. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, slats said:

I don’t believe this. 

You don’t think so? At some point, Hymie Elhai is going to slide a spreadsheet across Woody’s desk showing him all the cash they’ve burned in the past six years with zero return and start asking some questions. We’ve already seen Woody issue a public rebuke of both Douglas and Saleh, and both guys need extensions after the year. I think the Jets go 10-7 or so, so they *should* be safe, but if they slip up even a little bit? 

22 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

We have more talent on this team bow than we have had in over a decade.

1. Super low bar, and Douglas has been the GM for over half of that decade.

2. I think we feel this roster is more talented than it is almost entirely because Rodgers is currently on it. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You don’t think so? At some point, Hymie Elhai is going to slide a spreadsheet across Woody’s desk showing him all the cash they’ve burned in the past six years with zero return and start asking some questions. We’ve already seen Woody issue a public rebuke of both Douglas and Saleh, and both guys need extensions after the year. I think the Jets go 10-7 or so, so they *should* be safe, but if they slip up even a little bit? 

Anything can happen if it all goes off the rails this season, but I think that -at a bare minimum- Joe Douglas is safe. The roster is better than solid and if the team is not successful, that blame will likely fall to the coaching staff. Also think JD has operated like a man who expects to be here next year. He had three fourth round picks at one point and traded himself almost entirely out of the round - including for a third next year. That’s not the type of move a man who thinks he’s on the hot seat is going to make. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

What makes you think Mirer is (historically) worse than Wilson?  Mirer produced better and his teams won more.  They're both huge busts, no question, but I'd say Wilson is the worse of the two.  It's certainly close. 

First, wins are a team stat.

Stats: Mirer first, Wilson second:

Comp % :53.3, 57

Int%: 3.7, 2.5

TD% 2.4, 2.3

Y/attempt: 5.9,  6.3

Pass Y /Game: 149.6, 185.1

Rate: 63.5, 73.2

Quibbling between 2 bottom feeders here, but my stat comparison leans Wilson.

Edit:, Oh and looking at team record when they were qb, Mirer 24-44, Wilson, 12-21, So Wilson edges him there too.

5 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Lets Go Eating GIF by BYU Cougars

It's still absolutely mind-blowing that the Jets ever convinced themselves that this little boy was worthy of being picked #2 overall in the NFL draft.

Nobody has cracked the code on QBs. It's the hardest position in sports to scout 

23 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Stats: Mirer first, Wilson second:

Comp % :53.3, 57

Int%: 3.7, 2.5

TD% 2.4, 2.3

Y/attempt: 5.9,  6.3

Pass Y /Game: 149.6, 185.1

Rate: 63.5, 73.2

Edit:, Oh and looking at team record when they were qb, Mirer 24-44, Wilson, 12-21, So Wilson edges him there too.

If wins were a team stats the same QBs wouldn't be in the playoffs every year. Winning is absolutely a QB stat

A more accurate way to say it is wins don't fully tell the whole picture of QB performance. But the best QBs are always winning. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Indeed, I said that all the time during Zach's tenure.  It was the Zach believers who regularly claimed otherwise or cited "wins" as to why Zach was really secretly good.

Which is why I said it the way I did, i.e. "his team" won more games.

18 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

A few points of completion percentage to Zach, a bunch more passing TD's to Mirer, back and forth, both trash. 

As you say, we're talking two of the biggest busts in NFL history here.  Trying to debate which flavor of poo is "better" is silly, they're both still poo.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Indeed, I said that all the time during Zach's tenure.  It was the Zach believers who regularly claimed otherwise or cited "wins" as to why Zach was really secretly good.

Which is why I said it the way I did, i.e. "his team" won more games.

A few points of completion percentage to Zach, a bunch more passing TD's to Mirer, back and forth, both trash. 

As you say, we're talking two of the biggest busts in NFL history here.  Trying to debate which flavor of poo is "better" is silly, they're both still poo.  

Some people live and die on the "QB Rating" stat, which Wilson has a significant (in terms of percentage advantage) in that category. As well, passing yards/game. Everything else is statistically irrelevant, except for Int percentage. Mirer coughed the ball up.

You also have to consider that Wilson's career is not over (or maybe is not over). So the story is not totally written.  Given druthers at this time, I would have to give the current lean to Wilson.

Not sure why you tried to lead me with a stat (wins), in your first statement, when you don't consider that relevant. 🤨

1 hour ago, Testaverde9819 said:

If wins were a team stats the same QBs wouldn't be in the playoffs every year. Winning is absolutely a QB stat

A more accurate way to say it is wins don't fully tell the whole picture of QB performance. But the best QBs are always winning. 

Wins were the only pro-Zach argument his defenders could make, even as he finished 12-21 (well, really 13-21, as he “won” the week 1 2023 game).

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wins were the only pro-Zach argument his defenders could make, even as he finished 12-21 (well, really 13-21, as he “won” the week 1 2023 game).

In his defense he didn't have many weapons. And a terrible offensive line.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trent dilfer had the worst 3 playoff games I've ever seen. He won a Superbowl. Dan fouts never even played in a Superbowl 

Another dumb coping argument is " well its about situation" " if he was here he wouldn't be that guy". 

It's just a cope

Elway, Staubach, Mahomes, Marino, Brady, Brees, Manning, Big Ben, Allen, Burrow , Favre

They all would have been great anywhere. You might see less success from one degree or another, but they all would've been great anywhere. 

• Upvote 2