Aaron Rodgers Preseason Play?

Aaron Rodgers Preseason  

80 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD Aaron Rodgers Play in PS Game 3?

• No, full bubble wrap mode.
    • Yes, but only a drive or 2.
    • Yes, play him into the 3rd quarter as per traditional 3rd PS game.
  2. 2. WILL Aaron Rodgers Play in PS Game 3?

• No, full bubble wrap mode.
    • Yes, but only a drive or 2.
    • Yes, into the 3rd quarter as per traditional 3rd PS game.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/23/2024 at 09:41 PM

i go back and forth on this one but I am going to go with no. He is simply too valuable to the potential success this year and just don't need to take the chance in meaningless games.

Having said that if he had to play - I prefer game 2 vs 3. I know the Jet/Giants rivalry is about the fans and not really the players but both teams have young guys looking to make a name and caught up in the so called rivalry and do something stupid that causes another injury.

Can't bubble wrap him I understand - but especially in Rodgers case - I just hate taking the chance.   

18 minutes ago, Trotter said:

i go back and forth on this one but I am going to go with no. He is simply too valuable to the potential success this year and just don't need to take the chance in meaningless games.

Having said that if he had to play - I prefer game 2 vs 3. I know the Jet/Giants rivalry is about the fans and not really the players but both teams have young guys looking to make a name and caught up in the so called rivalry and do something stupid that causes another injury.

Can't bubble wrap him I understand - but especially in Rodgers case - I just hate taking the chance.   

He’s gonna play 1100 snaps this season 

Boo Ghost GIF - Boo Scare Ghost - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

no I dont let him play one snap not one

he is getting his reps in practice he is not a rookie

he is coming off a bad injury is 40 -no way you risk him getting hurt-bad enough they have 3 games in 10 days to contend with

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Trotter said:

and the correlation of that to the preseason is?

He’s no more likely to get injured in a preseason game than any random 15 snaps in the regular season.

Or are you going to be on the edge of your seat all year like my Aunt Bernice watching my cousin Melvin ride a skateboard from her stoop?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

He’s no more likely to get injured in a preseason game than any random 15 snaps in the regular season.

Or are you going to be on the edge of your seat all season like my Aunt Bernice watching my cousin Melvin ride a skateboard from her stoop?

you bring up an interesting thought - why aren't kids named Bernice, Melvin, Hazel etc. anymore. These are nice names.

Regarding Rodgers, the odds are with your statement - but when 1 individual is the key to your season and you have maybe 1 most 2 more seasons out of him - reducing that chance by 2 games that mean nothing could be of value.

We see it differently  - that is ok.

• Upvote 2

The 2 starting OTs are getting a lot of rest days. AVT is just back from injury.  

with the way the league treats preseason now the first 3 games in the regular season are very wonky for everyone.  

if the oline was returning from last year healthy and practicing every day I would play him a drive against the giants. Not this though. 

the oline will need the 2 weeks between the giants game and week 1 to gel. 

22 hours ago, slats said:

He’s getting work against other teams in these controlled joint practices prior to the preseason games. That’s plenty. There’s no reason to subject him to possible injury before the season. 

He’s not subject to possible injury in practice or the joint practices?

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

yep.  

Plus, they played him two full series last preseason. Saleh talked this week about deciding whether or not preseason would actually help him prepare for week 1, but they have already shown that they valued getting him some preseason reps last year. What could have changed? 

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Of course he is. He's subject to injury (like every other player) every time he steps on the field. The question is whether reducing the number of opportunities for him to get injured is greater than the benefit of his increased chances of injury are to improving the team. It's a tough call.

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He could get injured in the shower. The point is that he’s not subject to getting hit in a meaningless preseason game by some yahoo looking to make a name for himself. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, slats said:

He could get injured in the shower. The point is that he’s not subject to getting hit in a meaningless preseason game by some yahoo looking to make a name for himself. 

This “some yahoo trying to make a name for himself” argument is pretty out there imo.

You really think a UPS driver is going to be playing at the same time Rodgers would be in a preseason game? We’re talking about him maybe playing two, three series at most in the 1st quarter.

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

This “some guy off the street trying to make a name for himself” argument is pretty out there imo.

You really think a “nameless yahoo” is going to be playing at the same time Rodgers would be in a preseason game? We’re talking about him maybe playing two, three series at most in the 1st quarter.

Even worse. He will be going against the other teams regular starters.

I want him to play in the preseason as much as he did last year. And I bet that is the case. Saleh will hint he won't and then he will come sprinting onto the field against the Giants like a returning gladiator!

Gladiator GIF

11 minutes ago, slats said:

Right, so the question comes down to minimizing risk vs maximizing performance. 

Let's call the probability that Aaron Rodgers suffers a major injury sometime between now and the end of the 2024-2025 season P. Does a few drives in preseason significantly increase P?  On the flip side, how much does a few drives in the preseason help him get into rhythm? How much does it increase our chances of performing well in week 1? 

My hypothesis (which could be wrong) is that a few drives in the preseason does not appreciably increase P, but that every extra snap he gets during a game helps our offense start faster and I think starting fast is going to be huge this year. My thinking is, if he suffers a major injury this preseason, it was only a matter of time before it happened during the season because his body is breaking down and he just isn't built for NFL football anymore. Father time has won.