Tua Absent From Off-season Activities - Contract. Update: Tua Growing Impatient

Where are all the media hot takes about Tua being a bad leader? Missing OTAs in June is pretty much like a late term abortion, no? 
Same as baby killing on Miami Beach.

But...its not the Jets so it's all good.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

• ESPN’s Adam Schefter said the Dolphins “want to pay” Tua Tagovailoa, but at a “fair market value.”

As Schefter pointed out on NFL Live, the market for quarterbacks has seen a massive shift in recent weeks, with Jared Goff and Trevor Lawrence recently signing massive deals. According to Schefter, the Dolphins and Tagovailoa are now left to figure out “what is the proper value for a quarterback of [Tagovailoa’s] abilities,’ which could leave him on the shorter end of some of the deals we’ve seen given to quarterbacks as of late. Tagovailoa led the league with 4,624 passing yards last season and added another 29 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. He’s currently set to play out 2024 on the fifth-year option that was picked up last offseason, but Schefter believes a deal will eventually get done between the two sides. If Tagovailoa wants a deal similar to those of Goff and Lawerence, it’s possible he’ll need to play out this final year and prove to the Dolphins’ front office he’s worth that kind of commitment.

• Haha 1

On 6/27/2024 at 7:32 AM, ARodJetsFan said:

• ESPN’s Adam Schefter said the Dolphins “want to pay” Tua Tagovailoa, but at a “fair market value.”

As Schefter pointed out on NFL Live, the market for quarterbacks has seen a massive shift in recent weeks, with Jared Goff and Trevor Lawrence recently signing massive deals. According to Schefter, the Dolphins and Tagovailoa are now left to figure out “what is the proper value for a quarterback of [Tagovailoa’s] abilities,’ which could leave him on the shorter end of some of the deals we’ve seen given to quarterbacks as of late. Tagovailoa led the league with 4,624 passing yards last season and added another 29 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. He’s currently set to play out 2024 on the fifth-year option that was picked up last offseason, but Schefter believes a deal will eventually get done between the two sides. If Tagovailoa wants a deal similar to those of Goff and Lawerence, it’s possible he’ll need to play out this final year and prove to the Dolphins’ front office he’s worth that kind of commitment.

Translation: they are trading him at the deadline 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Miami has been looking for a qb since Marino.  They finally find one and treat him like this.  Hysterical.

Pay the guy a shade under what Herbert got.  This isnt rocket science.  He proved he can stay healthy last year.

There is a reason the dolphins havent won a playoff game in 2 decades.  Just a dumb, dumb franchise.

Tua is not that good and has a scary injury history.  Any semi decent qb is putting up stats with Tyreek Hill consistently getting behind defenses, Waddle and McDaniels calling the plays

i never got the hype about Tua even in college. I thought he was a glorified Baker

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Tua is not that good and has a scary injury history.  Any semi decent qb is putting up stats with Tyreek Hill consistently getting behind defenses, Waddle and McDaniels calling the plays

i never got the hype about Tua even in college. I thought he was a glorified Baker

He led the league in passing yards last year.  Yeah, hes not good.

26 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I remember being told Stafford only put up numbers because of Megatron.  

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its laughable.  Tyreke has been better w/ tua then he was w/ mahomes.

Tua is a very good qb and very good qbs get around $52 mill a year.

Dolphins as usual are blowing this.

Hell, maybe it's just me, but I'd just be happy to have drafted a QB that's worth re-signing.

I guess that shows us how bad the Jets have really been, in that department.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Hell, maybe it's just me, but I'd just be happy to have drafted a QB that's worth re-signing.

I guess that shows us how bad the Jets have really been, in that department.

We did it w/ Pennington.  He was the next Joe Montana but once he tore the labrum in his throwing shoulder, he was never the same.

Maybe Jordan Travs is the guy.  We will see.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We did it w/ Pennington.  He was the next Joe Montana but once he tore the labrum in his throwing shoulder, he was never the same.

Maybe Jordan Travs is the guy.  We will see.

He still managed to take the Dolphins to the Play-offs and played quite well that particular year.

That said, Penny was definitely injury prone.

• Upvote 1

On 6/26/2024 at 6:26 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

That and the data shows he’s like a Ferrari in the warm weather/early months of the season, then turns into an ‘87 LeBaron in the 2nd half.  

I doubt Miami thinks you can realistically win a road outdoor playoff game with him.  

Do you see two LeBarons? I don’t see two LeBarons. I’m the number one son.IMG_9622.jpeg.209c53cd4858baf017d4d68d40ba4db7.jpeg

• Haha 1

Miami is not in a very good cap situation right now. Sure, for this year they have $16M in cap space but for 2025 -without Tua under contract- they’re already over the projected cap by $9M. And that’s with Tyreek making less than he’d like to be making, too. Yeah, I know, the cap is a myth and all, and they’ll certainly be able to field a team next season, but it’s gonna be hard to keep that roster together if/when Tua is averaging $50M+ a year. 

And Tua will get paid. If not by the fish, then someone else, but probably the fish. You can make the argument that playing in a favorable climate with that arsenal around him pumps up his stats -and I’d agree- but he’s (unfortunately) been very good since he came into the league. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

Miami is not in a very good cap situation right now. Sure, for this year they have $16M in cap space but for 2025 -without Tua under contract- they’re already over the projected cap by $9M. And that’s with Tyreek making less than he’d like to be making, too. Yeah, I know, the cap is a myth and all, and they’ll certainly be able to field a team next season, but it’s gonna be hard to keep that roster together if/when Tua is averaging $50M+ a year. 

And Tua will get paid. If not by the fish, then someone else, but probably the fish. You can make the argument that playing in a favorable climate with that arsenal around him pumps up his stats -and I’d agree- but he’s (unfortunately) been very good since he came into the league. 

The future for Miami...

6396497273ee4.image.jpg

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

If the Chiefs put Mahomes on the block, teams would line up to trade 3+ first round picks for him. Same with Herbert, Josh Allen, even Lawrence. If the Dolphins called any team in the league and asked for two ones for Tua, would any other team take them up on it? Probably not. He’s small, has a severe injury history, and a glaring lack of physical tools. That Dolphins team almost beat the Bills in Buffalo in the playoffs with Skyler Thompson. Dolphins should absolutely walk away from him if negotiations get sh*tty. 

5 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

List of teams Tua had over 300 yards passing last season: Patriots, Giants, Raiders and Broncos (and once against the chargers who were 29th in passing yards allowed per game)

List of qbs who had more passing yards than Tua last year:

Oh wait…..there is none.

• Haha 1