Malik Nabers is the greatest WR of all time

1. i like MN as a prospect

2. you wont be able to name a WR drafted high with his attitude who's actually worked out for the team thats drafted them

he will wear out his welcome in NY within 3 years, and as early as this season with the QB situation

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

1. i like MN as a prospect

2. you wont be able to name a WR drafted high with his attitude who's actually worked out for the team thats drafted them

he will wear out his welcome in NY within 3 years, and as early as this season with the QB situation

aaannndddd here you go....

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2024 at 2:05 AM, PositiveJetFan said:

In all seriousness Nabers may be the real deal, but I didn’t think it was even possible to generate this much hype in training camp. Usually it at least took a preseason game or two. 

Either way typical Jets wining those two meaningless games. We lose out on the greatest player of all time and draft a backup tackle who couldn’t even block Michael Clemons per Hughes. 

Hope you can sense the sarcasm in my post. 

I remember another rookie that had similar hype around him during his first preseason. 

Lets Go Eating GIF by BYU Cougars

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Jones looks like the 3rd best qb on the giants once again .. Jets definitely have the best qb, and now the 2nd best qb in NYC ( NJ ) ha. It’s not even close. 

Giants fans hate Daniel jones even more than jets fans now hate Zach Wilson despite the fact Jones has actually done stuff in the nfl

14 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Jones looks like the 3rd best qb on the giants once again .. Jets definitely have the best qb, and now the 2nd best qb in NYC ( NJ ) ha. It’s not even close. 

Giants fans hate Daniel jones even more than jets fans now hate Zach Wilson despite the fact Jones has actually done stuff in the nfl

6 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

You may be sarcastic but there are many people who constantly whine about winning meaningless games.

I don’t hear anyone whining that we won too many games and missed out on Reggie Bush or Marcus Mariota. Odd how those names disappeared from the lexicon

It doesn't really matter who is on the top of the board in a given year.  High picks mean high draft capital, impacting each of your subsequent picks in each round and also giving you the opportunity to trade down for a king's ransom. 

The Eagles wanted to move up for Mariota that year, if I recall, and would have paid handsomely.  Hindsight is 20/20, sure, but the opportunity was there for the Titans to completely rebuild their program, similar to the way the Rams did when they traded down with Washington for # 2 overall (RG3) and ended up parlaying that into a SB-caliber roster.

The Jets have missed out on top-tier talent and trade down opportunities time and time again by winning meaningless December/January games and yet Jets fans are some of the worst anti-tankers.  It's truly baffling.  There's tangible evidence that in a lost season its better to lose down the stretch than win yet so many here fight against that notion every time.  How's winning those games helped the Jets over the years, exactly?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It doesn't really matter who is on the top of the board in a given year.  High picks mean high draft capital, impacting each of your subsequent picks in each round and also giving you the opportunity to trade down for a king's ransom. 

The Eagles wanted to move up for Mariota that year, if I recall, and would have paid handsomely.  Hindsight is 20/20, sure, but the opportunity was there for the Titans to completely rebuild their program, similar to the way the Rams did when they traded down with Washington for # 2 overall (RG3) and ended up parlaying that into a SB-caliber roster.

The Jets have missed out on top-tier talent and trade down opportunities time and time again by winning meaningless December/January games and yet Jets fans are some of the worst anti-tankers.  It's truly baffling.  There's tangible evidence that in a lost season its better to lose down the stretch than win yet so many here fight against that notion every time.  How's winning those games helped the Jets over the years, exactly?

Now hold on 80 - are you saying that the Jets should have lost to the Rams guaranteeing they select Travor Lawrence over Zach Wilson?

Is that really where you are going? 😀

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Now hold on 80 - are you saying that the Jets should have lost to the Rams guaranteeing they select Travor Lawrence over Zach Wilson?

Is that really where you are going? 😀

losing to the Rams would have resulted in the same outcome, they would have been tied with Jacksonville and lose on a tiebreaker.

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

losing to the Rams would have resulted in the same outcome, they would have been tied with Jacksonville and lose on a tiebreaker.

my bad - i thought they had 1 locked up with that loss 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope, needed the winless season.  Because of course - nothing comes easy for the Jets, including being the worst at sucking!

I agree.  The only way they could have gotten T-Law was to go 0-16.  Another wonderful stat for the NYJ.  I didn't want that back then, and I'm still happy it didn't happen.  Zach may not have turned out the way we hoped, but neither has T-Law.  "generational" my a$$.

