Question about Aaron Rodgers Egypt trip

3 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Who cares

I’m more concerned about what happens when he’s facing pressure against the 49ers week 1

We will lose and it will be ok. Goal for first game is to come beck with a healthy AR8, anything more than that is house money. Survival is goal for game1. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

15 hours ago, PositiveJetFan said:

I still don’t understand why he had to miss training camp for this. I understand it’s difficult to change the date of a planned trip abroad for a regular person. However, don’t you think Aaron Rodgers had the resources to go to Egypt any time he wants? Don’t you think he could pretty much just say who he is and any restaurant, hotel, tour group will accommodate him?

6DF2DE0B-D3DA-4185-B12D-86D25713ADF6.thumb.jpeg.c2b8eec08a7976e9911ab8477ca682c4.jpeg

• WTF? 1

16 hours ago, PositiveJetFan said:

You think Rodgers booked his trip through Expedia?

Id imagine he’d have some fancy travel agent available to him. I could be wrong I guess. 

Expedia? You think Aaron travels like us little people?  Most likely he got to fly on Joe Rogan’s personal 747 and ate wine and caviar en route from Austin to Cairo.

It pays to do infomercials for bull testicle diets

• WTF? 1

44 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We will lose and it will be ok. Goal for first game is to come beck with a healthy AR8, anything more than that is house money. Survival is goal for game1. 

The goal for the season is for Aaron Rodgers to complete at least 1 pass.

If he ends up with a career-ending injury without completing a pass in 2 different seasons for this franchise, we might end up being the butt-end of some jokes, nationally.  

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I too am baffled the selfish narcissist engaged in selfish, narcissistic behavior.

Yeah, I think what gets lost in this discussion is that Rodgers was fully aware of how this would play in the media and the position it’d put Saleh in. This was an old-school power move, and part of a larger trend with Rodgers where he desperately needs the conversation to be about him and only him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I think what gets lost in this discussion is that Rodgers was fully aware of how this would play in the media and the position it’d put Saleh in. This was an old-school power move, and part of a larger trend with Rodgers where he desperately needs the conversation to be about him and only him. 

I defend Rodgers almost all the time but I have to agree with you about the bolded text. 

and part of a larger trend with Rodgers where he desperately needs the conversation to be about him and only him. 

I'm not sure if he needs the convo to be about him and only him but I certainly understand that there's a case to be made.  

Fwiw, the Jets absolutely knew they were bending the knee to Rodgers when they acquired him.  Even knowing what I know now, I'm still very happy the made the move (even though I also understand it could badly backfire).

• Upvote 2

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not sure if he needs the convo to be about him and only him but I certainly understand that there's a case to be made.  

Consider his quixotic pursuit of coming back to play last season—flying in from Malibu on Thursday nights before games, appearing on the sidelines to “support his guys,” Saleh having to comment on his recovery in every press conference. First he was coming back late November, then December 1, then by Christmas. All of it was bullsh*t. Dude is Norma Desmond. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Consider his quixotic pursuit of coming back to play last season—flying in from Malibu on Thursday nights before games, appearing on the sidelines to “support his guys,” Saleh having to comment on his recovery in every press conference. First he was coming back late November, then December 1, then by Christmas. All of it was bullsh*t. Dude is Norma Desmond. 

The case can certainly be made.  Let me ask you though.  If you could go back right now and undo the trade, would you?  I wouldn't. 

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The case can certainly be made.  Let me ask you though.  If you could go back right now and undo the trade, would you?  I wouldn't. 

I would, but really because we lost Year One with him. It was going to be a short window with him in any case. If they used last year to work out the warts and could go into this season ready to compete, it would have been worth it. But now? It’s going to be a one-season Chinese fire drill led by a bunch of dopes relying on a physically compromised weirdo QB. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would, but really because we lost Year One with him. It was going to be a short window with him in any case. If they used last year to work out the warts and could go into this season ready to compete, it would have been worth it. But now? It’s going to be a one-season Chinese fire drill led by a bunch of dopes relying on a physically compromised weirdo QB. 

And if this godforsaken franchise is ever going to win a Super Bowl, that sounds like the exact recipe that will be required!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Aaron Rodgers is a child and the Jets are his plaything . 

Probably a little bit of truth to this, but both his success and the Jets' success are inexorably linked, and that's a good thing.  Unless he gets hurt again this team goes as far as Aaron takes it.  It's on him and his legacy will largely ride on whether he can lead this team to success.  The Jets have given him just about everything he's wanted and is the most loaded it's been in at least a decade.  I'm guessing that if he thought missing a couple days of minicamp in June would harm their chances of success then maybe he would have altered his plans.

I'll wait for his first incompletion in actual Training Camp to start a thread about how missing those two practice days have left him unprepared for the season.  😛

8 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yep, they are desperate , but Rodgers has been like this for awhile in Green Bay. Not sure if it makes it better or worse  but he’s likely shown up more pre season stuff here than he has the last few years in Green Bay. Narcissist will Narcissist I guess. 

