Zach traded to Denver [merged]

44 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Darnold didn't " suck". He's just not a franchise QB. He's at best a bridge qb

Zack Wilson might be the worst QB I've ever seen. And I'm not being funny. It was absolutely disgusting watching the offense with Zach. Like that weird 70s movie clockwork orange when they force him to watch movies 

Absolutely brutal. Can't imagine what Douglas was thinking watching Zach in real time 

Darnold was awful.  His last season w us he threw 9 tds and 11 picks.  The following year in Car, he threw 9tds and 13 picks.  Sam Darnold more than sucks.

Id say Darnold is a waaaay bigger bust than zach.  Darnold was a much better prospect coming out.  Zach went to byu.  You knew it was going to take awhile for him to be ready to play in the nfl.

So I will ask the question again.  Being that both darnold and zach suck, why is darnold labeled a “nice kid” by jet fans snd there is just pure hatred for zach?

• WTF? 1

If Darnold " sucked" he still wouldn't be getting starting opportunities. 

Now again, Darnold has pretty much proven at this point that at his best he's probably just a bad to meh bridge qb. He's can have moments where he goes beyond just looking decent in a functional offense. Sometimes he looks like a starting QB in the NFL...

Zach Wilson couldn't even be functional. Like the basic rudimentary stuff, throwing a swing pass or a proper check down was hard and looked weird. Almost like he was trying to play QB instead of just ripping it.

Darnold has moments or strings of games where he is better than just a functional QB 

Getting a first down with a slant pass with Zach was like watching Moses part the red sea. Can you imagine how Wilson felt....

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Now again, Darnold has pretty much proven at this point that at his best he's probably just a bad to meh bridge qb. He's can have moments where he goes beyond just looking decent in a functional offense. Sometimes he looks like a starting QB in the NFL...

Zach Wilson couldn't even be functional. Like the basic rudimentary stuff, throwing a swing pass or a proper check down was hard and looked weird. Almost like he was trying to play QB instead of just ripping it.

Darnold has moments or strings of games where he is better than just a functional QB 

Getting a first down with a slant pass with Zach was like watching Moses part the red sea. Can you imagine how Wilson felt....

I think the difference between Darnold and Zach is that Darnold was legitimately tough (former high school LB) and a good soldier. Zach was a nice kid, but tissue soft both physically and mentally and everyone knew it. 

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

To expand on this… Darnold was a young man who kept grinding through adversity… Zach is a bitchy little boy who has his mom to come to his defense. 

Darnold has been given second chances. Zach is only with the Broncos because of Sean Payton’s weird fixation on rubbing Hacketts nose in sh*t. Hack must’ve banged his wife.

Payton is going to smush Zach into the earth there. He already referred to his QB room as “orphaned dogs” and is faking a meritocracy thing where they each get “an equal shot.” Nix and Stidham are football hardos and Zach is, well, you know. He likes to get back home and go skiing with the family. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Payton is going to smush Zach into the earth there. He already referred to his QB room as “orphaned dogs” and is faking a meritocracy thing where they each get “an equal shot.” Nix and Stidham are football hardos and Zach is, well, you know. He likes to get back home and go skiing with the family. 

Not a coincidence he’s in Denver. 

6 hours ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Zach sucks and someone wanted him so bad they traded for him.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think the difference between Darnold and Zach is that Darnold was legitimately tough (former high school LB) and a good soldier. Zach was a nice kid, but tissue soft both physically and mentally and everyone knew it. 

Darnold was tough physically?  Hahahahaha.  He was hurt all the time.  

Darnold was tough mentally?  Hahahaha.  He was whining about seeing ghosts on national tv.

Still, no one has legitimately answered the question as to why an awful and bigger bust in Darnold gets “nice kid” in every post about him and zach only gets hate.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

One key difference between these qbs is that after 3 years, much of the nfl blamed darnold’s poor performance on the jets, whereas after 3 year the nfl has already written zach wilson off as crap.  Part of this is b/c that offensive roster with darnold was just putrid, while wilson had some nice pieces and enough to work with to show he could at least be salvageable.  If wilson had been in darnold’s position with that offense, though, i still doubt he gets that much of a draft hall in return.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold was tough mentally?  Hahahaha.  He was whining about seeing ghosts on national tv.

Still, no one has legitimately answered the question as to why an awful and bigger bust in Darnold gets “nice kid” in every post about him and zach only gets hate.

Because Wilson was lazy and wasn’t like by his teammates 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach sucks and someone wanted him so bad they traded for him.

Soooooo bad they gave up … checks notes …. Oh, haha, you’re just saying stupid sh*t again.

• Upvote 2

Imagine waking up one day and thinking, “ I’ll prove Zach Wilson didn’t suck by pointing out he was better than Sam DArnold, but without evidence… instead I’ll use…. Opinions!!!”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Zach Wilson was traded from the New York Jets to the Denver Broncos on April 22, however, he hadn’t shared his reaction to the deal until Thursday, May 23.

During a five-minute interview with Denver media, Wilson described the situation as “bittersweet.”

“Yeah, obviously there are bittersweet moments in everything. I was grateful for my experience there and the guys, I miss the guys out there and everything too. At the same time, a fresh start is good and I’m excited to attack a new challenge,” Wilson said.

