ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

14 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Zach threw the ball far enough (45+ yards) and and accurate enough for the WR to catch it and tumble into the End Zone. As Bill Walsh once said 'if I see a guy do something once and can coach him to do it all the time'. And Sean Payton seems determined to build off of what Zach does right.

Did you see that TD Pass from Zach to Nate Adkins on the 4th and Goal from the 1 Yard Line ? When he came to the line Zach saw he had a mismatch on the Right Hand Side of the Line and flipped the ball to Adkins. There wasn't a Defender within 10 Yards of Adkins. It was a thing of beauty. Overall Zach showed by his play last Sunday that underneath the warts lies a Complete Quarterback. Zach scrambled for 15 yards and a 1st down on 3rd and long. He ran a quarterback sneak for a touchdown and ultimately was involved in plays that scored 31 of Denver's 38 points on the day.

And this is what Sean Payton sees. All he has to do is clean-up Zach's warts and he has a complete QB.

Now why can't the Jets do that ?

Are you referencing a preseaon game? 

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Zach threw the ball far enough (45+ yards) and and accurate enough for the WR to catch it and tumble into the End Zone. As Bill Walsh once said 'if I see a guy do something once and can coach him to do it all the time'. And Sean Payton seems determined to build off of what Zach does right.

Did you see that TD Pass from Zach to Nate Adkins on the 4th and Goal from the 1 Yard Line ? When he came to the line Zach saw he had a mismatch on the Right Hand Side of the Line and flipped the ball to Adkins. There wasn't a Defender within 10 Yards of Adkins. It was a thing of beauty. Overall Zach showed by his play last Sunday that underneath the warts lies a Complete Quarterback. Zach scrambled for 15 yards and a 1st down on 3rd and long. He ran a quarterback sneak for a touchdown and ultimately was involved in plays that scored 31 of Denver's 38 points on the day.

And this is what Sean Payton sees. All he has to do is clean-up Zach's warts and he has a complete QB.

He threw the ball enough for any starting DB in the league to pick it off. That the WR happened to make a miraculous catch doesn't make it accurate. 

Sean Payton cleaned up Zach's warts enough to make him a third string QB? By your logic, Sean Payton is actually ruining him, because last year the Jets promoted him from a 2nd string QB to the starter on a SB caliber team! 

Anyway, you've gotten me to waste 3 posts in this thread. You win this thread but not the argument. Zach has proven time and again that he is hot garbage on the football field.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, WestCoastMole said:

This is satire, right?

Because he plays for Denver now?

Well, and because you're so full of sh*t I can smell you from three States away, lol.

"Complete QB", lol, lol, lol.  Epic trolljob.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Plen T said:

Zach had some impressive performances when he was with the Jets in Regular Season Games.

Remember the Giants Game last year when he rallied the team from a deficit in the closing minutes of the game to eek out a win ?

Or against Steelers in 2022 when he pulled off the same feat ?

Those are just 2 games I can think of off the top of my head.

3 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

We saw Zach do the job very well for a good stretch in that KC game last year.  That was a big part of my argument that he could (at least potentially) be coached up to do that on a regular basis.  I don't think there are many Hackett defenders (other than AR8) and I can't imagine anyone thinks Saleh is Andy Reid when it comes to offense.  So putting aside our horrible OL and WRs (other than GW), our CS was also another complete mismatch for what ZW needed.

I still want to see what ZW can do with good coaching and a competent group of teammates on the offensive side of the ball.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

im just curious as to what the end game is for Sean Payton? what does helping to make Zach a complete QB do for him?

they pick Nix 12th. if the Plan was for Zach to stay in Denver and be the QB they would have used that pick on anybody else but a QB. Zach is gone next year. if he and his agent are smart they go to a team where he could start. not a team that just drafted a QB.

Bo Nix is who Payton wants to succeed, who he wants to be a complete QB. not some 3rd string QB who MIGHT get into a game this year. 

how much attention do you think HCs and OCs give to the 3rd string QB? in Denvers case with a 12th pick QB, Bo Nix is going to get all the recourses that they have. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

im just curious as to what the end game is for Sean Payton? what does helping to make Zach a complete QB do for him?

It feeds his enormous ego.  He wants to prove to everyone how wonderful he is, for fixing a QB that the Jets were incapable of fixing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We saw Zach do the job very well for a good stretch in that KC game last year.  That was a big part of my argument that he could (at least potentially) be coached up to do that on a regular basis.  I don't think there are many Hackett defenders (other than AR8) and I can't imagine anyone thinks Saleh is Andy Reid when it comes to offense.  So putting aside our horrible OL and WRs (other than GW), our CS was also another complete mismatch for what ZW needed.

I still want to see what ZW can do with good coaching and a competent group of teammates on the offensive side of the ball.  

I concur with statement. I expect that Sean Payton and the Bronco's Offensive Coaching Staff will furnish Zach with a far different experience than what he had in New York, even if he is riding the bench for the first half of the season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

they pick Nix 12th. if the Plan was for Zach to stay in Denver and be the QB they would have used that pick on anybody else but a QB. Zach is gone next year. if he and his agent are smart they go to a team where he could start. not a team that just drafted a QB.

Bo Nix is who Payton wants to succeed, who he wants to be a complete QB. not some 3rd string QB who MIGHT get into a game this year. 

how much attention do you think HCs and OCs give to the 3rd string QB? in Denvers case with a 12th pick QB, Bo Nix is going to get all the recourses that they have. 

