Training camp updates: Lazard still stinks

This really has nothing to do with this report, but my concern with Fashanu is I’m worried the Jets just went with the consensus without really digging enough on him as a prospect especially compared to the other tackles who went after. And the fact he “fell.” I liked both of the Polynesian kids especially the guy who Pittsburgh drafted. And their history of drafting well compared to the Jets is just another hmm. Of course they swiped Jones last year too. Fashanu just from a first impression, I don’t know if he has that nastiness you need.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

This really has nothing to do with this report, but my concern with Fashanu is I’m worried the Jets just went with the consensus without really digging enough on him as a prospect especially compared to the other tackles who went after. I liked both of the Polynesian kids especially the guy who Pittsburgh drafted. And their history of drafting well compared to the Jets is just another hmm. Of course they swiped Jones last year too. Fashanu just from a first impression, I don’t know if he has that nastiness you need.

It was weird during the draft process, all the connected draft gurus all had Fashanu dropping but none of them really explained why considering he would have been a potential top five, ten pick in last year’s class. The presumption was that maybe he was a little soft. PFF’s guys said he had the biggest disparity between run block grade and pass block grade that they’d ever recorded in a first round tackle (iirc). 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

FWIW, Fautanu is being penciled in as the Steelers starting RT. 

Joe Douglas better hope he got it right. 

They're moving Jones to LT?  He sucked last year.  Risky move, though Fields doesnt need a great OL to get off, as he showed in Chicago.  Still my favorites to win the SB.

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

29 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

FWIW, Fautanu is being penciled in as the Steelers starting RT. 

Joe Douglas better hope he got it right. 

At least with Fautanu they can fall back on the report that he has some lingering injury issues, but yeah. Lots of tackles picked after Fashanu that—if Fashanu’s issues are Andre Dillardish—it’ll sting. Amarius Mims is reportedly impressing at Bengals camp, etc

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I liked both of the Polynesian kids especially the guy who Pittsburgh drafted. And their history of drafting well compared to the Jets is just another hmm.

Shades of us drafting Wilkerson and the Steelers absolutely ******* sprinting to the platform to draft Heyward one pick later.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is hysterical.  Yeboh makes one td catch in front of the media and now Ruckert should be worried.

The jets are testing out the legs of these rookie rbs and suddenly izzy should be shakin in his boots.

Too funny.

Testing out the legs?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

This really has nothing to do with this report, but my concern with Fashanu is I’m worried the Jets just went with the consensus without really digging enough on him as a prospect especially compared to the other tackles who went after. And the fact he “fell.” I liked both of the Polynesian kids especially the guy who Pittsburgh drafted. And their history of drafting well compared to the Jets is just another hmm. Of course they swiped Jones last year too. Fashanu just from a first impression, I don’t know if he has that nastiness you need.

I share your concern. D'Brickshaw Ferguson had zero nastiness and was only OK as a run blocker, so there's hope for Olu at least.

• Upvote 1

At least with Fautanu they can fall back on the report that he has some lingering injury issues, but yeah. Lots of tackles picked after Fashanu that—if Fashanu’s issues are Andre Dillardish—it’ll sting. Amarius Mims is reportedly impressing at Bengals camp, etc

Mims couldn’t stay healthy at Georgia and couldn’t get through his 40 without injuring himself.

When he’s on the field, he’s a monster. The problem is that he’s rarely on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 4

Too bad we had to go get every stinking hobo bum in this league on the team because they are buddies with Rodgers.

At least this year after Lazard is inactive week one we can move on from these dogs. (Though the biggest french bulldog, Hackett will still be around)

Douglas as usual will have rose petals tossed at his feet for drafting two rbs this year becasue the guy he drafted last year stinks to high heaven.

I've always like Yeboah, a guy that came to the team raw but has improved a lot each of his first two years.

Not worried about Fashanu, he is a raw rookie and we have the luxury of not sticking him out day to get abused.

Bernard-Converse, what a total non entity.

Nice to see Stiggers looking good early

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Very disappointed about Izzy.  Seemed like a good kid with real HR potential as a runner.  

He’s still alive lol

(but maybe on life support?) 

and I bet he’s still be a good kid! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Definitely limping a bit on the drop backs 

Saw an interview with Marino where he talked about his recovery from his own Achilles at 33 years old. Said the big challenge for him was that he had to throw more flat-footed because he couldn’t get up onto his toe to throw the ball. Saw one of those sketchy sports injury doc accounts post some film of Rodgers practicing a few weeks ago and asserted that—like Marino was talking about—Rodgers was throwing and landing a little flat footed to avoid stressing the Achilles. If true, I wonder is the blister is a result of that compensation. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saw an interview with Marino where he talked about his recovery from his own Achilles at 33 years old. Said the big challenge for him was that he had to throw more flat-footed because he couldn’t get up onto his toe to throw the ball. Saw one of those sketchy sports injury doc accounts post some film of Rodgers practicing a few weeks ago and asserted that—like Marino was talking about—Rodgers was throwing and landing a little flat footed to avoid stressing the Achilles. If true, I wonder is the blister is a result of that compensation. 

He’s still less than 9 months removed from a catastrophic injury. It’s been a long 9 months but it’s still only 9 months. It’s easy to forget that with how long this past season was and how long this offseason has been. 

He won’t be fully back physically until later in the summer and he will never quite move the same again 

• Upvote 2