CJ Stroud has some thoughts about Aaron Rodgers being a choke artist

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You mean the guy who played with Calvin all those years and had nothing to show for it? Yeah ok

LOL. The Lions did an awful job of surrounding Stafford w/ Talent. It was CJ, Stafford, and literally nothing else.

• Upvote 1

I'm a little worried about Stroud. He has a lot of expectations this year. It's a lot easier to catch teams by surprise when no one expects anything from you. I'm fascinated to see how that team handles the expectations. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm a little worried about Stroud. He has a lot of expectations this year. It's a lot easier to catch teams by surprise when no one expects anything from you. I'm fascinated to see how that team handles the expectations. 

In terms of distractions, going on podcasts and calling out other current players seems like a real distraction. Especially for a guy so new to the league. More so than a first ballot HOF’er talking about aliens. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A little ****ed up considering Rodgers was able to get over the hump against the Caleb Haney Bears to get to the Super Bowl fifteen years ago. 

Australia Dessert GIF by MasterChefAU

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A little ****ed up considering Rodgers was able to get over the hump against the Caleb Haney Bears to get to the Super Bowl fifteen years ago. 

FU CJ.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

In terms of distractions, going on podcasts and calling out other current players seems like a real distraction. Especially for a guy so new to the league. 

I don't think he realizes that he basically said the Packers would have won more SB's if Stafford was their QB instead of Rodgers. At least I hope he didn't. 

Just now, GKnight83 said:

IMO Rogers is far from the choke artist Elway or Payton Manning were.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Not sure you can call Elway a choke artist. He went to the SB three times in the 80s and lost to vastly superior teams (86 Giants, 87 Redskins, 89 49ers) - Which of those teams should the Broncos have beaten? 

Manning definitely had some choke jobs. Lost as the #2 seed at home to the Titans in 1999-2000, lost as the #1 seed at home to the Steelers in 2005-2006, lost as the #2 seed at home to the Chargers in 2007-2008, lost the SB to the Saints as a favorite and threw the game-losing pick 6. 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

In terms of distractions, going on podcasts and calling out other current players seems like a real distraction. Especially for a guy so new to the league. More so than a first ballot HOF’er talking about aliens. 

It's a new era where players are bypassing the media to voice their own opinions on their own platforms. With the way the media twists and distorts the truth to fit their own narrative (see: Mehta, Manish), I don't blame them. 

The NFL is going more in the direction of the NBA. I don't love it, but it is what it is. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The meteoric rise to the most overrrated player in the league has been pretty interesting. He’s been everywhere this offseason. He absolutely stunk against Baltimore in the playoffs.

I give him credit for his great rookie year. But now he has to back it up, when expectations will be much higher and teams will know his game much more. Plus, he seems to be buying into his own hype. A big fall from last year's high would not be shocking at all.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Listening to it, he was talking freely and probably didn't realize what he said, but yea, not the best idea. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I don't think he realizes that he basically said the Packers would have won more SB's if Stafford was their QB instead of Rodgers. At least I hope he didn't. 

I mean that’s fine. CJ Stroud becoming the spokesperson for the league seems off though. I know he’s tight with the Fanatics guy. But jeeze. He’s been everywhere this offseason. And after  1 year and he’s calling out Rodgers. Like CJ did you watch the Ravens film? The word on you is out.

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I give him credit for his great rookie year. But now he has to back it up, when expectations will be much higher and teams will know his game much more. Plus, he seems to be buying into his own hype. A big fall from last year's high would not be shocking at all.

Once I saw him hanging out with Kim K I knew this was going to happen lol

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

IMO Rogers is far from the choke artist Elway or Payton Manning were.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He has one Super Bowl his entire career.  It’s a fair criticism.  It’s also why I don’t understand Jets fans and some in the media saying we are a lock for the Super Bowl as long as Rodgers doesn’t get injured that is a typical jet let down waiting to happen 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I am sure that Stefon Diggs will straighten him right out!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He has one Super Bowl his entire career.  It’s a fair criticism.  It’s also why I don’t understand Jets fans and some in the media saying we are a lock for the Super Bowl as long as Rodgers doesn’t get injured that is a typical jet let down waiting to happen 

Who in the media said the Jets are a lock for the Super Bowl? This should be good.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I have not seen a single person say the Jets are a lock for the Superbowl under any circumstances. Contender, yes. Lock? Why do people make this crap up?

Football is a team sport. How many times did Rodgers get to play w/a top 10 defense in his career? Now do Brady.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean that’s fine. CJ Stroud becoming the spokesperson for the league seems off though. I know he’s tight with the Fanatics guy. But jeeze. He’s been everywhere this offseason. And after  1 year and he’s calling out Rodgers. Like CJ did you watch the Ravens film? The word on you is out.

I can't wait for Halloween!  

• Upvote 4

Stroud.  He's a mouthy one, isn't he?

C.J. Stroud struggles as Ohio State escapes disaster vs. Northwestern

I guess he doesn't remember his meeting with the Jets here at MetLife?  Or were his brains fuzzy after being thrown around by Saleh's defense that day?

He will be here at MetLife on Halloween.  Hope Jets defense gives him more of the same...  hopefully for him without a body bag this time.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

51 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He had some really bad stinkers (vs Jets, vs Ravens), but he also absolutely torched some teams. He has a ton of talent and is very confident. I think he's good, but it is strange to see people pencil him in as a top 3-5 QB going forward. We need to see a strong encore performance to get to that point, at the very least. 

As for the bad playoff game against Baltimore, a lot of good to great QBs have had really bad playoff performances early in their careers. It's part of the process for a lot of guys. He was also good against Cleveland the week before. 

• Upvote 1