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I don’t know about that. I think jones has a lot more fan boys than Zach did ( post 2022 disaster season ) . Especially by mid season last yr lol. Some guy just commented he is sure Daniel jones will throw for over 4k, and have a top 12 QBR.. I had to laugh in his face lol. I don’t think he has any chance of not getting released end of yr. They are wasting Nabers without a real qb.

53 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I agree.  The only way they could have gotten T-Law was to go 0-16.  Another wonderful stat for the NYJ.  I didn't want that back then, and I'm still happy it didn't happen.  Zach may not have turned out the way we hoped, but neither has T-Law.  "generational" my a$$.

I'd have liked to have traded down from 1.  Or 2!

Obviously you would like the higher pick each round, but the draft is a crap shoot. Complaining and working yourself up over a lottery ticket for literal years is ridiculous. The coaches and players aren’t going to lay down so I don’t understand why Jets fans get themselves into a tizzy over it. The Steelers haven’t had a losing season since 2003 and are considered one of the best drafting teams every year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On a side note, a quarterback is the only time you are allowed to be upset over these things. I understand being upset over Lawrence, I don’t understand being upset over Malik Nabers when there are tons of good receivers every year to find.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd have liked to have traded down from 1.  Or 2!

i was all in on keeping Sam, taking Chase or Sewell and seeing what happens. After a while, i did take the bait on Wilsons talent, but i think i talked myself into it because i knew it was a done deal. Keeping Sam and drafting one of the 8-10 HOF's in that top 15 was the move.

10 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

On a side note, a quarterback is the only time you are allowed to be upset over these things. I understand being upset over Lawrence, I don’t understand being upset over Malik Nabers when there are tons of good receivers every year to find.

I'm allowed to be upset over this any time I'd like, and there's 2 things you can do about it:  1) Nothing, and 2) Like it.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

Obviously you would like the higher pick each round, but the draft is a crap shoot. Complaining and working yourself up over a lottery ticket for literal years is ridiculous. The coaches and players aren’t going to lay down so I don’t understand why Jets fans get themselves into a tizzy over it. The Steelers haven’t had a losing season since 2003 and are considered one of the best drafting teams every year.

No, its not a crap shoot.  It's a game of poker.  The best players (Ravens, Steelers, 49ers, etc) tend to be at the "final table" more than others.  Which is evidence that pick slot matters even more for teams like the Jets that struggle to draft effectively.  Hell, Macc even stumbled into a winner in Quinnen Williams by accident because he was picking 3rd that year.

I'm allowed to be upset over this any time I'd like, and there's 2 things you can do about it:  1) Nothing, and 2) Like it.

You can be a whiny bitch about something you can’t change or control, if that’s your desire because the team didn’t lay down for a lottery ticket.

No, its not a crap shoot.  It's a game of poker.  The best players (Ravens, Steelers, 49ers, etc) tend to be at the "final table" more than others.  Which is evidence that pick slot matters even more for teams like the Jets that struggle to draft effectively.  Hell, Macc even stumbled into a winner in Quinnen Williams by accident because he was picking 3rd that year.

The problem then isn’t the draft position, it’s the person making the picks. Thanks for proving my point.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I don’t know about that. I think jones has a lot more fan boys than Zach did ( post 2022 disaster season ) . Especially by mid season last yr lol. Some guy just commented he is sure Daniel jones will throw for over 4k, and have a top 12 QBR.. I had to laugh in his face lol. I don’t think he has any chance of not getting released end of yr. They are wasting Nabers without a real qb.

All the Giants fans I know and I know alot of them unfortunately they passionately hate Daniel Jones and wanted a quarterback in the draft

On 8/7/2024 at 1:05 AM, PositiveJetFan said:

In all seriousness Nabers may be the real deal, but I didn’t think it was even possible to generate this much hype in training camp. Usually it at least took a preseason game or two. 

Either way typical Jets wining those two meaningless games. We lose out on the greatest player of all time and draft a backup tackle who couldn’t even block Michael Clemons per Hughes. 

Hope you can sense the sarcasm in my post. 

The better choice was always a tackle

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

All the Giants fans I know and I know alot of them unfortunately they passionately hate Daniel Jones and wanted a quarterback in the draft

I don’t know why people hate someone, it’s not his fault he sucks lol. Never should have been picked in the 1st round. Know if was 1 of weakest qb drafts , but huge stretch at 6 overall. Gm did try to trade up for Maye or Daniels. Winning 1 more game last yr is why they weren’t able to do just that .

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Considering that Nabers wasn’t the first player or even first WR drafted this year, there is some irony in the complaints that we should have lost more to secure the WR.