New York Jets, Haason Reddick Contract Saga No Longer About Fines. Game checks are now on the line, to the tune of $852,941 for each game missed.

10 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i meant do a hold in during training camp.  not in the regular season.  

the whole plan on playing 12 games is interesting concept.     that's a big gamble on his part.

not sure anyone is going to offer him 3 yr 21mm each contract at his age.  i guess perhaps a (real) 2 year contract for 40mm would  be possible.   but still think he ends up giving money up.

would be funny if they franchised him after this year. 

He MIGHT end up with a bit less. Certainly, he’d end up with less than if he played the full season and was great. If he plays the full season but is only ok, or good for part of the season then drops off like last year, he could do as well or better by playing well in only 10 games. But even if it’s slightly less that he ends up with, he is probably factoring in the reduced injury risk — a bad injury could leave him with a lot less, or even zero. IF he’s thinking about it this way (and it IS a big if … I’m just speculating), it could be argued that on balance, this is the smarter play financially. 

And like I said in another post, if he in fact only has about 10-12 good games in him at this point in his career (which last year seems to suggest), it could also work out well for the Jets. Get a fresh Reddick for the stretch and the playoffs, and save $5M in salary cap. Win-win … maybe?

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So you believe all negotiations to be the same?  And every player and situation are treated equally?  I guess I disagree with that.  I believe each player and situation are completely different.

I get this.  But I think far too many are taking for granted that we won't need the guy early in the season. 

We're talking about a pro-bowl level player at one of the most important positions in the NFL.   Wins and Losses are going to matter early in the season just like the end.    The reason you want an elite pass rusher is because they help you win games and winning games is the goal.

i believe that agents will take advantage of JD if he caves significantly.  they will tell clients to hold out (in) when the time comes since they know he will cave.  holding the line would give the agents pause in that strategy.

plus if you give him a big fat contract it's less money for the home grown superstars which i think he wants to keep.

have to respect JD willing to hurt his career over the long term health of the Jets.   It would be easiest for him to just agree to the contract demands and focus on a playoff appearance and contract extension..

his last 5 games were definitely not pro bowl worthy.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, batman10023 said:

50mm is 25mm after taxes.

I am sure he's bought his mom a car/house etc.  his car is pretty cool looking, my guess is cost him a lot.

plus, he's had to live for 7-8 years.

So he probably has more than $10 - but less than $20mm.

his agency has screwed him big time several times.  

Things you don’t know, but think you do for $500?

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Biggs said:

27 million invested in a conservative portfolio earning 5% per year would generate roughly 11 million in 7 years.  He's likely to be able to live like a millionaire into he's 90's and have a balance of over 100 million at death.  

You could retire at birth and live a great life if someone left you 27 million.

Don’t even bother trying to explain finances  here. You can’t win. @batman10023 is convinced he’s lost 50% of his career earnings to the taxman.

• Ugh 1

27 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Don’t even bother trying to explain finances  here. You can’t win. @batman10023 is convinced he’s lost 50% of his career earnings to the taxman.

Losing 50% is pretty easy ghost - for example you take fsu minus 15.5 because they are pissed and going to take it out on bc

down by 14, even better double down on fsu ml at +300. Stealing money.

i wonder how I know this

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Losing 50% is pretty easy ghost - for example you take fsu minus 15.5 because they are pissed and going to take it out on bc

down by 14, even better double down on fsu ml at +300. Stealing money.

i wonder how I know this

I feel you, Trots. I thought they were a lock too. ☹️

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

🤣🤣🤣

This is really bizarre 

Really is. And I know people say players don’t care about this stuff. They want everyone paid. But a guy like Mosley has been not the happiest about all this. And would much rather see the guys actually there get a chance.

Just now, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Lol omg how desperate of the Jets beat to drive out and track this man down at a Charity event and shout out questions at him. 

They were tweeting “ was given the opportunity to comment but declined “

🙄

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

after this season the Jets have sauce for 4 more years right?  (last year, 5th year option and 2 franchise tags).   think that comes out to around 80mm (5, 20, 25, 30) over 4 years.   why would they pay significantly more than this?  

1) because it lets them control the cap hits; if they do it via the tags, each of those last 3 years are cash and cap equal

2) Because there's no guarantee that Sauce shows up for the franchise tag year, let alone the second; he won't be under contract and he can just skip camp if he wants, show up for week 10 and get some games in before hitting FA the next year

3) Because using the tag on Sauce means you don't have it available to use on Wilson, while extending Sauce means you can tag Wilson (or, more importantly, threaten to tag him and use that threat as leverage for a better overall deal) and

4) Because ideally you want him for longer than his 7th pro season

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Really is. And I know people say players don’t care about this stuff. They want everyone paid. But a guy like Mosley has been not the happiest about all this. And would much rather see the guys actually there get a chance.

Mosely, 😂.  He abandoned us during Covid and he can’t cover a TE to save his life.  I don’t give a $&@/ if Mosley is happy.

• Post of the Week 2

Just now, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Why are you the way that you are?

Because asking why a reporter would go out and do their job and not be at home in their pajamas on a Tuesday afternoon  is an odd point to make. Unless you are totally detached from reality.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Mosely, 😂.  He abandoned us during Covid and he can’t cover a TE to save his life.  I don’t give a $&@/ if Mosley is happy.

He's a captain and leader. So the defense and guys listen to him. You can not love him the player. But his opinion is respected in a locker room. And he’s eluded to that he and the team care about who’s in the building.

• Upvote 1

• Bronx changed the title to Rule him out Roberto!