Probably not facing Aiyuk week 1

EDIT: Steelers and 49ers could not reach agreement.   No deal with Pittsburgh

He was seen today at Acrisure Stadium in Pittsburgh and multiple reports that a deal could be done by tomorrow afternoon.

• Sympathy 1

Latest update Steelers won’t give 49ers what they want and they have trade offers in that they like from Browns/Pats but no trade will happen if Aiyuk isn’t willing to sign a contract

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Crusade against miserable jet fans.  I am here to rid this board of the d-i-s-e-a-s-e.  And for that, I am a hero.

nope.  You're something else that can't be said here. Leave it at that.  Now, back to our regular programming.  Sorry for the needless distraction.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Brandon AiyukAug 5 11:10pm ET

The San Francisco 49ers have the framework of a trade involving wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk with both the Cleveland Browns and the New England Patriots. It's now up to Aiyuk to decide if he will accept either team's contract terms. Earlier on Monday, Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reported that the 49ers granted other teams permission to speak to Aiyuk's agent about a contract in the event of a trade. It sounds like the potential for a deal is beginning to gain traction again after it was also reported earlier in the day that the Pittsburgh Steelers were unable to put together a package to acquire Aiyuk. As long as he agrees to the structure of a new contract with either Cleveland or New England, Aiyuk could find himself on the move sooner rather than later. 

Not worried about him going to the Pats bc I don’t think Maye is very good. So he’d be wasted there.

Browns is who I’d be worried for him to go to. An AFC team with a top defense like ours. And if they got him. Have a very good young group of WRs with a great OL and top RB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Here comes the, “This sucks for the Jets.  Now they will dump it off to mccaffery more” posts.

Don't forget the "Joe D. asleep at the wheel as usual" hot takes.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

Do not want him in NE. I need Drake Maye to have the Sam Darnold experience. It is very important to me, emotionally, that he is professionally and maybe even personally miserable for the next four years. 

Lol bill and Brady are not walking through that door, pats are done before we even get started 

Yall have the really look at them for what they are now and not what they were, the ptsd is real 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

It’s nice to see teams make sure they can extend players before trading for them.  

I think the Jets with Aiyuk and without Reddick are a better team.  

Who cares, Aiyuk wasn’t available when the Jets traded for Reddick.  And they needed an EDGE.  
It wasn’t an either or option.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

It’s an over the top act because he was banned for quite a while for being one of the most insufferable fans on the planet when it came to being negative.  He decided to come back under a “I’ve seen the light, brother Jets fans” schtick of over the top positivity.  A few people found it funny, especially when he added “the d-i-s-e-a-s-e” to his routine, so he’s kept it going even though it’s definitely run its course and then some.

Nothing he says is how he truly feels.  It’s all schtick.

This is 100% false. 

I don’t know why these teams hold onto these players and then deal them anyway after the draft. 

49ers as a win now team could have had his replacement in camp and likely would have netted a better package with more teams having cap flexibility.