Would you rather be the Jets or the Chargers right now?

Keep the Jets or swap with the Chargers?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Jets/Chargers swap

• Jets
    • Chargers

Scenario: Genie pops out of a lamp and offers you a choice—You can either keep everyone currently on the Jets payroll (players, coaching staff, personnel dept, marketing and PR dept, ownership *or* you can swap it all for the Chargers payroll (players, coaches, etc). If you choose to swap, no one knows it happened but you, and Harbaugh, Herbert, etc, all take the place of the Jets group in New Jersey. What do you do? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Chargers have better QB for the long haul, but nothing...  absolutely nothing... to compare with Garrett Wilson.  Maybe down the road McConkey, but I seriously doubt he is even close to Garrett Wilson.  Chargers have nothing to compare to Breece Hall (Dobbins/Gus Edwards).  I'll also take the Jets' OL over that of the Chargers.  As for defenses, the Jets by a country mile.

Jets>Chargers on paper.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Scenario: Genie pops out of a lamp and offers you a choice—You can either keep everyone currently on the Jets payroll (players, coaching staff, personnel dept, marketing and PR dept, ownership *or* you can swap it all for the Chargers payroll (players, coaches, etc). If you choose to swap, no one knows it happened but you, and Harbaugh, Herbert, etc, all take the place of the Jets group in New Jersey. What do you do? 

Ugh, don't make me do this.  I hate these questions!  lol

SD has their long-term answer at QB while we may have 1-2 years left of AR8.  And obviously their HC is in a completely different class from ours.  But while AR8 is here and we have our defense, etc. I like our short-term chances to win a SB over theirs.  And things can change very quickly in the NFL so it complicates things even further.

I think an objective fan would take SD's situation based on QB alone though (even though Herbert has question marks).  Obviously HC would also be an important factor, but Harbaugh seems like the type of guy who wears out his welcome fairly quickly.

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

QB and HC

Two most important things in the sport.  Chargers are lightyears ahead in both.

This should be a no brainer for everyone.

Herbert is regressing. He's hit a wall 😅 

• Upvote 1

I ended up voting Chargers because QB is the most important position in sports.  And it's incredibly difficult to get a potentially great one like SD (at least potentially) has.  Plus I do think Harbaugh will turn them around pretty quickly.  They're building a really strong OL too.

• Upvote 2

there's a chance I move to southern California in the next few years and I've already decided that I'll adopt the Chargers as my second, local team because it's just a different version of what I already know. Idiot owner, annoying all time great QB in the division, incredible creativity when it comes to blowing it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Jets. The Chargers have an excellent young QB but the rest of their roster is a shambles. On offense their WR room looks like ours circa 2022, OL is mediocre and shallow (though they have young bookend tackles), RBs are Baltimore's cast-offs who also can't stay healthy. On D they have an oft-injured stud pass rusher (Bosa), an aging stud who turned back the clock last season (Mack, career high 17 sacks in 2023 after 23 total sacks the prior 3 years), and Derwin James; the rest of the D is mediocre at best and they have almost no depth. 

And I know everyone loves Harbaugh but he wants to ground and pound and just took Alt over Nabers/Odunze. They've got a multi-year rebuild incoming and are not looking at seriously contending until 2026 at the earliest, IMO. Give me the Jets

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Chargers. They have a stud young QB and a good coach. They’re going to have an identity and will almost certainly be successful for the next several years.

Jets have the better roster in 2024 but the likelihood that Rodgers flops, everyone is fired and we’re in a tough cap situation going forward is very high IMO.

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

QB and HC

Two most important things in the sport.  Chargers are lightyears ahead in both.

This should be a no brainer for everyone.

Did you know, during his horrible year of decline, that Aaron Rodgers threw for more TD's than Justin Herbert on 150 less pass attempts? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

This makes me want to build a website for people to compare rosters position-by-position between any two teams and argue about the results.  It would start wars that would eventually topple our civilization.  Grab your popcorn!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I'd take the Jets because you can love Herbert and Harbaugh all you want but they are not over taking Reid and Mahomes, any time soon.  After having to be in the same division as the frauds, BB and Brady, I'd rather not go through that all again.

And, I think if the Jets can get 75% of the Rodgers we've come know over the years, the Jets will be legit SB contenders for the next 2 years.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JustInFudge said:

I'd take the Jets because you can love Herbert and Harbaugh all you want but they are not over taking Reid and Mahomes, any time soon.  After having to be in the same division as the frauds, BB and Brady in the division, I'd rather not go through that all again.

And, I think if the Jets can get 75% of the Rodgers we've come know over the years, the Jets will be legit SB contenders for the next 2 years.

Getting saddled with the Chiefs is a good point.

• Upvote 1

I was at the Monday Night game last season and Herbert was absolutely putrid. Unfortunately Wilson was also awful and Garrett Wilson decided to toss the ball onto the ground for a crippling turnover. They no longer have Allen or Williams. Herbert is good but I'm not 100% sold on him. No way I swap rosters at this point. And Harbaugh will be gone in 3 years.

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I mean, if we're just going to base this off of "young franchise QB" and "good to great HC" - why not use the Jags as the example?  @T0mShane.  Doug Pederson has won a SB, Lawrence led the biggest playoff comeback victory in the history of the playoffs vs. the choke artist Chargers and Justina Herbert. 

Or sh*t, the Texans for that matter?  I'd rather be either of those teams over the Chargers.  And Lawrence sucks!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I'd take the Jets because you can love Herbert and Harbaugh all you want but they are not over taking Reid and Mahomes, any time soon.  After having to be in the same division as the frauds, BB and Brady, I'd rather not go through that all again.

4 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

In his scenario, all the Chargers coaches and players come here and don Jets jerseys. They would be dealing with our division rivals.

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

In his scenario, all the Chargers coaches and players come here and don Jets jerseys. They would be dealing with our division rivals.

ah, didnt read that part...

Ok, I'll take the Chargers.  lol

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I mean, if we're just going to base this off of "young franchise QB" and "good to great HC" - why not use the Jags as the example?  @T0mShane.  Doug Pederson has won a SB, Lawrence led the biggest playoff comeback victory in the history of the playoffs vs. the choke artist Chargers and Justina Herbert. 

Or sh*t, the Texans for that matter?  I'd rather be either of those teams over the Chargers.  And Lawrence sucks!

its-complicated-its-iron-man.gif

Just now, JustInFudge said:

ah, didnt read that part...

Ok, I'll take the Chargers.  lol

I wouldn't. They have no receivers, a bad OL, no real threat at RB and their defense blows.

Here's an interesting test.  

What starting positions would you swap 1:1 with them?

I am not posting the position by position comparison to save us all but here's the summary:

So basically, it comes down to the QB, LT, and maybe the Edge guys.

Herbert yes - on a better team, I think he could be top-3 all day.

Slater probably.  I think a healthy Smith is bit better but Slater is younger and should be very good if he can stay injury free and we don't know what Olu is yet.

Bosa/Mack vs. Reddick, JJ2.  Close.  Mack is 33.  JJ2 is 25.  Bosa/Reddick are similar in age/skill.  Take their guys for 1-year but JJ2 will be playing at a high level in 3 years unlike all the others.  

Safety - James absolutely.  

CB - Samuel is great, but Sauce wins that matchup.  Our other guys are better.

That's really it.  QB, maybe LT, maybe one edge, one Safety.

• Upvote 3