Eagles, Packers Can't Wear Green in Brazil (CLOTHES!!!)

My grandfather, RIP, when I last saw him in Scotland, warned me not to wear my NY Jets Starter Jacket (in bright 80's Jets green) in Glasgow, because some Scots might mistake it as being a supporter of Celtic, and that Rangers supporters might just shiv me for the lols because of it, lol.
Everywhere has some variant of this.  Try wearing the wrong colors in some neighborhoods of L.A., Chicago or NYC...

Orange is the color to not wear in Scotland. This goes back to the old Protestant/Catholic thing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Half of Brazil wears green and yellow wtf are they talking about 

They are playing at Corinthians stadium and their rivals wear green. South American soccer rivalries are legit on another level that I'm not sure Americans can fully comprehend. Sao Paulo isn't Rio but it's not a city you wanna **** around in either because you'll definitely find out.

53 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

They are playing at Corinthians stadium and their rivals wear green. South American soccer rivalries are legit on another level that I'm not sure Americans can fully comprehend. Sao Paulo isn't Rio but it's not a city you wanna **** around in either because you'll definitely find out.

I’m from South America, Brazil is literally “verde amarela” aka green and yellow. Every piece of Brazil  looking is either green or yellow 

1 hour ago, GKnight83 said:

Orange is the color to not wear in Scotland. This goes back to the old Protestant/Catholic thing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

News to me.  I know some Scots wear Orange on St. Patricks Day, and that that is a Protestant/Catholic thing, but not on a day to day basis in some violent/dangerous way.  Learn something new everyday, none of my Scots family ever mentioned that one, of course, they were all Protestants.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

well yeah the green thing may be wrong, but I heard they have the knockout game down there so ppl should still be careful 

What do you mean by this one

45 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What about the ~10% of Scots with orange hair?

I mean, I’m sure it was also normal back then to walk down the street with a broad sword. I think the gingers will be safe. If not, drawn and quartered.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What do you mean by this one

I’m gently poking fun at the credulity with which some posters on this site approach accounts of basically any place that’s not Mayberry as being Thunderdome-style hellholes where people are regularly murdered for wearing the wrong shirt

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’m gently poking fun at the credulity with which some posters on this site approach accounts of basically any place that’s not Mayberry as being Thunderdome-style hellholes where people are regularly murdered for wearing the wrong shirt

I mean if I were a pro athlete there I’d probably avoid the streets at night. It’s a dumb place to have a game. 

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean if I were a pro athlete there I’d probably avoid the streets at night. It’s a dumb place to have a game. 

Sure, but people readily believing that two teams whose primary color is green wouldn’t be allowed to wear green in a country whose flag is like 60% green, especially when it turns out the lone source for the story is one dumbass player is…something

18 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

well yeah the green thing may be wrong, but I heard they have the knockout game down there so ppl should still be careful 

For safety’s sake, every NFL game should be played in College Station or it shouldn’t be played at all

IMG_5311.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Sure, but people readily believing that two teams whose primary color is green wouldn’t be allowed to wear green in a country whose flag is like 60% green, especially when it turns out the lone source for the story is one dumbass player is…something

So Jacob’s just pulled this out of his ass? Lol

I hope these dummies stay in their hotel, the bus and the stadium and avoid the nightlife unless they have a good guide that knows everything.

I once entered a favela with my rent a car in rio. Ya i went 200 ft and turned around quick. 

14 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I hope these dummies stay in their hotel, the bus and the stadium and avoid the nightlife unless they have a good guide that knows everything.

I once entered a favela with my rent a car in rio. Ya i went 200 ft and turned around quick. 

But it's so much fun!

pats-patriots.gif

That roast should have been like 26 hours long.

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

That's only Baltimore?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They should make him wear the Green Man suit the whole time he’s there imo

Waiting for Raiderholic to log on and explain how Brazil or Godell are to blame

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

IMG_0518.gif

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I think I agree with this. I’ve been to Jamaica, Aruba, the DR, Puerto Rico and at most of those, they tell you to just stay on the resort, especially at night. I always presumed it was just because they wanted you to spend your money solely at the resort, but the more you ask around, the more you learn how easy it is to get in trouble. If you’re a young, dimwit millionaire NFL player looking to score some road cheeks, you could see the potential for some sh*t. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1