A Parting of the Ways Was in Everyone’s Best Interest

Wilson is clearly ready for a new chapter and so are the Jets.

As this painfully obvious split was dragging on throughout the offseason, the question was raised about Wilson potentially sticking around in 2024.

General manager Joe Douglas refused to touch that topic at the Annual League Meeting instead saying there was plenty of offseason left for a move to happen.

After the trade happened ahead of the draft, members of the Jets organization were ready to turn the page and didn’t want to discuss the Wilson situation any further.

The Jets came as close to giving Wilson away as an NFL team possibly can. New York flipped a 2024 seventh-rounder for a 2024 sixth-rounder. Plus the Jets and Broncos split the remaining $5.5 million tab that was owed to Wilson this season. Each team ends up paying $2.75 million, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Broncos head coach Sean Payton is using the way the Jets treated Wilson on the way out as a form of motivation.

“It’s kind of the orphan group. They’re all orphan dogs,” Payton said when describing his quarterback room via Tom Dierberger of Sports Illustrated.

When Wilson was asked about that description, he took it in stride.

“I mean we’ve gone through it, right? You can see why it has been three years of tough challenges but at the end that’s what makes you stronger. You just need someone to believe in you, believe in yourself, and being able to just keep working hard and getting better,” Wilson responded.

A reporter followed up by asking if he were an orphan dog, what kind of dog would he be.

“I’m a husky guy. I like huskies. I’ve got a couple of huskies at home. Tender loving,” Wilson said.

Another QB Addition Could Be Coming for the Jets This Offseason

New York is down to four passers after cutting ties with rookie QB Colby Suits on May 22.

However two of the passers are older players (Aaron Rodgers and Tyrod Taylor), one is coming off of a devastating injury (Jordan Travis), and the other one is an unproven UDFA rookie (Andrew Peasley).  

Speaking on “Boy Green Daily on May 23, The Athletic’s Zack Rosenblatt had this to say on whether the Jets need to add another arm to make it through the offseason.

“I think that’s a fair question. They do like to have four quarterbacks,” Rosenblatt said. He explained if Rodgers/Taylor/Peasley are healthy and Travis is ready by camp they will ride with what they have.

“It wouldn’t shock me if they brought in an arm at some point. It wouldn’t be anything big, it would be just some guy you’ve never heard of probably. Just to have another arm in there,” Rosenblatt explained. However, he did throw out the possibility of the Jets bringing back fan favorite Chris Streveler.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I literally wrote that Zach was a “nice kid.” As for the toughness, Darnold hung in the pocket and took a beating. Zach Wilson ran Benny Hill-style orbital arcs in retreat from the pocket because he treated any physical contact like it was a death sentence. 

If anything I still root for Darnold and watch him if I can. 

I was upset about it not working out. The 18 QB class was awesome and it still pisses me off. 

43 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

If anything I still root for Darnold and watch him if I can. 

I was upset about it not working out. The 18 QB class was awesome and it still pisses me off. 

Just not in London (if he plays).

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It’s my expectation that Darnold will still be in the league after Zach’s career is over. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes they have you just don’t seem to like the answer.

1) Darnold said the right things, never blamed the org (who set him up for failure) and hung tough getting the crap kicked out of him. Zach was entitled rich kid who rubbed everyone he came into contact with the wrong way, was soft as Charmin and quit on the team while his mom whined on social media.

2) The team Darnold came into was dogsh*t. He was throwing to Deonaty Burnett as his number one option and Adam Gase was brought in to save him. Zach on the other hand almost single handedly undermined an otherwise successful rebuild to the extent that his teammates printed T-shirts with the backups face on them and Saleh basically had to undermine his own credibility by vouching for the kid. Worst first round QB of the 21sr century and the worst Jets draft pick of all time.

• Post of the Week 1

On 5/24/2024 at 11:19 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold and Zach both sucked for us.  Yet every Darnold post gets a “great kid” thrown in there while zach gets mostly hatred.

Why is this?

Darnold was also a significantly better player than Zach 

• Upvote 2

On 5/25/2024 at 12:24 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Darnold was awful.  His last season w us he threw 9 tds and 11 picks.  The following year in Car, he threw 9tds and 13 picks.  Sam Darnold more than sucks.

Id say Darnold is a waaaay bigger bust than zach.  Darnold was a much better prospect coming out.  Zach went to byu.  You knew it was going to take awhile for him to be ready to play in the nfl.

So I will ask the question again.  Being that both darnold and zach suck, why is darnold labeled a “nice kid” by jet fans snd there is just pure hatred for zach?

Way to cherry pick stats.  Sam had a horrible roster and head coach his last season here.  He also never had a WR who was even in the same planet talent wise as Garrett Wilson

5DE6DD1D-B263-41CE-B22A-03860E6007FE.jpeg.54f1e47999a82fbd915c2c8504904723.jpeg

Was he good? No but he was much better than Zach with a dumpster fire coach and roster. If Zach had Sam’s stats his first 2 years here we’d never hear the end about how great Zach Wilson is. And Sam will do way better this upcoming season than Zach who I predict will at some point before next January get cut

• Upvote 2