Mike Williams Practice

Was looking up when Breece returned last year and he was practicing pretty much fully 8/16.

We keep hearing that MW time frame is similar and if anything ahead of what Breece’s was. So based on that… we should see him any day at practice with little to no limitations.

• Upvote 2

I think salah is the only person I heard say this. Basically meaningless 

also nobody is themselves the first year after an ACL rehab. Hall got caught from behind multiple times last year. Really wasn’t back to form until December. 

When Williams gets back he’s going to be the jump ball/ back shoulder/ fade in the end zone guy. 

and that’s ok. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

also nobody is themselves the first year after an ACL rehab. Hall got caught from behind multiple times last year. Really wasn’t back to form until December. 

When Williams gets back he’s going to be the jump ball/ back shoulder/ fade in the end zone guy. 

and that’s ok. 

I think MW will ease in easier than a guy like Breece. MW game doesn’t rely on being quick and creating separation with crisp routes and such. He’s a big body guy that wins matchups. So a knee 100% but not fully trusted doesn’t hurt him as much as we saw that Breece didn’t look fully like himself early last year. But Breece’s game relies more on quickness and such.

The part I think is bigger of him not practicing is getting on the same page as AR timing wise and just knowing how he likes to play. MW can be hugely valuable to us socially in the RZ. Do have that communication to lob it up to him if he’s 1 on 1. Back shoulder him. Etc. even the play doesn’t call for that. To be on that same page and no what each other like is what I think needs to happen. And you can’t do that just sitting in meetings.

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

As opposed to you who makes comments about things you have no idea about.

Season is a month away and Mike Williams isnt catching passes in team drills yet.

Timeline is off. 

At best he plays a limited # of snaps/decoy week 1. 

Hopefully by week 5 he is ready to go. People talk about Breece Hall but Breece didnt become Breece until later on in the year. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

and that’s ok. 

That's a massive win if we can get that out of him.  This team has been lacking that type of player for a long time.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Barton said:

Season is a month away and Mike Williams isnt catching passes in team drills yet.

Timeline is off. 

Hopefully by week 5 he is ready to go. People talk about Breece Hall but Breece didnt become Breece until later on in the year. 

Breece is 6 years younger than Mike Williams.  Why are the jets and the kool aid drinkers still pretending they are valid comparators

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Can’t believe JD didn’t know Williams had surgery or didn’t talk to doctors.  

Don’t forget JD routinely sleeps through games…..he’s been caught on camera with indisputable evidence.

• Haha 2

and that’s ok. 

Hall was low mileage compared to Williams too. Plus he came into the league with a back injury. Not sure he even played much his first year. Ironically, I believe Corey was the next WR drafted after Mike

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

44 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Don’t forget JD routinely sleeps through games…..he’s been caught on camera with indisputable evidence.

In JD's defense, I sleep through Jets games too.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

With Lazard having a tremendous camp, we dont need Williams until hes 100% healthy.  If he needs to start the season on PUP, no big deal.

I mean, David Clowney also had good summers.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Was looking up when Breece returned last year and he was practicing pretty much fully 8/16.

We keep hearing that MW time frame is similar and if anything ahead of what Breece’s was. So based on that… we should see him any day at practice with little to no limitations.

Thanks doc. 🙄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barton said:

Timeline is off. 

No kidding, everyone knows he’s still rehabbing.  
You don’t know what he will or won’t provide on day 1.  Then again it’s what he bring for the season through the playoffs, not only what he contributes from game 1.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No kidding, everyone knows he’s still rehabbing.  
You don’t know what he will or won’t provide on day 1.  Then again it’s what he bring for the season through the playoffs, not only what he contributes from game 1.  

He will eventually revist the PUP list during the season. The injury bug is awaiting for our older players...book it!

20 minutes ago, Bronx said:

He will eventually revist the PUP list during the season. The injury bug is awaiting for our older players...book it!

Nobody’s talking about him coming down with a new injury.

Thanks for the negative prediction Nostradamus.  

• Upvote 1