We still happy about that win against the Patriots? Poll

We still happy about that win against the Patriots?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. We still happy about that win against the Patriots?

• Rome Odunze and lose to the Patriots
    • Olu Fashanu and win against the Patriots

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm happy with Olu but I still wish we lost.  We could've traded down and gotten a haul.

No-one was trading up for a haul this year, so not sure I'd agree with this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

No-one was trading up for a haul this year, so not sure I'd agree with this.

We absolutely could've gotten something if we wanted to move down from pick 5 or 6 (wherever we would've been).

2 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

We win meaningless games at the end of every year to establish a winning culture 

that’s why we’re such a strong franchise 

Have you been enjoying the win all offseason?  I know that I have!  It's like we won the Super Bowl!  We're now 1-15 (instead of 0-16) against the Pats in our last 16.  It really changes everything!

#UndefeatedIn2024

8 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

We would have been picking 7th and taken Odunze. Similar to when the Jets won last game of the season and took

Calvin Pryor instead of Odel Beckham. Yes Jets wanted Odel and would have been picking ahead of the Giants.

Well Cooks was available and they opted for Louisville Slugger. So no I am not 100% sold they wanted a Odel.

13 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

We win meaningless games at the end of every year to establish a winning culture 

that’s why we’re such a strong franchise 

Ask the players if any games they play in are "meaningless".

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

We would have been picking 7th and taken Odunze. Similar to when the Jets won last game of the season and took

Calvin Pryor instead of Odel Beckham. Yes Jets wanted Odel and would have been picking ahead of the Giants.

The good news is that obj is still a free agent we can have him if we want him.

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm happy with Olu but I still wish we lost.  We could've traded down and gotten a haul.

How many trades were there In the top 10? The Chargers were open and got nothing. The cost to move up would was prohibitive for many teams.

Fans have to bitch about something.  It’s like they have amnesia.  In the limited time Rodgers had as our starter he was running for his life every play until he tore his Achilles.  Tyron Smith is not healthy all year let’s be honest.  Morgan Moses is older now.  This was the smart move.  Plus we gained assets to move up to get a weapon.  Not sure why the uproar 

9 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

So, if I have this correctly, pro athletes are supposed to lie down and purposely lose, for, ummm, possible draft pick slots which are lottery tickets?

• Upvote 3

True although we hit a good haul for simply moving down 1 spot 
It was a good trade, but when I read "haul" I'm thinking Day 2 picks this year, possibly next year Day 1. No-one was giving up a king's ransom.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Yeah I never understood the tank supporters.  Players aren’t intentionally going to try and suck.  

I hear from the tank brigade that "smart organisations" know how to tank properly.

I guess Houston aren't "smart" after playing their way out of the #1 pick overall. Must have sucked to be them last year, watching "smart" Carolina. :D  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

True although we hit a good haul for simply moving down 1 spot 

It wasn’t a haul. It was a good trade bc it didn’t change who we’d pick. But value wise it was nearly exactly what we should’ve got. JD didn’t get more than what a trade value chart says we should 

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, jamesr said:

It was a good trade, but when I read "haul" I'm thinking Day 2 picks this year, possibly next year Day 1. No-one was giving up a king's ransom.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Of course.  I’ve just see. Some people say we should’ve lost to the Pats and would’ve gotten a haul moving down from 11 which wasn’t going to happen 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It wasn’t a haul. It was a good trade bc it didn’t change who we’d pick. But value wise it was nearly exactly what we should’ve got. JD didn’t get more than what a trade value chart says we should 

You’re taking the word  haul too literally.  I’m not suggesting it was the time of haul we would’ve gotten if we trade number 2 in 21.  I just meant good trade 

45 minutes ago, Claymation said:

How many trades were there In the top 10? The Chargers were open and got nothing. The cost to move up would was prohibitive for many teams.

It doesn't mean trades weren't close.  Or maybe teams really liked the players they had available to them (e.g. the Chargers and Joe Alt), and would only move down for an outrageous sum.

26 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

So, if I have this correctly, pro athletes are supposed to lie down and purposely lose, for, ummm, possible draft pick slots which are lottery tickets?

"You guys suck so bad, I want you to lie down and play even worse, against our hated opponent, so I can get better replacements for you next year".

:D 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Below I ordered Breece Hall's carries (from most to fewest) by game.  

Which game did Breece Hall get 37 carries in (his most for a game by far)?  Which game did he get 20 carries in (his 3rd most of the year)?  Hint: we were eliminated from the playoffs before the start of both of those games.

Enjoy this win all offseason!

EDIT:

I get they wanted Breece to get 1,000 yards but the morons on our staff screwed up and he only got 994 (making the whole charade even more ridiculous)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HallBr03/gamelog/2023/

image.png.77c4ee966ec03923894dd69d2b92520e.png

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It doesn't mean trades weren't close.  Or maybe teams really liked the players they had available to them (e.g. the Chargers and Joe Alt), and would only move down for an outrageous sum.

I'm not buying it.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Of course.  I’ve just see. Some people say we should’ve lost to the Pats and would’ve gotten a haul moving down from 11 which wasn’t going to happen 

A team with an ongoing/current reputation for being a pathetic joke. Have them lose a game on purpose, so the players know it, too -- the current players and also any FAs you're trying to attract.

It's a ridiculous idea that a team tanks - not even to ensure the #1 pick in what's deemed as a one-QB draft, mind you - and then have no impact on attracting talented veterans. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Below I ordered Breece Hall's carries (from most to fewest) by game.  

Which game did Breece Hall get 37 carries in (his most for a game by far)?  Which game did he get 20 carries in (his 3rd most of the year)?  Hint: we were eliminated from the playoffs before the start of both of those games.

Enjoy this win all offseason!

EDIT:

I get they wanted Breece to get 1,000 yards but the morons on our staff screwed up and he only got 994 (making the whole charade even more ridiculous)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HallBr03/gamelog/2023/

image.png.77c4ee966ec03923894dd69d2b92520e.png

There wasn't even a contractual bonus that Breece was playing for.  LMAO!

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/jets-breece-hall-statistics-math-mistake/626762

The good news is that unlike some other players, there was no contractual bonus riding on Hall’s achievement or lack thereof. Things would have been a lot more awkward otherwise.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There wasn't even a contractual bonus that Breece was playing for.  LMAO!

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/jets-breece-hall-statistics-math-mistake/626762

The good news is that unlike some other players, there was no contractual bonus riding on Hall’s achievement or lack thereof. Things would have been a lot more awkward otherwise.

Contrast that to Izzy's game logs against the Commanders (9 carries) and Pats (3 carries).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AbanIs00/gamelog/2023/

image.png.8bb01a96cd4b15a17439845baed9129b.png

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We could've traded down for a haul.  Plus the Pats would've gotten a worse pick. 

And the change in draft position wouldn't just apply for the 1st round.  It would've been for every round.  That win against the Pats was still awful.  And Saleh ran Breece 37 times to win that game.  He couldn't even give Izzy a shot.  Still so disgusted with Saleh.

This.

I am good with the L.

The Cardinals could have done to the Patriots what Daniel Jeremiah said the Jets could do to the Vikings before the Vikings traded a couple of picks to move up one spot.

• Upvote 1