Bears #1 Overall pick QB Caleb Williams.

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Looks bad through 2 games. I'd definitely be concerned. Game looks to fast for him and his accuracy sucks. 

but it's 2 games

And he was running for his life last night. Took a beating. I was worried he was going to get hurt. 

Hey, at least he's big...

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Looks bad through 2 games. I'd definitely be concerned. Game looks to fast for him and his accuracy sucks. 

but it's 2 games

And he was running for his life last night. Took a beating. I was worried he was going to get hurt. 

Agree. It's only two games but the truth is most guys who stink this bad through two games end up stinking.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/9/2024 at 8:19 AM, ARodJetsFan said:

I'm not saying he's going to suck over the long haul, but he definitely chewed the high hard one yesterday.

All I've been hearing about this kid is how poised & polished he is, how nothing is too big for him.

I watched an interview with him where he said "I don't get nervous, I haven't been nervous about a game since my first start in High School, any game I play now, is just another game".

He may turn out to be the Best QB of the draft class......but the whole "I don't get nervous" speech, was obviously bullsh!t.

He should be the best QB of his draft class because he’s easily the most talented.  Because he’s the most talented and is weird people hate him.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He should be the best QB of his draft class because he’s easily the most talented.  Because he’s the most talented and is weird people hate him.  

He may be the most talented QB in his draft class, based on his college performance.

That said, let Williams go out on an NFL field and prove how good he is, before everyone anoints him as a "generational talent". 

I just don't have much faith in USC QB's, so, I'll believe he's a "generational talent" when I see it.

Certainly haven't seen it yet.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

He may be the most talented QB in his draft class, based on his college performance.

That said, let Williams go out on an NFL field and prove how good he is, before everyone anoints him as a "generational talent". 

I just don't have much faith in USC QB's, so, I'll believe he's a "generational talent" when I see it.

Funny, we want him to prove it on an NFL field because it’s not the NFL but rip him off of a start, 1 game in.

Whos calling him generational?  
The whole USC thing is pointless.  We said the same thing about Alabama before Hurts, then Tua, back to back.  Which college is a QB machine?  Not Ohio, not USC, no one. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny, we want him to prove it on an NFL field because it’s not the NFL but rip him off of a start, 1 game in.

Whos calling him generational?  
The whole USC thing is pointless.  We said the same thing about Alabama before Hurts, then Tua, back to back.  Which college is a QB machine?  Not Ohio, not USC, no one. 

Ummm, Joe Namath was from Alabama but I digress.

If you've actually watched any of Williams games (Ihave) or read any articles about him, pretty much all of the NFL media talking heads are & have been calling him a "generational talent".

I couldn't count how many times I've heard that statement regarding Williams, which is completely absurd to me.

It's amost as if the media is setting him up to fail.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

If you've actually watched any of his games or read any article about him, pretty much all of the NFL media talking heads are & have been calling him a generational talent.

I couldn't count how many times I've heard that statement regarding Williams, which is completely absurd to me.

Look at Trevor, 0-2.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Ummm, Joe Namath was from Alabama but I digress.

If you've actually watched any of Williams games (Ihave) or read any articles about him, pretty much all of the NFL media talking heads are & have been calling him a "generational talent".

You’re thinking Namath in class of mid sixties has anything to do with the 2,000’s?  Stabler?  
If you don’t understand the accolades that were thrown around about him 2 years ago then you didn’t watch him play.  He didn’t play up to those standards a year later but still was damn good.  
No one is setting him up to fail.  His failing has nothing to do with accolades heaped on him.  
I get it.  He’s odd, or different.  And some people hate different.  See Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Look at Trevor, 0-2.  

Trevor’s a good NFL QB.  
Hes thrown over 4,000 yards each of the last 2 seasons.  With 46 TDs and only 22 INTs.  

He’s carried his team to the playoffs 2xs, once on his back.  How many from his class can say that?  