That's why Green Bay, one of the best organizations in football, couldn't wait to get rid of him.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s nice of you to be a good fan tending to his needs.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Barton said:

I'm guessing it was some type of group/private organization event with Rodgers and likeminded people.

Otherwise, there's no excuse missing those minicamp dates, if you were just going to Egypt w/a couple buddies to smoke hasheesh and marvel at the pyramids.  

This.

I’d guess he wasn’t going to Egypt as a typical tourist, he was going with an organized group of people who have theories about alternative explanations from mainstream Eyptology (yes, that’s a word), special access to sites, etc … a small group of people with money and/or funding for a specialized tour that includes meetings with important people in the fields, etc … and even though he’s Aaron Rodgers, they weren’t able or willing to change the whole thing around for him. 

Not saying he shouldn’t have showed up for camp anyway. I don’t like it. But that’s the likely explanation.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'll wait for his first incompletion in actual Training Camp to start a thread about how missing those two practice days have left him unprepared for the season.  😛

I don’t think it’s about him being unprepared for training camp or the season. I think it’s about him being the leader of this team who gets the other guys to buy in to what he’s selling. And when you see his quotes about everyone needing to be all in (“it’s not a some of the time thing, it’s not a most of the time thing, it’s an all the time thing”), and getting the BS out of the building, and then see him doing stuff like this, you gotta wonder how long it’s going to be before the rest of the team sees him as full of sh*t.

I’m not a Rodgers hater. I actually love all his new agey stuff, and thing he seems like a very intelligent, open-minded, well-intentioned dude. A rarity in the world of pro sports. But, I have to admit I’m starting to wonder if there is a big piece of narcissistic bullsh*t in there. And if so, that’s a problem. Probably not an insurmountable one if he plays well. But it doesn’t make things easier.

12 hours ago, Biggs said:

That's why Green Bay, one of the best organizations in football, couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Rodgers didn’t respect the front office management of Green Bay.  Imagine what he thinks of our front office management 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Trotter said:

Only 3 more weeks and hopefully threads are how rodgers is fully healthy and hitting receivers in stride

been a long off season

15 days 'til training camp starts....

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

This.

I’d guess he wasn’t going to Egypt as a typical tourist, he was going with an organized group of people who have theories about alternative explanations from mainstream Eyptology (yes, that’s a word), special access to sites, etc … a small group of people with money and/or funding for a specialized tour that includes meetings with important people in the fields, etc … and even though he’s Aaron Rodgers, they weren’t able or willing to change the whole thing around for him. 

Not saying he shouldn’t have showed up for camp anyway. I don’t like it. But that’s the likely explanation.

Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

2 hours ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

This.

For example like seeing the Map Room and the Well of Souls?

Did anyone think for a second that maybe, just maybe, since Saleh cancelled this mini-camp last year, that some players assumed he'd do it again?  And maybe, that's why Rodgers scheduled this trip?  And maybe, Rodgers told Saleh when he announced the dates that he had this trip planned and maybe Saleh was like, cool, dont care, it's 3 hours of practice and you've been here for everything for months now and it was no big deal but Saleh just botched the presser? 

Or is that not dramatic enough for the drama queens of JN?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Did anyone think for a second that maybe, just maybe, since Saleh cancelled this mini-camp last year, that some players assumed he'd do it again?  And maybe, that's why Rodgers scheduled this trip?  And maybe, Rodgers told Saleh when he announced the dates that he had this trip planned and maybe Saleh was like, cool, dont care, it's 3 hours of practice and you've been here for everything for months now and it was no big deal but Saleh just botched the presser? 

Or is that not dramatic enough for the drama queens of JN?

Strange  there are logical people still here  

JiF.jpg.58dbbd829b053ea508e6f55a82635619.jpg

giphy-1.gif

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Oh yea? Does Norma Desmond have the best TD:INT ratio in NFL history?

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Are you suggesting that he didn't rehab his torn achilles in a fashion that would get him back on the field in the shortest amount of time? I have no problem with you stating it was a long shot but suggesting the lengths he went through were just for narcissistic reasons is a bit much for me. 

I also think being on the sidelines while the Jets were still mathematically alive for the playoffs was a positive. You had Zach Wilson, Tim Boyle and Trevor Siemian out there stinking up the joint. The defense was ready to mutiny. I think having Rodgers there gave them, as unrealistically as it may have seemed, some semblance of hope. How was that a bad thing? What's the narrative if after his injury he just disappeared like a fart in the wind? Come on, my guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I still don’t understand why he had to miss training camp for this. I understand it’s difficult to change the date of a planned trip abroad for a regular person. However, don’t you think Aaron Rodgers had the resources to go to Egypt any time he wants? Don’t you think he could pretty much just say who he is and any restaurant, hotel, tour group will accommodate him?
Esoteric reasons that none of us would understand.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk