Vegas has the Jets O/U at 9.5 wins this year. What say you?

Vegas has the Jets O/U at 9.5 wins this year  

79 members have voted

1. 1. This is simple. Do the Jets go Over or Under 9 1/2 wins in 2024

Simple question, no right or wrong answer.

FYI I placed my bet months ago and went the same way I have the past few years.
To say it’s been very profitable might be understating things a bit. The Jets have paid for golf trips to Pinehurst, Bandon Dunes and Whistling Straits to name a few.

• Haha 2

@San Francisco

@Tennessee - Win

vs New England - Win

vs Denver - Win

vs Minnesota * - Win

vs Buffalo

@Pittsburgh - Win

@New England - win

vs Houston

@ Arizona

vs Indianapolis - win

vs Seattle - win

@Miami

@Jacksonville

vs Los Angeles - win

@Buffalo

vs Miami

Those are 9 games the Jets should win where they are clearly the better team. Split the other 8 and you get 12 wins.

• Upvote 1

My heart says over, but my head says under.

The roster is talented on paper.  There are a ton of nice pieces in place.  They have a number of players at key positions with top level talent going into their primes.  There are a ton of winnable games on the schedule.

But it's the Jets.  Whatever can go wrong, probably will go wrong.  Until proven otherwise.

• Upvote 2

What say I?

I'd say all the JN big optimists can now put their money where their mouths are, and bet the "obvious" over :) 

I voted under.   Of course, lol.

Despite some real optimism this could in fact be a very good team if everything goes perfectly, as of now I think we get close (9-8) but fall short, no playoffs sadly, and the current regime is thus released at seasons end (JD/Saleh).

I just can't presume/have faith that Rodgers and all the other short-deal and fragile key Vets will play all 17.  I think they may as a group be good for 2 more wins, hence 9-8 instead of 7-10, but any faltering/time missed by Rodgers especially, but also Williams, the O-line (the more likely), Hall or Wilson (less likely) will prove fatal.  I have no faith in Tyrod to be anything but a passing fancy if called upon before he gets hurt.  And I have less faith in many of our backups (the Gipson/Lazard types) than many here do.

So yeah, 9-8, voting under, would be happy and pleased to be proven wrong.  Just like every year the past decade plus.

• More Ugh 1

7-9 wins with Arod

without 5 wins 

I dont like futures as far as bets go-too long to wait for the payout but I bet the under on the chargers in a fairly big and may add to it now that herbert is hurt-they have no wrs no rbs(both guys are glass) no wrs and weak tight ends-they have a qb (who is now hurt) and a coach

• Thumb Down 1

Rodgers stays healthy and the expectation is realistically in the 10+ range.

This team won 7 games last year with arguably the worst QB to take the field in the last 15 years and an OL that was horrific at times and overall average/below average.

Will it happen who knows 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Rodgers stays healthy and the expectation is realistically in the 10+ range.

This team won 7 games last year with arguably the worst QB to take the field in the last 15 years and an OL that was horrific at times and overall average/below average.

Will it happen who knows 

Which way did you go Trots?

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Which way did you go Trots?

it is not a bet i typically make so nothing yet. If I did bet it I would go over.

Now if we are talking about bets that are locks - Denzel Mims anytime TD week 1. 

Is he still in the league? 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Simple question, no right or wrong answer.

FYI I placed my bet months ago and went the same way I have the past few years.
To say it’s been very profitable might be understating things a bit. The Jets have paid for golf trips to Pinehurst, Bandon Dunes and Whistling Straits to name a few.

So you root for them to lose? Are you a Jets fan?

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Why would you care?

Just strange a Jets “fan” placing bets on them to lose. I usually bet them to win division/superbowl as a fun bet. My friends do that too. I never really met a Jets fan who takes the under on the win total?

• WTF? 1