Jordan Love won’t practice without a new deal. Update: Packers Make Love Highest Paid QB

32 minutes ago, varjet said:

Jason's article in OTC basically implied that Love and his agent messed this up.  

Love could have played last year for like $3mm without his fifth year option.  He would have then been a free agent.   The Packers on the other hand could have been tempted to trade him without year 5, or gambled on the Franchise Tag, like the Giants did with Daniel Jones.  

For Jordan Love, he could have ended up like Zach Wilson or Mitch Trubisky.  If he bombed in 2023, he ends up a FA with a limited market.  

Love locked $12mm extra in 2023 and in return is subject to a $20mm option year this year, which hopefully has incentives attached to it.  

So what he is basically saying is that he wants a do-over.  

But from the Packers perspective, they need to bet whether they want to keep him around or trade him to someone else.  That is what Love is pushing for.  

I would give him a Daniel Jones deal, or tell him to sit.  

He wants an extension, not a do over. He can secure an extension and still play on the option this year. Little signing bonus this year and new money kicks in next year. It’s business. It’s the NFL. If you’re a good player, you do whatever you can to avoid playing on an expiring contract. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

The same Jet fans who hate seeing players get paid, are the same ones who pay $300 to sit in the end zone, $50 parking and $20 for a beer at every home game.

Do you have any proof? Because I think it’s the ones that pay $275 to sit in the corner of the end zone, pay $65 for parking and $18 for a beer at every home game but one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/22/2024 at 8:34 PM, The Crusher said:

Do you have any proof? Because I think it’s the ones that pay $275 to sit in the corner of the end zone, pay $65 for parking and $18 for a beer at every home game but one. 

As usual, I’ll bow to your always better judgement in matters like these. 😉

• Haha 2

• Barry McCockinner changed the title to Jordan Love won’t practice without a new deal. Update: Packers Make Love Highest Paid QB
9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I believe that makes Aaron Rodgers the 17th highest paid QB in the league.

The oldest qb in the NFL shouldn’t be getting the 17th highest salary.  He should be getting ready to enjoy his retirement. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The oldest qb in the NFL shouldn’t be getting the 17th highest salary.  He should be getting ready to enjoy his retirement. 

Jealousy is a wasted emotion

- Tampa Bay Buc fans 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Of the QB's who are earning less than Rodgers, which one should be earning more?

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Jealousy is a wasted emotion

- Tampa Bay Buc fans 

This is such a brilliant post.  For so many reasons.  I assume this post was referencing Tom Brady's run w/ the Bucs who was 43 when he won the SB and the SB MVP, but it's not lost on me the last time the Raiders were actually good and won a playoff game way back in 2002, they had a 37 year old QB...and wait for it, wait for it....went to the Super Bowl and lost to the Bucs!  And ready for this gem, the Bucs QB for that Super Bowl, Brad Johnson was,....37 years old!!!!

OLD QB'S RULE!!!!  RODGERS REDEMPTION TOUR HAS STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

This is such a brilliant post.  For so many reasons.  I assume this post was referencing Tom Brady's run w/ the Bucs who was 43 when he won the SB and the SB MVP, but it's not lost on me the last time the Raiders were actually good and won a playoff game way back in 2002, they had a 37 year old QB...and wait for it, wait for it....went to the Super Bowl and lost to the Bucs!  And ready for this gem, the Bucs QB for that Super Bowl, Brad Johnson was,....37 years old!!!!

Time for the Young Gun 🔫 

i.png

37 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I think it’s the “Revengement Tour” @Pac is the MC. 

On 7/27/2024 at 12:53 PM, Barton said:

How the eff do you make him the highest paid QB in the league after 1 great 10 game stretch in his career? 

Yes, there is always risk but GB is betting this will look like a great deal for the team in 2 years. 

• 3 weeks later...