I’d take him in a second

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You’re thinking Namath in class of mid sixties has anything to do with the 2,000’s?  Stabler?  
If you don’t understand the accolades that were thrown around about him 2 years ago then you didn’t watch him play.  He didn’t play up to those standards a year later but still was damn good.  
No one is setting him up to fail.  His failing has nothing to do with accolades heaped on him.  
I get it.  He’s odd, or different.  And some people hate different.  See Rodgers

It has nothing to do with being "different".

I do think the amount of praise being heaped on this guy is ridiculous.

He's a pretty good scrambler and that's about all of I've seen from him thus far, at the NFL level.

Just now, ARodJetsFan said:

It has nothing to do with being "different".

I do think the amount of praise being heaped on this guy is ridiculous.

He's a pretty good scrambler and that's about all of I've seen from him this far.

OK so you haven’t seen him play if a pretty good scrambler and nothing else is what you’ve seen.   And yes, the only concerns had nothing to do with talent and ability, it’s been his personality 

48 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Trevor’s a good NFL QB.  
Hes thrown over 4,000 yards each of the last 2 seasons.  With 46 TDs and only 22 INTs.  

He’s carried his team to the playoffs 2xs, once on his back.  How many from his class can say that?  

I’d take him in a second

Me too, but he was supposed to be generational.  Not just good but the next flat out nfl star.  And his team is 0-2 and they play at buffalo and at Texans next.  He’s a good to very good qb, they paid him 275m and for that money you should be better.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

OK so you haven’t seen him play if a pretty good scrambler and nothing else is what you’ve seen.   And yes, the only concerns had nothing to do with talent and ability, it’s been his personality 

One thing that struck me about Williams during an interview prior to week 1, is that he said he never gets nervous before a game & hasn't gotten nervous about a game since his first start in HS.

Don't know if I'd have made that statement, on national TV with my first NFL start looming.

Obviously its WAAAAAYYYYY early in his NFL career, but as of this moment, it looks like, at the very least, that this young man is in for a long season.

I also don't know if he'll hold up to too many more beatings, like the one he took on Sunday night vs the Texans.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

One thing that struck me about Williams during an interview prior to week 1, is that he said he never gets nervous before a game & hasn't gotten nervous about a game since his first start in HS.

Don't know if I'd have made that statement, with my first NFL start looming.

Obviously its WAAAAAYYYYY early in his NFL career, but as of this moment, it looks like, at the very least, that this young man is in for a long season.

I also don't know if he'll hold up to too many more beatens, like the one he took on Sunday night vs the Texans.

Here’s where I totally agree.  Just play the game, stop acting like you own it, the NFL is a different game than the one you’ve dominated.

It’s not his talent or lack of talent that could derail him.  His ego and attitude could 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

He is a Lincoln Riley QB. 

I know people on this forum don't want to read this, but coaching matters & talent around the QB matters.

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2024 at 8:26 PM, k-met57 said:

i am old enough to remember when Mahomes was coming out of college, the knock on him was that QB's need to be more substance than flash. Sounds like i am going to be around to see the league come full circle on those types of QB's.

Yes Mahomes is special, and he went to a team with Alex Smith and Andy Reid, and sat for a year. The run around and see what happens thing, doesn't work in the NFL esp when you are passing for 50% completion rate. Williams had several plays today where it literally looked like he thought he was playing Maryland and not an NFL team.

As great as Mahomes is I still highly doubt he becomes what he is now with the Jets

13 hours ago, jgb said:

A fanbase that hung onto the Zach dream for 3 years calling guys busts after 1 week 

Panthers haven’t really done anything right.

But one thing you have to respect is not being afraid to move on from Bryce Young 3 weeks into year 2.

It took Jets 3 full seasons to finally admit defeat and cleanse themselves of Zach Wilson, to finally turn the page.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Panthers haven’t really done anything right.

But one thing you have to respect is not being afraid to move on from Bryce Young 3 weeks into year 2.

It took Jets 3 full seasons to finally admit defeat and cleanse themselves of Zach Wilson, to finally turn the page.

I agree but Jets did bench Zach year 2 (twice I think?) but he kept coming back like Michael Myers in “Halloween.”