***OFFICIAL JETS V PANTHERS PRESEASON GAME THREAD***

3 minutes ago, BradSmith16fan said:

Panthers had a legit shot to comeback if coach played to win. I would be ticked off if I were the players.

Incorrect.

Even if they had the time on the clock, went for 2 and got it, they still would have lost by a point.

You'd think they'll carry 3 QBs prob the no 3 on the PS. Similar to reg season Jets offense today all scoring due to good place-kickers. I'd guess Martinez in the lead to win the job but Jets could sign a QB waived at end of training camp. In Martinez's defense he was just recently signed.  

Panthers had a legit shot to comeback if coach played to win. I would be ticked off if I were the players.

The rare onside kick and Hail Mary after the game is over. 

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

The rare onside kick and Hail Mary after the game is over. 

Meant with 110 to go they ran the ball, ran clock down, then ran again. They could have hurried up and passed the ball, scored with around 30 seconds, then go for onside kick. Look at Jets Giants last year. They could have even kicked a fg and go for onside kick.

Meant with 110 to go they ran the ball, ran clock down, then ran again. They could have hurried up and passed the ball, scored with around 30 seconds, then go for onside kick. Look at Jets Giants last year. They could have even kicked a fg and go for onside kick.

That isn’t what they wanted.  They wanted the game to be over 

4 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Zero chance of that being successful.

Slim, but not zero. If worried about injuries fine, but that would have been a nice chance to see which players step up when the game was on the line and might have made a difference during cut time.

• Upvote 1

Slim, but not zero. If worried about injuries fine, but that would have been a nice chance to see which players step up when the game was on the line and might have made a difference during cut time.

0 chance.

I didn't watch this game. 

Did we learn anything useful about potential starters or important backups, or was this basically another edition of future Amazon drivers vs fast food waiters.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Hael said:

I didn't watch this game. 

Did we learn anything useful about potential starters or important backups, or was this basically another edition of future Amazon drivers vs fast food waiters.

you cant really tell. Izzy looked good but played in the 2nd half vs those future Amazon drivers and fast food waiters. so no way of telling how good he will be vs NFL players. Davis and Allen looked good again but they played against the backups.

plus side i think Codrington won the KR job. he had a real good night with punts and kicks.

minus side, Kuntz had a bad night. ball bounce off his chest. had something else in the 1st half. would not be surprised if he gets cut.