Bryce Huff as an Eagle

2 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Huff was invisible again....I'm not at all surprised either.

Huff was a product of Saleh & Ulbrich's scheme, they knew what he was and how to use him.

Huff took that for granted and now he's well on his way, to being the biggest bust of the 2024 free agent class.

Honestly I am surprised. I thought he would show more than nothing in 2 games. 

6 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Huff was invisible again....I'm not at all surprised either.

Huff was a product of Saleh & Ulbrich's scheme, they knew what he was and how to use him.

Huff took that for granted and now he's well on his way, to being the biggest bust of the 2024 free agent class.

You might be right. He looked like Quinnen Williams out there tonight, didn’t he?

Edit… oops! someone beat me to the Quinnen joke. 

He got paid.  He's fine. The Eagles bought into the mirage.  Perhaps Howie Roseman didn't 'fleece' the Jets after all.  They're stuck with $17M/year for a guy who might not be productive at all.

Eagles boards are not happy.  The only thing saving Huff from getting more flack is that the entire defense is lame.

Our defense has absolutely STUNK.

If you can't stop the run game, you are not going to be a successful defense. Can this team stop the run? Does anyone do much of anything on defense? Boy does this team miss Fletcher Cox more than Jason Kelce. Maybe we can also trade a pick or something to the Jets for Reddick back and give him the money he wants, because Huff looks like his number so far. ZERO!!!

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

On the flip side, unfortunately becton isn't looking bad as a guard in Philly... Although tbf, his line mates are excellent and he probably needed a change of scenery.

We could sure still use Huff with JJ gone too... But let's hope this jets defense continues to find production from hidden gems 

No way that diva plays G for the Jets 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bobby816 said:

It's 2 games... and we know the talent he has. So not going to jump to that he's a bust.

I mean is Hutchinson the best DE ever with 5.5 sacks in 2 games so on a record setting pace? Or would that be jumping the gun?

I'd say he's looks bad but you can't even find him on the field.

• Haha 2

On 9/7/2024 at 12:53 AM, Bronx said:

Maybe Saleh's system was the key for Huff's success. 

That is actually true. Fangio NEVER blitzes. Ever. Huff can only flourish in a blitz-happy chaos defense. In a Fangio D, he goes up against a 325 lb. tackle on every play. He is undersized so he all but has no chance to get to the qb, and then he gets squashed on every run play. 

I’m guessing this is a really bad take but why the pleasure in huff’s slow performance so far/ borderline hate?

he played well for the jets in his role and was a clean player

he wanted more opportunity and the jets felt it was not warranted so he moved on

what am I missing?

jd so far looks like he gauged him properly so no harm to the jets

Huff doing well has no bearing on the jets and I got to be honest I hope he does become very successful