We still happy about that win against the Patriots? Poll

We still happy about that win against the Patriots?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. We still happy about that win against the Patriots?

• Rome Odunze and lose to the Patriots
    • Olu Fashanu and win against the Patriots

3 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

This.

I am good with the L.

The Cardinals could have done to the Patriots what Daniel Jeremiah said the Jets could do to the Vikings before the Vikings traded a couple of picks to move up one spot.

You don't feel the pain of only being 15-1 (instead of 16-0) against us?

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You don't feel the pain of only being 15-1 (instead of 16-0) against us?

I felt pain when it was:

Superbowl wins:

Jets - 1

Patriots - 0

I feel pain for 18-1.  I cannot imagine how the players feel about it.  Or the mere mention of 1986 World Series.

Last year it was fairly obvious the Patriots needed a new QB.  I was pissed when the Patriots beat the Steelers and there is no other team I loathe more.  I was in full "stack the Ls" mode for a chance at a better QB.

36 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

I felt pain when it was:

Superbowl wins:

Jets - 1

Patriots - 0

I feel pain for 18-1.  I cannot imagine how the players feel about it.  Or the mere mention of 1986 World Series.

Last year it was fairly obvious the Patriots needed a new QB.  I was pissed when the Patriots beat the Steelers and there is no other team I loathe more.  I was in full "stack the Ls" mode for a chance at a better QB.

I was being sarcastic.

• Upvote 1

I would have preferred Odunze but I’m not up in arms about Fashanu. If he hits, nobody is talking about this 10 years from now.

Even last year, if McDonald hits, nobody is talking about Broderick Jones.

Got to hit on these 1st rounders though. Just keep stacking quality picks.

12 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Also gotta factor is where the pats would have drafted. Would they have gotten maye?

True. New England wouldnt have picked a QB. Or maybe they get JJ instead.

If Maye sucks, it sets them back years. Had they been picking a little lower, maybe they trade back for a haul.

Too many unknowns to really care one way or the other. 

12 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

We would have been picking 7th and taken Odunze. Similar to when the Jets won last game of the season and took

Calvin Pryor instead of Odel Beckham. Yes Jets wanted Odel and would have been picking ahead of the Giants.

I'm not sure this poll is going the way you expected.

Olu is a fine pick and looks to be a solid building block.  Sure, having Garrett Wilson and Rome Odunze would be great, but having zero OTs next season and counting on Tyron Smith and Morgan Moses to play 34 combined games seems this year would be an atrocious plan.

Let's move on...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

It's only going to matter if Maye turns into a franchise QB instead of the bust a lot of people are predicting. NE is going to be a tough place for any rookie QB. The head coach doesn't seem like a long term solution, so it's probable that Maye has a totally new OC in the next year or two. Their current OC from CLE didn't do Mayfield any favors and has only had one good year with vet QBs. The roster needs a lot of work and their new GM is a question mark for sure. Very likely Maye spends 2024 running for his life developing bad habits. 

I'm completely fine with Fashanu. Even if he doesn't turn out to be Brick 2.0, I firmly believe the Jets would have gone OT regardless of the W-L record. Can't say for sure Douglas wouldn't have traded back and taken Fashanu anyway and whether the additional capital from trading back from a higher position would have a material impact on the franchise.

Programs win, not high draft picks. Good programs build competitive teams year in year out. Regardless of where they pick in the draft, getting a haul in a trade, etc. They shrewdly draft & develop talent from throughout the draft. 

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, DarthVitreous said:

If you like instant gratification, you like the win against the patriots. 

If you understand how instant gratification is fools gold, you realize how a loss was really a win. 

What if we like an NFL where playoff seeding is determined by wins in legitimate games instead of by wins down the stretch against teams that are trying to lose?