Week 1: Jets @ 49ers

Thank god, it's about time we have some real, actual regular season football results to discuss, rather than the endless hot air that has been this offseason on JN.

Finally, we will see how this "best roster in the NFL" actually plays in a game that counts.  If they're ready.  If they can compete toe to toe with a Super Bowl contender in San Fran.

Can.  Not.  Wait.  Bring on the game!

If we're close to what fans here say, we should be able to give them a real hard tough close game with or without Trent.

Or Reddick, for that matter.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Thank god, it's about time we have some real, actual regular season football results to discuss, rather than the endless hot air that has been this offseason on JN.

Finally, we will see how this "best roster in the NFL" actually plays in a game that counts.  If they're ready.  If they can compete toe to toe with a Super Bowl contender in San Fran.

Can.  Not.  Wait.  Bring on the game!

If we're close to what fans here say, we should be able to give them a real hard tough close game with or without Trent.

Or Reddick, for that matter.

I would think SF has “the best roster” in the NFL. But we’re not far behind!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Not 1 person has said the Jets have the best roster in the nfl.  No need to be a drama queen.

We had an entire thread here saying it, lol. 😆

I love when folks deny things that can be easily searched for.

We have folks generally saying one (or more) of three things:

1. Best roster in NFL

2. Best roster in Jets history.

3. One of the best rosters in the NFL.

4. And pretty much everyone has said it's the best roster of the JD Era or Woody Era.

So please spare me your back-peddling quibbling Captain "We're going 14-3, thank you Joe Douglas", lol.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Week 1 doesn’t mean much.  Just excited to watch this QB, running game and defense play.  Hopefully with little drama.

That said a win would do a lot towards confirming the annual offseason hot air.  Still only hoping for health, have a lot of games early.

Agreed. 

11 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I see 4.5

strangely I feel a bit more confident that they come out ready for sf then tenn or ne

I get it. More with the Titans than the Pats though

They should be pumped for a national game in prime time (although we know how that’s gone recently) but then “play down” to their competition in the next one.
If they look sloppy/ bad in the Titans game, I think they’ll take their anger out on NE.

• Upvote 1

Tough game here. I expect Trent, CMC and Aiyuk all to play. How good they'll be who knows. But they'll be out there.

I do think we can rattle Purdy in this one and frustrate them. That SF OL isn't anything great. Especially with no Williams or maybe not an in game shape Williams. I'm way more worried about CMC running and catching the ball and Deebo in packages than Purdy and the passing game.

We'll see if they have Ward follow GW. I think 1 on 1 GW wins that battle most the time. So we'll see how that works.

Hufanaga looks like he might be out for this one as well and I dont think SF secondary is overly great. Should be a game where we could throw on them quite a bit. But I do expect us to establish the run. There front 4 and LBs are tough. So I think Rodgers will have to sling it in this one to win.

• Upvote 1