Especially since Zach’s contract expires after this season.

Money talks.  If Denver hands him an extension Moley Mole has a case.  Till then….STFU.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, doitny said:

My take is Bo Nix is George Paton's (Bronco's GM) baby. Sean Payton will work with him but he really wants Zach to succeed with the Ponies

12 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

My take is Bo Nix is George Payton's (Bronco's GM) baby. Sean Payton will work with him if he is the only option available but he really wants Zach to succeed especially with the Ponies

seriously? Sean Payton is considered one of the top HCs around. i am sure he has total control of who they draft otherwise he wouldn't be there. Bo Nix is Payton's baby. Zach Wilson is just some guy they picked up because the Jets were willing to pay most of his salary.

so you believe that George Paton ( not Payton) the Broncos GM in his 3rd year and who was responsible for hiring Hackett as HC and giving Russ Wilson that horrible contract overruled Sean Payton who they are paying 18 mil a year on the QB? 

Paton is lucky he has a job after those moves. but you believe he has the power to force draft picks on future HOF HC Sean Payton? LMFAO

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

seriously? Sean Payton is considered one of the top HCs around. i am sure he has total control of who they draft otherwise he wouldn't be there. Bo Nix is Payton's baby. Zach Wilson is just some guy they picked up because the Jets were willing to pay most of his salary.

so you believe that George Paton ( not Payton) the Broncos GM in his 3rd year and who was responsible for hiring Hackett as HC and giving Russ Wilson that horrible contract overruled Sean Payton who they are paying 18 mil a year on the QB? 

Paton is lucky he has a job after those moves. but you believe he has the power to force draft picks on future HOF HC Sean Payton? LMFAO

The 18 Million the Broncos are paying Nix is determined by the CBA and the position Nix is taken at. The deliberative thought process for taking draft picks like Nix is years long. Zach was offered to the Broncos in the closing stages of the 2023 Season. Payton had minimal involvement in drafting Nix. The decision on Zach was a snap decision with much of it based on what Payton thought about Zach's latent talent and skill.

51 minutes ago, doitny said:

Paton hired Hackett more the same reasons the Jets did. To lure Aaron Rodgers to Denver. When Rodgers resigned with GB Denver had to punt that's why they signed RW.

The 18 Million the Broncos are paying Nix is determined by the CBA and the position Nix is taken at. The deliberative thought process for taking draft picks like Nix is years long. Zach was offered to the Broncos in the closing stages of the 2023 Season. Payton had minimal involvement in drafting Nix. The decision on Zach was a snap decision with much of it based on what Payton thought about Zach's latent talent and skill.

Payton is making 18 mil a year to coach the Broncos. there is no way a HC of his resume did not get the guy he wants in the draft. no way a 1st time GM has more power than him. you can sit there and seriously tell me that George Paton can tell Sean Payton who to draft? 

thats like a nobody GM telling Belichick, Ried or Tomlin that he cant have who he wants to draft. no owner would allow that.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, doitny said:

Payton is making 18 mil a year to coach the Broncos. there is no way a HC of his resume did not get the guy he wants in the draft. no way a 1st time GM has more power than him. you can sit there and seriously tell me that George Paton can tell Sean Payton who to draft? 

thats like a nobody GM telling Belichick, Ried or Tomlin that he cant have who he wants to draft. no owner would allow that.

Maybe the Broncos have prices on all 3 quarterbacks and are willing to move any of them for the right price. Payton told the press it took a month and a half to work out a deal with the Jets for Wilson with the Jets so we know Wilson is not at the bottom pile in terms of desirability of there QB Players. Teams are jettisoning their 3rd QBs since the Players Union vetoed the 3rd QB Option Rule. Miami cut Mike White a few days ago

Maybe the Broncos have prices on all 3 quarterbacks and are willing to move any of them for the right price. Payton told the press it took a month and a half to work out a deal with the Jets for Wilson with the Jets so we know Wilson is not at the bottom pile in terms of desirability of there QB Players. Teams are jettisoning their 3rd QBs since the Players Union vetoed the 3rd QB Option Rule. Miami cut Mike White a few days ago

Zach Wilson was traded before the draft. so you are probably right that they liked him. but once they drafted Nix that is Paytons guy. Bowers and 2 top OL were still on the board at 12. if they felt that Zach was there baby as you say it would have made more sense to give him more help by drafting one of those guys.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Sane analysis - bottom line ... deserves to be a two somewhere.  Some good, some bad, some late throws.

Deserves?  After 1 preseason game in year 4 of his career?  That’s not how this works.  

You guys are adorable.  You really think he’s earned something.  

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Deserves?  After 1 preseason game in year 4 of his career?  That’s not how this works.  

Kind of a bummer to see Chase Daniel go down that Brian Baldinger path where they isolate one play from a player, explain why it’s the best play in NFL history, then throw it up on socials with the title “BRONCOS FANS YOU HAVE A GOOD ONE” to reap the engagement. He used to play it straight but has turned into a click-farmer. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Kind of a bummer to see Chase Daniel go down that Brian Baldinger path where they isolate one play from a player, explain why it’s the best play in NFL history, then throw it up on socials with the title “BRONCOS FANS YOU HAVE A GOOD ONE” to reap the engagement. He used to play it straight but has turned into a click-farmer. 

FLASHES

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Brah, did you see the way he moved that 6th string safety w/ his eyes?  Only Sean Payton (who's never developed a QB and is a total POS of a human) can teach him that! 

• Haha 2