Zach traded to Denver [merged]

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Btw Denver had until this Thursday to pick up Zach's 5th year option which would have cost them over 22 million. As expected they declined so he'll be a free agent in '25.

I think he may be hitting the market before then

• Haha 3

I think he may be hitting the market before then
You never know .. after preseason he could be traded depending on injuries.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

You never know .. after preseason he could be traded depending on injuries.

lol to who?  Everyone else has their QB1-3 slots filled bruh.  

Take a team like, say, the Browns.  They could lose Watson to a catastrophic injury tomorrow and they’d still have Winston, Tyler Huntley and Dorian Thompson-Robinson filling out the depth chart.

Meanwhile, guys like Will Grier, Jaren Hall, Jake Fromm and Kellen Mond, all of which who are probably no worse than Zach, are all currently QB4s.

Zach finally goes to a situation where he's not given the job there will be a QB competition. And he won't be at the top of the list the player Denver will have the most invested in is their first round pick so if any favoritism it will be in his favor. Just the way it was for Zach 3 years ago. But to Zach's advantage he'll go to an org with better coaching and offensive strategy and one of the top HCs on the O side. I have no doubt that Payton will play him if he wins a job and he'll have a chance. 

10 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Btw Denver had until this Thursday to pick up Zach's 5th year option which would have cost them over 22 million. As expected they declined so he'll be a free agent in '25.

I don't think anyone would even sign him for free.

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Zach finally goes to a situation where he's not given the job there will be a QB competition. And he won't be at the top of the list the player Denver will have the most invested in is their first round pick so if any favoritism it will be in his favor. Just the way it was for Zach 3 years ago. But to Zach's advantage he'll go to an org with better coaching and offensive strategy and one of the top HCs on the O side. I have no doubt that Payton will play him if he wins a job and he'll have a chance. 

Great post. One thing you forgot to mention, Zach Wilson is a terrible QB and won't win the competition and therefore will be unemployed likely by the time the season starts. Other than that, again, great post! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

I don't think anyone would even sign him for free.

2 hours ago, Falco21 said:

Great post. One thing you forgot to mention, Zach Wilson is a terrible QB and won't win the competition and therefore will be unemployed likely by the time the season starts. Other than that, again, great post! 

BUT HE’S SECRETLY GOOD, GUYS

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Falco21 said:

Btw Zach's last start he was AFC Player of the Week. So he's not a total bust. And Payton feels he has talent not enough talent to pay him 22 million but he'll have I think a fair shot to make their team. To say he has zero chance and basically should hang them up at this stage of his career is a joke. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Btw Zach's last start he was AFC Player of the Week. So he's not a total bust. And Payton feels he has talent not enough talent to pay him 22 million but he'll have I think a fair shot to make their team. To say he has zero chance and basically should hang them up at this stage of his career is a joke. 

Oh sh*t, I totally forgot he was AFC Player of the Week in his last start.

That changes everything. 

• Haha 2

On 4/30/2024 at 9:23 AM, Warfish said:

In my view, one of the Jets problems the past 15 or so years is we draft a QB when we shouldn't, and don't draft one when we should (we often led to then drafting one when we shouldn't).  Passing in 2017 because they really liked the 2018 class is an example.

Of course, we also just flat out draft the wrong QB's too.    

This is just another in a long list of symptoms of a regime that has no idea what they are doing with the QB position. We have thousands and thousands of posts about how bad ZW sucks, yet very very few on the regimes that are the culprit in the real problem. ZW is gone and we still harp on ZW and let the clowns in charge carry on

15 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

....let the clowns in charge carry on

I've been quite critical of JD (and Saleh, and the O-Co's) during their tenures.

But I have no control over if he continues or not, so "let" is the wrong word.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Why does that make him not a total bust?  lol. 

Sam Darnold got one of those once, too.  Is he not a total bust?  He's on his 4th team and the Vikings traded up for a QB just so they'll only see him hit the field for as minimal a time as possible this year.  And Darnold was better than Zach Wilson here....

The Panthers traded a 2 and a 4 for Darnold and handed him the 5th year option.

The Broncos traded a 6th for Zach and a 7th and declined the option.

This is what a learning curve looks like, folks. 

• Haha 1

This thread lay dormant for a couple days, then something changed on Tuesday. What was it? I’m pretty sure it wasn’t all the alleged Zach Wilson fans looking to reopen the defense of their hero. Must’ve been something else. 

20 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Meanwhile, Bo Nix family is somehow trapped in a 1970s sitcom time warp.

WATCH: Denver Broncos select QB Bo Nix with 12th-overall pick in 2024 NFL  Draft

OMG!  Are they in Vault 33? (Fallout reference)

Look: 'Fallout' series coming to Prime Video in 2024

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

This thread lay dormant for a couple days

Did it? 

1 hour ago, slats said:

, then something changed on Tuesday. What was it?

Denver officially declined his 5th year option today, which is news.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Denver officially declined his 5th year option today, which is news.

Yes, along the lines of Water Is Wet, full report at 11. 

And you can look at the previous page. No posts in this thread from Saturday night until Tuesday morning. 

Just now, slats said:

Your disinterest, or our collective expectation, does not nullify it being an actual news report.

I'm curious why you care if others want to talk about it?  Apart from your moderation duties (such as they are), there really is no requirement for you to read the jibber-jabber if it bores you.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slats said:

And you can look at the previous page. No posts in this thread from Saturday night until Tuesday morning. 

I see that now, and the first post says "I see this thread wisely got unlocked.".

So I presume the reason it was idle was because it was locked by someone.  But shrug, no idea.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Denver officially declined his 5th year option today, which is news

Of course it is news!  No doubt about it!  But it is expected news, since picking up Zach's 5th year option would amount to over $22M dollars.  This, for a guy who will be fighting for a spot on the team. 

Had the Broncos picked up Zach's 5th year option, it would have made Headlines around the country!!  Because it would have been one of the stupidest decisions made by a team in a very long time!  LOL

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I'm curious why you care if others want to talk about it?  Apart from your moderation duties (such as they are), there really is no requirement for you to read the jibber-jabber if it bores you.

I edited that post before you replied, so I do you hope go back one page and take a look. I have no problem with people having a discussion about anything they want to discuss, no matter how I may come off (blanket apologies for that). The problem I have is when some poster(s) just wants to get under people’s skin for their own amusement. Let’s push this guy ‘til he breaks, haha. Some good natured ribbing is fun and expected and I enjoy taking part in that myself, but when the intent is to be compulsively and repetitively insulting in search of a reaction, then my moderation duties (such as they are) might come into play. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I see that now, and the first post says "I see this thread wisely got unlocked.".

So I presume the reason it was idle was because it was locked by someone.  But shrug, no idea.

It was locked for less than an hour when it was getting overheated with posts of the type I mentioned in my previous post. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Reported this morning on NFL Radio, as likely expected by one and all here, that Denver has declined the 5th year option on Zach Wilson.

When I saw it, it was a rumor., but makes way more sense than them actually trading for him. 

• Upvote 1